Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 31, 2023

Layering My Way Through Spring

 



I hope that you had a productive week.  All is well here.  I had a delightful lunch with a dear friend on Wednesday.  A couple of old tennis buddies asked me to join them in a pickleball clinic next week, which should be fun.  I have never won any prizes for my hand-and-eye coordination, so we'll see how this turns out.


The weather is never dependable during the Spring season, especially in Texas.  It can be in the 40s in the mornings and the 70s by mid-afternoon.  The good news is that I stowed away my bulky puffer coat.


Essentially, it's all about layering.  I let my fingers do the scrolling and picked out some items for the season.  About 90% of the chosen pieces are on sale.








I love to wrap one of these bright crew necks around my shoulders to give my outfit some color.






























This is a peplum jacket.





























Comes in Petite too!




My favorite jacket!


My other favorite jacket.







Love the white blouse too!















Love this!


















Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

9 comments:

  1. There are so many good things on sale right now, it's so tempting! I have quite the wish list going!
    Have a great weekend Katie!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww… poor Millie….she just wants to have fun! Love all the jackets… wish I could wear cropped ones but not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you just cost me nearly $200😂😂😂! Love the shorter/cropped jackets because I am height challenged and your taste is very similar to mine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good pieces! I am afraid that I now have 5 things in my carts! Thank you for sharing Karie, have a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list!
    m in hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just bought the moto jacket ! My kids all play pickle ball and tennis and love it! i have a ton of friends who play too. I’m afraid it will mess up my 3.0 tennis skills 🤣 My husband actually asked what preppy empty nester is watching we were looking for a few movies ! 💕laura ps read the weekend edit we had a tough week regarding our daughters future FIL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great outfits and jackets. I've got my eye on a couple of the pieces you've shared. Back in the early eighties my late husband and I lived in Arlington for a couple of years. As a California girl, I learned how unpredictable Texas weather can be. 😎
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out the Mackenzie Child AUDREY sunglasses, as they are so you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Deborah I'll check them out too! Pickle Ball is the new craze and I look forward to a video or two of you killing it Katie! KTG

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts