Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Sweetness & Surprises

 




Thank you for all your sweet comments and notes addressing my new promotion to Grandmother.  I am planning a post in the near future sharing my new name and what I am looking forward to the most when our new little granddaughter arrives.


Today, I am back in the Hodgepodge seat.  My friend, Joyce, from From This Side of the Pond, writes the creative questions, and bloggers answer them.  Stop over to Joyce's blog to read other blogger's answers.




1. If your life had a theme song for this past year, what would it be?



 The theme song of the past year would be  Here Comes The Sun I feel that I am completely over my Pandemic PTSD; we are settled in our home and life in Texas, my girls and SIL are happy, and we are so excited about our grandchild arriving in March.


Santander

 

And the Mister has made great strides in his husband training. Now, instead of rearranging the dishwasher in front of me, he waits until I leave the room to quietly strategize and place each item in the appropriate space.

 

2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie...of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite? Which one have you tasted most recently? Or maybe you don't like chocolate???



Wait...there are people who actually don't like chocolate?



I just came across this magnificent cake.  I would like to meet the creative genius who thought to unite two wonders of the world - Chocolate Cake and Malted Milk Balls.  Here is the Recipe.
 

3. What has surprised you recently?

 



The Mister and I were convinced that #1 and AJ were having a boy.  When we took a bite out of our delicious cupcake that held the gender tucked away in the sweet frosting, the Mister and I looked at each other in shock. We couldn't be happier.



4. September 19th is National Voter Registration Day in the US. Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now? If not, why not? 



Within weeks of moving into our home, we registered to vote. We always vote early to avoid the crowds.


Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently?

The Mister and I usually vote on what restaurant to go to. 

It must satisfy both of our appetites.


The Mister's



And mine.

 

5. Do you like to hike? If so, when's the last time you went hiking and where'd ya go? If you're not a hiker are you a walker? Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine? 



The Mister and I take power walks at least three times a week.
We're legendary in our 'hood.


6. Insert your own random thought here.



The Mister and I went to the movies last weekend.  My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 was uplifting and fun. Here is the trailer.







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

33 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations! We're welcoming another new granddaughter in February and are so looking forward to another little girl in the family. I'm glad you're settled and happy in your new home. So nice to see you in the Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Very exciting for all. It's so nice to have you back blogging again after your summer hiatus! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a new grandchild coming! I want to see that movie so bad...it looks hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your power walking! We watched the movie, too, and I was surprised that for a three-quel (is that a word?) it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn in Kansas CitySeptember 20, 2023 at 8:53 AM

    Congrats to all! 🩷 My son and daughter in law are expecting their first - a baby boy, and they live in the Dallas area! Can’t wait to hear what you’re going to be called!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,

    Thrilled that you are going to be a grandmother! You will be the best.
    Had to laugh at the questions, especially the one that ask if I am a hiker. Believe it or not we leave on Monday to hike the last 100km of the Camino de Santiago in Spain (over nine days). We have been training for awhile. I should start my blog back up to show the pics. But ai am not taking my laptop and difficult to post from a phone. Love that you are back …Your ole Ft.Worth buddy Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You peaked my interest, you could always take notes and blog about it when you come back. I've always had an interest in the Camino de Santiago since I saw the movie The Way with Martin Sheen (very good.) Carol S.

      Delete
  7. Haha - I actually know someone who doesn't like chocolate! SO hard to comprehend that we're even related!! Great Hodgepodge answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Katie! It's Gray...Here Comes The Sun is my favorite song - so I loved when you said that! Loved your interview and especially the crocs fashion statement at the end. I always laugh here - love you Grandma! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband would love that cake! I'll have to remember that recipe next August!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you plan on making that cake - you need the English/Irish malted milk balls - Maltesers. Not the US ones - no comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Power walks are hiking excpecially after eating cake. Sounds like a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to hate chocolate but now I just love it.. in all its forms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your #1 and her hubby’s pregnancy. I can only imagine how excited you must be.
    Look forward to hearing what you want the baby to call you.
    Love your posts!
    P.S. The dresses that your girls were wearing in the last post are really cute.
    Melissa B

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are as always, hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We went to Rise for dinner last night and they had a Mac n Cheese soufflé as one of their specials. Oh My Goodness! Must try. It felt like a hug. Excellent comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a gramma to seven girls. All I can say it’s quite amazing. I will say they are louder than one could ever imagine. I love the, soooo much. And adore my three sweet grandsons. Congratulations. You will love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am Nana to two granddaughters. You are going to absolutely love being a grandma! There's nothing like it. Congratulations! Oh, and chocolate truffles all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on new baby girl's upcoming arrival! I'm RFLMAO at your commentary on dishwasher p's and q's. I've not made my choco-holic hubby any cakes in a long time, but this looks so cute. Thanks for the recipe link!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this and your humorous replies. I missed your snide remarks. ☺️ I rearrange the d/w after Mr P walks away (and wipe his sugar off the counter from his cereal prep). I found a great recipe for a campfire bourbon (and I don't drink bourbon ordinarily) that's like a liquid s'more - yum! Yes, we walk every day, except heavy rain or cold with winds > 15 mph. Can't wait for for tour first promotional assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to see MBFGW3 and am happy to hear you enjoyed it!! Katie, I enjoyed your post!! Joyce never disappoints with her hodgepodge of questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katie, congratulations on upcoming grandmother status. It is the best ever. I always enjoy reading your funny answers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the new little one joining the family soon! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, it is so exciting welcoming little ones into the family and watching your children parent those precious babies. I have two sons and five grandsons, so I’ll enjoy your future dress shopping as a diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I missed your post about becoming a grandmother - How exciting for you and life will oonly get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun stuff Katie, I love your "Here Comes the Sun" theme song 🌞
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your lettuce looks like Michigan. And I'm the one who can take or leave chocolate. Brownies are good, maybe a good truffle or turtle. Rarely but on occasion. Otherwise, meh!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for your dedication to helping us understand this topic

    ReplyDelete
  28. CONTESSA SAYS CONGRATULATIONS!CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE NAME YOU HAVE PICKED OUT!I AM GRANDMA MY HUSBAND WANTS TO BE NONNO!THE ITALIAN VERSION...........MY ITALIAN REARRANGES THE DISHWASHER TOO!DRIVES ME CRAZY!HEAD OVER TO MY BLOG.............WE HAVE A NEW 4 lEGGED POT BELLY PIG!I KNOW I JUST MADE YOUR DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Katie! Holly from NH and Houston…Congratulations! We have 2 granddaughters, almost 11 and 7. I wanted to be called Nana, like my mother…but Ava started to call me Neena, so Neena it is now. Let’s see what she will call you!! My daughter was 37 and almost 41 when our two granddaughters were born so I had just about given up…it is the BEST! So happy for you both and your puppy! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  30. I chuckled at your comment about the mister..haha. I'm so glad you are settling in and life is looking more "sunny". I have a friend who doesn't like chocolate...I know, crazy. Congrats on the new grandbaby coming soon. Your Gifs cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts