Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, May 27, 2022

My Favorite Things


Hello, dear friends.  Well, it's finally here.  Today is my last day of blogging until September.


I'm not going to bore you with all the fun projects I plan on tackling during my summer hiatus.  The walk of shame is too humiliating when I come back and admit that I basically did nothing.  It might be different, though, because the Mister will be fully retired. I am pretty sure I will want to keep busy.  Keep me in your prayers.


If you need a link or have a question for me, feel free to email me.  I will be posting lots of pretty pictures, great sales, and maybe even some of the Mister's recipes on Instagram.  


I haven't posted my favorite things lately, so here they are.  You have probably heard me mention them if you are a regular reader.




I still miss my Gene's Vitamin E Cream, but this is the next best thing.  




I tried this Vitamin C cream a couple of years ago when GMA had their Deals and Steals promo featured it at half price.  I fell in love with it and have been using it as my sunscreen/moisturizer ever since.  It smells delish and absorbs quickly.


I've used these for years.





This light exfoliator is new to my skin routine.
I use it a couple days a week.





This oil is the perfect remedy for the dry skin around my nose due to my allergies.  It absorbs quickly and doesn't look greasy.







I've got a lot of primers in my cosmetic drawer, but I keep coming back to this one.




I've been raving about this self-tanner for a while.
The smell is not offensive, and it is moisturizing.
It gives me natural-looking color.
If you are looking to get really dark in a few hours, this is not for you!






This is the best invention since Spanx!
After a few sprays, it gives my face color within an hour.
I even have the Mister using it. 






This is another product that I have used forever.
It also makes a great hostess gift.





I like this mascara for the daytime because it is natural-looking.
Added bonus:  it doesn't flake!







My friend, Kelly Anne, from thisblondesshoppingbag recommended this miracle in a bottle.  It gets rid of red eyes within a minute.  I asked my eye doctor about it, and he said it was completely safe.





My girls have used this shampoo and conditioner for years.  I just started using it regularly, and I get it.  My hair feels a lot softer.



The best leave-in conditioner for frizz.





I have one of these chargers in every room and packed in my travel gear.
I like that there is a charger for every device in one and no bulk.







My favorite earphones have lasted me a long time.





Amazon


I have been wearing New Balance forever.  They keep discontinuing the styles I like.  I'm starting to take it personally.  These are my latest faves and the best bang for my buck.





Amazon


These make a world of difference on my walks.



Nordstrom

I am not a shoe person.  The reason for this is I can never find any that are comfortable.  Until I found these.  My friends can attest that I have these in every color.  The wedge is just enough to give me height, and the canvas is flexible.





Goodbye shorts... hello skorts.
They are much more flattering on me and more comfortable than shorts.

I bought this dress and love it.
Too bad she doesn't look as good as me in it.





This keeps my bagged lettuce fresh as a daisy!




My secret for keeping most of my weight off.








All-natural, non-offensive smell and keeps the pests away.

What else can you ask for?




Love this duvet cover because it is a great weight for year-round use.  But the best part is that it is oversized, especially if you sleep with a cover-stealer like me.




These are sold as a set of four glasses.
I use them for candles.
Great price too. 


I hope you have a wonderful Summer.
Stay safe.

Until next time...













Sitewide sale at Ballard





Amazon



Great price with the sale and lots of colors.













I will order this dress, wear my pearls, and tell everyone to call me Jackie.



Linked up with:





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

28 comments:

  1. Love that comforter! What size duvet cover do you use with it? Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't - I use that to cover my bed and my "fancy" one over it folded at the end of the bed.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Summer! I will definitely miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the break and try and stay out of trouble! Will look forward to you returning in the Fall. Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful summer! Good luck with your Mr’s retirement…🤣my type A hubby struggles with that a bit…Im trying to come up with some sort of club for the guys and make millions when I sell the concept on Shark Tank…let me know if you want in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to miss you dear Katie! Probably will see you on the gram and have a beautiful summer! I literally just used lumify for the first time this week and it did get rid of my red eyes in a minute. Kellyann is one of my dearest friends so I’m gonna have to tell her, lol! Enjoy the summer sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a beautiful summer Katie - lots of books and treats and doggy walks! Sending good retirement energy! 🤣 See you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve added so many things to cart. Enjoy the break. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gene's Vitamin E Cream is sold on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that... one container for $84.00! I have a feeling someone had an old one in their closet and decided to try to make some bucks! It's been on for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful summer! I'll miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just ordered that same black dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay... if we are wearing it to the same party let's tell everyone we planned it that way! Have a great summer.

      Delete
  13. Enjoy your summer! Will check in with you on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got to go and check out some of these for sure. I'll miss you while you are away but I certainly understand. I've certainly been a big slacker in the blogging world in recent months. Oh, well, it is what it is. Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Preppy Empty Nester, Parting is such sweet sorrow. I'll be holding you to your Instagram promise ... and I'm armed with your email address. Don't make me use it. I'm going to have to take another scroll through this post. I see several things I desperately need. Although a miracle would be preferable. Wishing you the very best summer! xo (Juliet/makemineaspritzer)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful summer vacation from us, your fans. 😊 September will be here before we know it. Yikes. I look forward to your return. My Amazon account and budget thank you for taking a vacation. Haha.
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Per your recommendation a few years ago, I purchased Toni Pons shoes - very comfortable. I like Tatcha Camilla Oil to wash my face at night - it removes all face and eye makeup - and no need to double wash. Tatcha rice powder is a very effective exfoliant - I use it once a week. Have a wonderful summer. I hope to hear all about your adventures and home projects in September when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always a fun visit, Katie!! Going back to check out a few of your recommendations! Gonna miss you but wish you an amazingly fun summer!! Take care, be well, and see you back here in a few!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that charger! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's me, Beemie...my Amazon cart thanks you...lots of good stuff will ship to me soon. Enjoy your summer! Keeping your books list on speed dial...I have a boatload ready to go so when I read through those, I will have a place to find another.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a wonderful holiday Katie! Thank you for leaving us with so many fabulous finds.
    Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Memorial Day weekend! The Mister will love retirement, but you may not LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am going to miss your posts so much Katie! Thanks for the shoutout - I am so glad you like those eye drops, they are magic! You have so many great product recs here, as per usual I need to save this post!
    Enjoy your summer and happy retirement to the Mister!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love so many of these pieces. The maxi dresses are beautiful.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts