Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, May 13, 2022

The Friday Files



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you all had a good week. Although it flew by, I didn't do anything exciting.  I did burn some calories whining about my allergies. But that covers it. 

Today, I am meeting some friends for a glass of chardonnay at our local wine bar, which is always a guaranteed good time.  











Click here to see the rest of this beautiful Buckhead home.












Here is the epitome of casual elegance in South Carolina.












It may not be a pretty woman, but it sure is a pretty home.  Here's a peek at a handsome movie star's home in Pound Ridge, NY.











This screen star may not have a real law degree but she sure has an eye for style.










This 1913 gem can be found in Greensboro, North Carolina, and is for sale.




 


In other real estate news, I couldn't resist sharing this story with you.






Goodbye cheeseboard, hello burrata board.






Are you planting a vegetable garden this year?

Here are some tips on watering.




Can you identify a weed?
Click here for your weed identification guide.







Have you ever dreamed of visiting Lake Como?
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in such a romantic place?
Here's an insider's guide








Are you flying this weekend?  If you expect timely flights with hospitable crews, you may want to consider this list.






Are you a cruiser?
Are you retiring soon?
Here's an option.













Last week, I noticed that I dripped some of my eyebrow tint on the white drawer of my vanity.  I tried half a dozen stain products that I had on hand.  I then went to the store and picked up a few others.  I am happy to report that Mr. Clean removed it completely. 
 
This is the first and only household tip you will get from me.







I am always sad when I finish a season of Call The Midwife.  It never fails, I always shed a few bittersweet tears during every episode.  Here is the trailer.





We are watching The Staircase now.  I remember the case from years ago.  While being a stay-at-home Mom, I became a huge Court TV fan.  This case centered around Michael Peterson, no relation to the other Husband of the Year award winner, Scott.
     
The girls were very small at the time, and the Mister traveled a lot.  When he got home one weekend, he couldn't figure out that our Number One only knew five letters of the alphabet... D-N-A and O-J.   






Is anyone watching this?
We haven't started it yet, and I can't wait.
Here is the trailer.






Did you watch the first season of Hacks?
I loved it, and I'm so excited the second season premiered yesterday.
Here is the trailer.



The Mister's
Frozen Lemon Souffle




1 pkg instant Jello Lemon Pudding
2 cups Half & Half
1/4 tsp citric acid
1/2 grated lemon rind
1 pkg Cool Whip 8oz
5 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen, Cranberry & Orange Marmalade

6x 4" small souffle ramekins, add a collar of parchment paper or tin foil with the top edge 1/4" above the top rim of the ramekin

* add 1 1/2 tb. of marmalade to the bottom of the ramekin
  
* Directions
Pudding Directions:  Beat pudding mix and 2 cups of Half & Half with a whisk for 2 min. 
Pudding will be soft-set in 5 min.

****

 when set:

* Whip Lemon pudding for 4 minutes at high speed to soften and incorporate air

* Combine 5 egg whites and sift in 1/4 C sugar and whip to firm peak (but not dry)

* Fold in 8 oz cool whip, then fold in whipped egg whites into pudding
pipe into ramekins to top of tin foil collar and even top with knife or 
spatula, freeze until firm, then remove the collar and top with raspberries and powdered sugar.  Let it sit about 15 minutes before serving.























Until next time...




















































I love me a skort!


































Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

24 comments:

  1. OMG the NC house is in my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you don't have peek in the windows!! LOL. Have a great weekend, Maggie!

      Delete
  2. Those houses are so beautiful! Definite eye candies! And yes, hello burrata cheese board. Yum!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, I am guessing the Mister used a big box of pudding, not a small one? Love the house eye candy!! All you need is a "little" money! Ha. Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, Mister cooks and bakes in a jaunty checked dress shirt?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay where do I buy citric acid? Is that in the lemon/lime juice aisle or in the spice aisle at Kroger? Okay that house with the tenant is crazy. So basically someone bought the house and will have the expense to start the eviction process. In this market .. anything is possible. I love RW house and JR house. I'll email you this weekend with Evan update. He found a place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still processing that house story-- I mean who buys a house with an undisclosed stranger living in the basement (especially one that doesn't pay rent!!!). Just nope...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Friday fun Katie, the lemon souffles look amazing! I love the Mr. Clean magic erasers, definitely magic!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the houses you share and the ones you do on Instagram! Give me all the lemon and let me just hire Mr. now! Such a pretty fashion finds as well! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Katie. Thanks for the recipe. I figure I can get all of the ingredients at Central Market? Love love the homes. Yes, I have been to Como. and Maggiore as well. You are correct about the weather Omg. This will be our first summer in Texas in well over twenty years. Why oh why did we sell our Colorado house?. Hopefully we will survive…Janey

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be easier to have "The Mister" come to my house and make the dessert.... he can bring you too!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep hoping to see more Texas, Texas ranch houses, Texas antiques, all things Texas. !! Thanks….

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Katie. This visit has been like a vacation... beautiful homes, amazing food, fun dresses.... Happy Weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Atlanta Homes magazine offers the best home tours. So pretty. Your Mister sure makes great food. That dessert made me hungry for something sweet.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a life saver! So glad you it worked for you. I didn't even realize Call to Midwife & Season 2 of Hacks was out, I can't want to binge them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The only problem with those Atlanta houses would be the Atlanta traffic-ugh!! I am all about the burrata board and I love peaches with it especially. The basement dweller is creepy and sounds like a Dateline episode.






    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read about the rise in housing costs in Plano and the shortage of houses for us "lower income folks," but can you imagine the crunch being so bad that anyone would actually purchase that house with someone living in the basement? And the work that needs to be done to make the upper levels livable? I see an accidental fire in its future. LOL! Not that Mister's dish doesn't look divine and appealing, but that is 200 too many steps for me. Loved taking your tour with you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at burrata board. And now I can't concentrate. That first house ... the living room is giving me Coastal Grandmother vibes. Swoon. We started season 2 of Hacks over the weekend. Just as good as the first season. But I really need to wait until all the episodes are released to continue. Its too good to stop after just one. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not anonymous ... it's Juliet from Make Mine A Spritzer. You know I'm comment-challenged. ;-/

      Delete
  18. A Very British Scandal was Very Good! Lesson Learned:Never marry a penniless duke.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts