Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 12, 2021

The Friday Files



Hello, dear friends.  It's been a busy week around here.  Tuesday, we spent three hours at our future home with an inspector.  He gave us a glowing inspection report.  The Mister and I listened attentively to his in-depth evaluation. The Mister was practically giddy.  Nothing gives him more joy than to hear about his investment down to the smallest of details.  I nodded off and smiled behind my mask. 



Here is the first picture of moi in our future home.  Remember I talked about the TV going over the fireplace?  This is it.  Our realtor asked me if I had enough tchotchkes to fill up the shelves.  I told her that I could open a Homegoods Superstore with all the crap irreplaceable trinkets that I have hidden in storage.

This morning, I am off to look at fabrics with my #2.  This afternoon, the Mister and I are venturing to one more furniture store.  It will be easier now because we have a plan in mind.

Tomorrow we are spending some time at a club that we used to belong to and decided to rejoin.  It is an orientation class.  For once in my life, I'm hoping to be the star student since I've been down that path before.




Today, in honor of St. Patrick's Day coming up, I found a couple of castles in Ireland for sale.  If you buy one, feel free to extend an open invitation to me.






More gorgeous pics can be found here.








You prefer waterfront?

Step right here.








Are you a fan of corned beef and cabbage?  My mother used to make it every year, and I couldn't stand the smell, let alone the taste.  If you feel the same way, but want to celebrate with some delicious food to accompany your green beer, here are 45 classic Irish recipes.





I come from a family of meal preppers.
If you're wondering how to start, here is a beginner's guide.





First of all, this article does not pertain to me.  I adore my son-in-law, sometimes more than his wife.  If you are not as fortunate, here are some tips on how to handle it when your adult child's significant other is less than perfect in your eyes.






Speaking of strained family relations, who watched the Royal Interview?  Or rather, who didn't watch it?  When Oprah promised some bombshells, she wasn't kidding.  

Twitter was on fire with clever comments.  

I found this piece to be quite interesting, praising my girl Oprah's Emotional Intelligence.





Do you thank Harry's Mama really roller skated through the Palace?
 Find out here.




 

Speaking of Twitter, do you know who this lovely lady is? 
If not, you're really missing something.
Here's the scoop.


Now that you've become acquainted, I am sure that you will find this item quite intriguing.





Do you have a pandemic garden?

Julia Kelly spills the beans on hers.



By the way... I just downloaded her book.




Mark your calendars for March 26th. 
This is gonna be good.





Alright, Alright, Alright...

Speaking of star power... guess who is thinking of running for governor in my new home state?


How many other states can brag that their governor was the sexiest man alive?

Come on, I know you're jealous.





If you enjoy British TV, you will love this list of the best British TV shows.




I was so happy to hear this news.






And last but not least... I leave you with a smile. 

















I have used this bronzer since I was in my 20's.
So, for approximately 20 years.

My favorite foundation during the colder months.





























Air Purifier






Until next time...





Let me introduce you to my friend, Constance from Hingham, Mass., and her little darlin' Louis.




This is my Louis who I adopted/rescued when he was 5. He’s a Havanese and a total sweetheart once he warms up to you. Before that he can be very anxious and can get growly.

His given name was Louis Vuitton but we mostly call him Mr. Lou, Louis, or Lou Lou.

His favorite thing is sleeping, especially in front of a fire.

The second favorite is getting a treat. Havanese are known for their dancing. He dances in circles clockwise for treats and counterclockwise when it’s time for dinner! I wish I could send a video.

Thanks so much, Constance.  
Who knew Havanese were known for their dancing?



Linking up with:






Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

19 comments:

  1. Wow, your house looks gorgeous! You must be so excited! Great list as always this week. Well, I have to agree with you on the corned beef and cabbage. I despise it!! And as a joke, one of my friends (who happens to love corned beef and cabbage) sends me a picture of it every St. Patrick's Day to torture me! Also, each week, I remember I need to send you some pictures of Rosie for your dog feature. The one above is darling. Enjoy your weekend!
    Cheers!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about your new home. I know y'all will have lots of fun getting it all just right. I am so excited about some of the new fashion styles. First time in such a long time. I can't wait to actually go shopping in person. I think my husband will not have a stroke of worry every time I leave the house soon as I get my first shot on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home is beautiful. I guess me and my friends are in the majority because we did not watch the MM interview. We decided to sip mimosas by the pool instead! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new forever home is beautiful! It's going to be so much fun to decorate. We also have been furniture shopping because our little darling, McTavish, chewed two huge holes in our sofa! I loved the castles being the castle buff that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home - I can't wait to see more. I hope you like the Last Garden in England as much as I did. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can’t wait to see more of your home. Is tennis in your future at the new/old club?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sneak peek into your new casa! Looks amazing! Oh, the fun we'll have decorating those shelves! Melissa and Ina ... oh my gosh ... marking calendar now. Behave yourself at orientation tomorrow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finding your new home!! ☘️☘️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of you in your new home! Glad you got a good inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always I am going back to check out a few links! Thanks!! I am so happy for you finding your new home! Love the pup Lou Lou! Our oldest and his wife have two Havanese dogs and they, too, dance for treats. Very cute! Happy weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh! Can’t wait to see more of your new place. When we moved to Ft. Worth, we downsized.
    I am still getting use to this open concept and only one living area. . Hard to get away from constant sports on T.V without sitting in the bedroom! We have a 55in t.v. above the fireplace. I would love to have the hidden screen...but no he was on the phone yesterday talking to our media guy discussing up-grading (sic) to a 65 or 75 in!
    Thanks for all of the links..Have already clicked on a few.
    I would love to know what area y’all bought in but can understand if you don’t publish that.
    Have fun decorating and enjoying this Spring weather....Janey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun stuff Katie! Congrats on your new home, I can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom also made corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day - yuck.
    Diana and Sarah F were miserable, so I thought that Meghan might end up in a similar situation, because, compared to them, IMO she's older, more independent, intelligent and worldly. I wasn't surprised that she had more trouble adjusting, but I am surprised at the backlash against her after the Oprah interview.
    Someday I will watch The Crown - I still need to get through my boxed set of Downton Abby.
    Can't wait to see more photos of your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting, Katie! Your new home looks beautiful! Such a wonderful time for you and the Mister!! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WE USE THE SAME BRONZER!
    YOU NEED A NEW HEAD OF STATE AND HE WILL DO!
    WONDERFUL YOU FOUND A HOUSE!
    I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING THE TOUR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new home looks beautiful and I know you are excited! I can’t wait to see it all. I am not a big fan of corned beef and cabbage. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a roundup of FUN. Exciting about your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really enjoyed your post on this dumpy Sunday afternoon! Especially since you will now be living in Ireland. Can't wait to read all those 45 recipes! Doesn't everyone need a sleigh in the foyer? Also I could not find any mention in the write up of a man to roll the lawn,being included in the purchase price. So nice to know there are people who can afford this lifestyle and I can communicate with them. Be safe,save some fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though DR. ZUMA who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa Zuma, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 4 days after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing DR. ZUMA gave to me from the ancient part of Africa herbal root, you can email him now for your own healing too at: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Maria Cooker.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts