Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, January 5, 2024

The Friday Files

 



I hope that you had an enjoyable week.  It just whizzed by for me. I took care of a lot of errands and caught up on laundry and Bravo TV.

Today I am off to Dallas to have a facial and lunch with my #2.  She always gives me an experience for Christmas and my birthday, which I always look forward to. Saturday, I am meeting my buddy Paige and our friend Cynthia for lunch.  And Sunday, we are celebrating #1's birthday at lunch in Dallas

And on Monday, I will be back on my Factor regime.











Take a tour of this new-build where the Cotswolds meets Philadelphia.












Take a look at this interior designer's colorful home outside Boston.







Hillary Taylor brings luxury to this 100-acre Utah ranch.








Big congrats to Comet, who won the title in the AKC National Championship's Best in Show.




Do you use retinol?  I do.  This article answers the amount you should be using and the side effects.





Is anyone in your family looking for a job?  Here is a list of the 50 Best Places to Work.  You are not going to believe the benefits. 






This is a great story of The Last Lightkeeper in America







What does your American Girl Doll say about your decorating style?

My girls had Samantha and Kristen.

Click here.






Our #2 brought a loaf of her pumpkin bread on Christmas, and it was absolutely delish.  She got her recipe from Smitten Kitchen.









Several people asked me what was in the individual bowls on the Christmas Eve buffet; here is the recipe.  If I can make it, anybody can. 




Another fan favorite was the Rothschild Bean Dip. The Rothschild Raspberry Salsa has been missing in action for the last couple of years.  The Mister took a leap and tried this instead, and it tasted the same.

Keep these in mind for a Superbowl party.







One of my fabulous readers, Michael, dropped me a note and recommended The Holdovers to me.  We'll probably watch this over the weekend. 




We've been watching this show and loving it.




One of my favorite shows of all time comes back for their 4th Season on Sunday.







If you have been on Instagram lately, you know that I am partnering with Factor, a fabulous weekly subscription meal delivery service.  The Factor meals are designed by chefs and dieticians. Take it from me - the meals are nutritious and delicious.

 

Factor has many personalized plans, such as Protein Plus, Calorie Smart, and Keto.


The Factor meals are not frozen - they are fresh and delivered to your door. All you have to do is pop them in the fridge and microwave them when you are ready to enjoy.


A few of you have inquired why I would endorse a meal delivery service when I live with a former chef.  Well, believe it or not, the Mister doesn't cook during the week. I usually have a salad, and the Mister does his own thing. It usually involves a boatload of calories.


With Factor, I can eat a Calorie Smart meal while the Mister is more than satisfied with a meal from the Protein Plus menu. 

So everybody's happy. 


Lastly, Factor meals make a great gift.  I plan on gifting my #1 and Adorable Jonathon a few boxes when the baby arrives.  A friend texted me to say that she orders Factor meals before they travel.  That way, they don't have to worry about eating when they get back.


So here's the good news...


You can try Factor at 50% Off your first box plus freeWellness Shots included with my Code: PREPPY50.

All you have to do is click here.




      







   











































All cashmere is on sale!
Lots of pretty sweaters.










I bought this jacket on Saturday.
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Katie! Factor sounds great, I will check it out! That's funny the Mr. doesn't cook on weeknights~ I love recipes from Plain Chicken {where your dip came from} the recipes are always good and always so easy :) Enjoy all your luncheons!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a big kick out of the American Girl doll/decor link. I showed my daughter and we agree she is cottage core based on her beloved Felicity doll. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Beautiful homes and great finds! I've heard so much about All Creatures Great and Small but haven't watched yet. Enjoy your weekend!
    Cheers! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, happy weekend and happy New Year! Have fun at the spa and lunch!
    Love these houses!
    Factor sound very good, I have to look it up.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts