Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, April 17, 2017

Mother's Day Accessories




Hello, dear friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and/or Passover.  My girls could not make it home, but the Mister and I managed to have a delightful weekend, anyway.

Speaking of the Mister, he left the house at 4 AM this morning so that he could get to the office before the streets were blocked off for the Marathon.   The runners lucked out with a beautiful, breezy day.  It almost makes me want to get out and run.  OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration.  But I am watching it on TV.

Mother's Day is just around the corner.  I love to shop for accessories.  Clothes - not so much.  Accessories don't shrink in your closet.  Here are some fun things that I found that you may want to buy for your Mom or even better, for yourself.  






Did you ever have a fishing creel basket purse?  I had one in the '80's and loved it.  Anytime I see a handbag like this it reminds me of the good old days when I was hot (in my mind) and carried a cool purse. 



Amazon
Kate Spade





Amazon
Kate Spade





Ted Baker


The Mister bought me a Ted Baker purse last year.  
I am a sucker for anything with a bow.






The Enchanted Home


If you don't need a purse, visit Tina's shop for beautiful home decor.





The Enchanted Home





Tory Burch





Amazon
Tory Burch

Amazon
Tory Burch







This weekender is on sale.
















This one is on sale too.






Nordstrom







Amazon
Kate Spade





Amazon
Michael Kors





Nordstrom





Nordstrom





Amazon
Kate Spade







Amazon
Kate Spade



Amazon 
Kate Spade








Tory Burch








J. McLaughlin




That's it for now.
I've got to take a nap.
That marathon really wore me out.





Until next time...








 


Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

25 comments:

  1. I never met a purse I did not like!! The hubs just got me a Georgia Tech( Dooney and Bourke) cross body to take to the games in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purses. They are my weakness. My latest love is Spartina 449.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love bags AND scarves....might have to grab that TB pink and green one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me want to run out and buy a new bag! And, the scarves are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love purses but am very picky. They must have at least two outside pockets and more than that on the inside. I carry everything but the kitchen sink. You picked some nice bags though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scarves and bags. I think I want to just shop for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love the J Mclaughin one! Almost bought it last week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are loads of fun! I especially love the different scarves. I'm a scarfy kind of woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well....they are all classic! Love them! However, for some time, my weakness is in shoes rather than handbags! I do love a monogram always....darling gift ideas Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, dear, I do love purses and saw a few that I may have to check out. And, I guess Mother's Day will be here before we know it. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really baffles me how people think running to the point of collapsing is any fun at all. But then again, they may not think handbags are nearly as exciting as we do! I have three vintage basket purses I love to carry in the summer, and they are so heavy, they double as a weapon if needed. I picked up a few little bags in the leather market when I was in Italy a few months ago, but somehow, you've found so many beauties, I may just need more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that creel pocketbook (that's New England for purse/handbag)! Never had one in the '80s. I must rectify that asap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being a self-proclaimed purse ho, I like most any chic bag, new, old or really, really old (as in my collection of mesh and/or beaded). I still have my wicker basket purse I needlepointed my initials on (beribboned and lined) from 5th grade - remember those? Love the KS stripe wallet, goes well with the MC totes. I have that pattern (but B&W, not sand) for my Surface Pro cover. Love them all, AND the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh be still my beating Kate Spade heart! So many temptations!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them all, but the creel purse stole my heart. I am going to hop on over and buy it right now!
    Happy Tuesday, Happy Life!
    Hugs,
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many pretty selections! I really need some new spring things!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  17. For the life of me I cannot understand how a human being can run 26 miles in just over two hours. On a bad day, my 3 miles seem like 26.
    Love all the handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Katie,

    Post Easter greetings. A couple posts back you featured a home for someone who loved horses. I have just the ticket---a friend of my brother's has the most beautiful horse farm in Kentucky for sale. It's called Paul's Mill and I look at it regularly not because I am in the market for a horse farm, but because it is just so beautiful----but certainly not in my budget.

    I love your hair length--it looks very good on you. Maybe I am just lusting for it since my hairdresser cut mine too short. Luckily hair grows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are always so hot and chic in our minds but yes accessories do make the wo...man! And I am going to have to use your line about the closet shrinking clothes in our upcoming closet post. I will give you full credit even tho it is a universal problem!-Laurel Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Katie! I'm such a bag lady and I'm quite fickle --I fall in love with them all so easily!! I love the Kate Spade and might need it. But I'm also drooling over the Shopper's Tote at Tiffany's in Pond Blue and you might like it too. NO marathoning for me. Can you imagine running all those miles and then coming upon Heartbreak Hill??? Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great accessories Katie. I gave my sister and daughter-in-law Kate Spade bags and they loved them. I love bags, have quite a few myself, a weakness! Love that last pic of the race with the sweet pup.....Hope you are enjoying the week...........

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore purses and scarves because they always fit!! In fact, my two gifts to myself from Italy were a beautiful new purse and a scarf!! Hugs to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just bought (myself!) a beautiful Brighton straw bag. I love it! It has the wallet built in which I didn't know if I'd like, but I do. My family likes it too, because I'm not always digging for something in 'The Black Hole' as my last purse was called. Happy Mother's Day to me : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want that one, and that one, oh, and THAT one! I think you get the picture, don't you, Katie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. May I simply say what a comfort to uncover somebody who genuinely understands what they are discussing over the internet. You definitely realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More people ought to look at this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you're not more popular given that you most certainly possess the gift. Must Check Gucci Bags
    Gucci Bags

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts