Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sunday Stealing


Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.  Ours has been a busy one, which is nice for a change.  We took our #2 out for lunch yesterday and then gave her a tour of our future love nest.  Lucky for us, she loved it. 

 

If you remember, we sold a lot of our furniture to the buyers of our home. Needless to say, the rest of the day was spent shopping for replacements. 

    

Today, we are off to a couple of flooring stores.  We are changing out the carpet in the Mister's study and the master bedroom to hardwood flooring.  It's not nearly as exciting as furniture shopping.


Today I am linking up with Bev Sykes, who chooses the intriguing questions for unassuming bloggers like me to answer.



1. Do you put ketchup on hot dogs?

I love ketchup and put it on almost everything except eggs.


2. How many TVs in your house?


A woman can never be too rich, too thin, or own too many TVs.  At present, we are living in an apartment and have two TVs. 

  


 After spending numerous hours in an electronics store yesterday with the Mister cross-examining every salesperson in sight, I consider myself well-versed in TV talk.  

In our new home, the TV will hold center stage over the fireplace. We are looking at this one because when it is turned off, it looks like a framed photograph. The photos can come from anywhere, including your iPhone. 

It sounds like hours of entertainment for the Mister.

Does anyone have one of these?

Any reviews?


3. Do you put salt on watermelon?

I am a big fan of salt as well as watermelon.

I just don't like them together.



I have been known to put a dash of salt on my canteloupe, though.


4. Can you swim?


You betcha.
My diving can use some work, though.


5. Are your parents still alive?

No, my Mom passed away 20 years ago and my Dad passed away at the ripe age of 100 a couple of years ago.


6. First car?


My first car was a used bright orange Rabbit.
I loved it because I could always find my car in a parking lot.


7. Surgeries?


None that I admit to.


8. What do you drink in the morning?



I greet the morning with a couple of cups of this stuff.


9. Can you do 100 push-ups?


No, but I am quite accomplished at arm lifts.


10. Can you change a tire?


This tire?
I wish.


11. Tattoos?


Only one, and I totally regert it.


12. Do you wear sunglasses?


Absolutely
Celebs like me don't want to be recognized.



13. Do you have a phobia?

You name it, I got it.



14. Do you have a nickname?



The Mister calls me princess for some reason.
 

15. Are you a picky eater?


I don't know.
What do you think?



















Until next time...



Allow me to introduce you to Michelle and her little darlings, Jack and Anna.



Anna (left) and Jack are from New Hampshire. Anna loves running after golf balls but not returning them. She is mischievous, enjoys counter surfing and kitchen sponges.



Jack gets into his own trouble and has stolen a whole uncooked pizza off the counter. 



He’s always up for a round of fetch inside and out (when there’s no snow). 

Thanks, Michelle!





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

24 comments:

  1. Must say I’m surprised about your one and only tattoo.
    Congrats on the house. Look forward to seeing photos. Also curious to hear if you ended up in Dallas proper or one of the suburbs.
    Furniture shopping is fun and I’m impressed that you were able to get it done in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a ketchup lover too. I loved all of your dog pictures! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on house victory! Was there much compromise between you and the Mister or a slam dunk on all counts? Not that you asked but, if the room will support a bigger TV, do it now. Just saying, in the store they look massive but in the room, not as big.
    Looking forward to your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy your found your new home!! Lots to do ahead and thanks for letting us go along with you!! A fun Sunday Stealing. I plan to get back on my blogging schedule this coming week. I've just been hopping around these past two weeks. I enjoyed your post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on new home, sounds like a great realtor! Hope you can get the professional photos even if home not listed. And share of course when time is right. Best wishes on next stage! Love all your witty replies. We have massive black box over our fireplace and I’ve got my eye on one like your link in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your answers. I agree with all of your food related answers. One should have the pleasure of taking my mom to the doctor where she starts telling the nurse how all these young people are going to be so sad one day that they got tattoos. They will grow old and be wrinkled and fat and those tattoos are not going to look the same. Only then does she think to say to the nurse, "Do you have a tattoo?" To which the answer was yes. I was trying to find a hole!!!
    I love the idea of the TV with something other than a black screen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post! Love the questions. Have fun shopping for the new home!!!! 🏡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie!! So happy you found your new love nest!! Best wishes!! Cannot wait to see the pictures. I love your decor style!! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy weekend -- I hope you find all the furniture you need! Or want! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you as funny in person as on your blog? You make me laugh EVERY single time I read!! I think your answers to today's questions are some of your funniest yet! Thanks for making me smile (and laugh out loud!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Lisa. I'm glad I could give you a chuckle. Am I as funny in real life? I think so, however my family would beg to differ. Have a great week.

      Delete
  11. Hi, I read two bloggers who are not in our season of life yet & they both have that tv.
    One blogger is Julia from https://www.chrislovesjulia.com/?s=samsung+tv
    She believes in getting her frame TV from eBay. Not sure if you went that route or not.
    The other blogger is Amy from homeyohmy. https://www.homeyohmy.com/our-family-room/#more-22516 She has another post about getting art onto the TV as well.
    Hope this helps. Have a wonderful week! from someone who prefers bbq sauce to ketchup on burgers & hotdogs & ranch with her fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely stop by and visit both blogs. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  12. You and I would be a bad mix together because your sense of humor is as warped as my own. We have a huge TV over our fireplace mantel-a gift from our son while I was in Florida and I was NOT thrilled at first. However, I can make it look like a painting when not in use and we have found that it is wonderful to watch TV and the fire at the same time during this long quarantine session.
    Soooo happy you have found a new home! Can't wait to see pictures! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post! I don't use ketchup on anything. Happy shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes to The Frame TV. Bought one for my husbands birthday in November and I’m thrilled with it! The art selections are terrific, and even Etsy sells art options too. Haven’t tried photos from our cloud; that’s above my pay grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the review, Debbie. Interesting about Etsy. Have a great week.

      Delete
  15. Ha - too funny! My first car was a green Gremlin so you and I were really stylin' back in the day. lol
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. My friend has that TV over her fireplace - she likes it a lot.
    I can do 100 push-ups. Just give me a couple of days.
    My husband says that I love ketchup and put it on everything (excluding hotdogs) because it's full of sugar. What's his point???

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad ya'll found a house; who knew you liked chicory coffee? You are not from Louisiana. My late best friend Duffle poured ketchup on EVERYTHING; one of my late unlamented ex-husbands called me Princess. I once had a Rabbit - bright yellow with a red and black racing stripe - one of several VWs I have owned; now I have a Passat, a sure sign of old age. I am so glad you still blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scribbler! I discovered chicory coffee in high school while I was on exchange at the Sacred Heart school in Grand Coteau, Louisiana. I also sampled mud bugs for the first time!! Have a great week.

      Delete
  18. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though DR. ZUMA who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa Zuma, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 4 days after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing DR. ZUMA gave to me from the ancient part of Africa herbal root, you can email him now for your own healing too at: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Maria Cooker.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts