Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trade Days

McKinney has a lot to offer, but one of my favorite things to enjoy is Third Monday Trade Days.  It is held the weekend of the third Monday of the month. I don't know which is more entertaining:  the merchandise or the people.

The Mister and I put on our empty nester comfortable shoes and set out for our adventure of the day.  If you are lucky enough to be on our Christmas list we found some must-haves for our loved ones. 

A note to #1 and #2 - no Tory Burch this year under the tree.  I have two words for you: Trade Days.

 
Good bye autumn wreath... there's something new on our threshold!  We could have used this when the girls were in high school. 
 
 
 
 Lots of wrought iron and Texas stars. 
 
 Plenty of Halloween decorations. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Any one for some animal yard art? 
 
Chiminea and mexican pottery galore. 

 #1 would go crazy for these mason jars on a stem!
 
 No, #1, I did not get this for you.  Keep dreaming....
 
Got this for the Mister for Christmas... he is going to be so excited! 
 
 Couldn't resist treating myself.  Can't wait to wear it at the girls' Parents Weekends!  I can almost see the pride on their faces now...
 
They have everything... from sheets 
 
 
 
 
 to shoes!
 
door galore! 
 
 
 
Every color hairbow... 
 
 
and lots and lots of bracelets. 
 
  
Cock-a-doodle-doo
 
 
 
Shades of Ray
  
 Forget the honey... I want the hat!
 
 
 Something for everyone... even the golfer in the family! 
 
 
Antler fetish??? they got 'em!
 
 
Hellooooo Sista... 2 words... Merry Christmas! 
 
 Hope my tennis team isn't reading this because I ordered one of every breed for them.
 
 
Great desk ornament for the Mister. 
 
 
Can you spell T-E-X-A-S? 
 
If there is any doubt Texans don't have pride, come to Trade Days!  
 

Sweetest, cutest dogs... just hope they are healthy.  
 
 
Very sleepy group. 
 
 Hard to walk away from these beautiful eyes...
 
Here's a great gift for the person who has everything... chairs with a bucket under them.  For the person who loves to camp and appreciates the luxuries of home.
 
Told the Mister I was going to buy this so we could renew our vows right there at Trade Days with all our friends... 
 
They said they would be our witnesses if we decided to go ahead with the ceremony.  
 
 
The Mister got a big kick out of this one. 
 
 
What guy wouldn't be proud to put this on the front of his wheels?
 
 
Next time I am bringing Gypsy so she can have her portrait done.

 
Great selection of old books.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Perhaps a new hobby and wardrobe make over for the Mister and Me?


 
So that was our day at Trade Days.  If you live anywhere near Texas, I highly recommend it for a lovely and entertaining afternoon.
 
Hope your Thursday is as much fun as Trade Days!
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! They have a little bit of everything. The animals lying on their back with a beer bottle had me crying with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time on your blog--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR PICS! too funny post. also, fingers crossed this is where my bday presents are from ;)

    keep up the good work.
    also, peplum post - adore it. peplum+pencil is definitely the new trend!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts