Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A Preppy Empty Nester Getaway






 Last weekend, the Mister and I snuck off for a little getaway in Mexico.  For once in our lives, we had perfect timing.  North Texas was experiencing bitter temps, and I couldn't get out of town soon enough.


Our driver picked us up on time.  You could set a clock by this guy. The Mister is our company's Director of Logistics. We arrived according to the Mister's schedule, three hours before flight time.



The next stop was the airline lounge, where the Mister likes to make himself comfortable and catch up on his zzz's. He looks like an angel when he sleeps, doesn't he?



 I would say 99.9% of the people traveling last week were sick.




I felt like a target of a whack-a-mole game.  Every thirty seconds, someone would sneeze, cough, or blow their nose. The Mister and I would douse ourselves with hand sanitizer and proceed to guess the culprit.  Covid? RSV? Flu? Bird Flu? Common Cold?  And then we attempt to calm our fears and say in unison it's probably allergies.

It looked like our customary sombrero wasn't the only thing we would be bringing home as a souvenir.




Every time we would hear a sneeze from a fellow cabinmate, we popped one of these.  I think it worked because we are six days out, and we have yet to detect a sniffle.



We also added some protective wear, which I don't recommend unless you want to spend an extra hour with some shady characters claiming to be with the TSA.




Before we knew it, we were back in Paradise, otherwise known as Las Ventanas al Paraiso, in Los Cabos, Mexico, for our second visit.


Viva la Mexico!!




The Mister booked us in the residences. It worked out well because the hotel was very crowded with weddings and bachelorette weekends.

We had lots of room, and the unit had a full kitchen, which we never used but was nice to have.


We were greeted every day with fresh tarts.
I know there is a joke in there somewhere.





We had two patios in case the Mister and I didn't see eye to eye. 



The best part was that the residences had very few occupants.  It was very quiet, and we had this pool to ourselves. 
 It was pure heaven.



Btw... I took my new travel makeup mirror with me, and it worked out perfectly.  It gave me so much more light than the one that came with the unit.



The first night there were fireworks.  I'm assuming that they were celebrating Preppy Empty Nester in the building. I haven't heard otherwise.



Here I am at our own personal pool that came with a full staff. The last time I wore this coverup, I got a lot of inquiries.  It is from Rock Flower Paper which is my go-to site for everything from gift bags to coverups.


This is another one supplied by RFP





We dined at all of the restaurants, and the food was very good and the ambiance even better.



The jaws of life surgically removed us from our chaise lounges so we could venture out to Flora Farms, which is a farm-to-table restaurant.  I'm wearing another favorite of mine from Rock Paper Flower.

 

The food was great!



Adios Las Ventanas al Paraiso!.  




There was a minor mixup with the Mexican government, but that's a story for another day.






Great news!
My code has been extended!


 I still have a code for 50% off your first box of Factor, which includes free Wellness Shots. 
Click here to peruse all the delicious meals and meal plans. 
Don't forget to use my Code: Preppy50 

It makes great gifts for a pregnant couple, newlyweds, 
someone recovering from surgery, or someone you want to spoil!




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!
    We have also been to Las Ventanas🤩 your coverup are adorable! I can see the top of your swimsuit … is it also from RPF or do you have a good source?
    Thanks
    Nancy (from Boston )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I can help because I have the same suit; it’s L.L.Bean. Now I have a question… Katie, where did you get that darling phone cover? So cute! Jo

      Delete
    2. Thank you!🥰

      Delete
  2. That looks like a fabulous trip and I am so glad you were able to avoid getting sick! (My husband and I did not on our trip.. where I was literally sneezed and coughed on. UGH!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun getaway for the soon to be Grandpa and Grandma (can't wait to hear what the little one will call y'all.) Always such fun to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First timer. I love your sense of humor. Thank you. Your vacation looked grand. We are home with new renovations starting and won't go anywhere for a while.The 23 reading list is great. Would love to send you my published memoir. If you like it, maybe I will make the 24 list. Either way, I am sticking with your blog. I like you already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie! Looks like a great time. We are going this fall and staying nearby in Chileno Bay.
    Love Rock Paper Flower - we used to carry their gorgeous trays and their scarves and coverups in my shop! We both have such good taste... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a great place to escape to Katie! Enjoyed reading this as per usual!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing trip! I want to get over to Cabo sometime soon. I'm going to add those Hall's drops to my cart, because the kids and I all came back from our trip to the beach with a cold. I'm sure it was from the plane ride coming home! Hope you have a good week! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a glorious getaway!! I’m certain that Vicki wishes she was there 😉. So glad that you and The Mister enjoyed your time in paradise!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Paige
    That south-of-the-border sunshine and warm weather look terrific! We flew recently and I know what you mean about germs - we wore high quality masks and never took them off while on the flying tin can germ-mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie- this looks like a wonderful respite- perfect timing - perfect location - perfect partner in crime to enjoy! Glad it worked out u sunshine goddess 😎. Your sudbury sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful trip and location! I am curious about travelling there but have safety concerns. Did you encounter any issues with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the hotel picks us up at the airport in a massive SUV. We travel on a major highway to get to the hotel which has a huge gate and 2-4 guards. We did however, cancelled our trip to San Miguel a couple of years ago because the violence was in the area. I am the biggest scaredy-cat in the world. We wouldn't take any chances.

      Delete
    2. Oh this is reassuring and makes me feel better, thank you! I can probably one up you on the scaredy-cat!! Have you heard anything about La Paz? That’s one spot we were looking at too.

      Delete
  12. The pearl necklace is exquisite. Can you share the source?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a strand of pearls which are faux because I use a lot of lotion on vaca. There is an additional chain with a monogram pendant. I will be talking about on Friday so stay tuned.

      Delete
  13. What a fabulous trip Katie! The resort where you stayed is gorgeous! So glad you didn't get sick~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looked to be a heavenly vacation, escaping that helluva week most of us had weatherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you had a nice getaway with the Mister! It does the heart good to go somewhere warm and sunny when the weather is cold and miserable like it is here in Chi town. I love you in that blue dress you wore when you were pried from your chaise. Will have to see if rfp has online shopping! Looking forward to hearing more about your signature pendant… KTG

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great time to get away and it looks like you enjoyed it very well! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts