Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Peplum & Pencils

My friend, Sally, spends her time being a stylist at Nordstrom when she's not kicking you-know-what on the tennis court.

At lunch last week, I asked Sally what the hottest trends are for the Fall.  Without a moment of hesitation, Sally said "peplum tops and pencil skirts." 

Again, I wasn't sure what "peplum" was... I knew what a pencil skirt looked like and even wore one or two in my time.  For the benefit of my Sista and me, I googled it.  Okay, I had no choice... my two college girls were at school studying their brains out (hopefully).

 pep·lum
[pep-luhm] Show IPA
noun, plural pep·lums, pep·la [-luh] Show IPA.
1.
a short full flounce or an extension of a garment below the waist, covering the hips.
2.
a short skirt attached to a bodice or jacket
 
 
So, without further adieu, I present peplum tops and pencil skirts. I did not choose any from Nordstrom because Sally said she might be able to have me visit her at work and take some photos. Maybe a "take your tennis buddy to work day."  I can only hope!


Love the cut of this dress.

Not sure about the color combo... but what do I know?

Love the feminine touch of the bow. 

If I had that waistline, I would get this top in every color!
 

Casual and elegant.

Gorgeous color.

Love the polkadots!
 
 

My #2 would love this skirt!

 
Preppy and cute.
 

Banana Republic
Great for the office if I had a job.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find that top you have posted under NY & Co. ?? I can't find it anywhere and LOVE it!
    Thanks! Cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine... got that top off google. I wrote that blog quite a while ago even tho I just published it. Another blog had it too. http://www.thebabyshopaholic.com/2012/03/when-mama-shops-again.html Wish I could help more!

      Delete
  2. I love tops like that (hides my tummy)
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your blog! Thanks so much for visiting mine (I fixed the hard-to-comment issue!)

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts