Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, December 9, 2022

Gadgets and Gizmos Gift Guide

 




I hope that you had a good week.  Have you finished your holiday shopping?  Mine is done.  I have to pick up a few more things for myself, and I'll be able to call it a day.


Did you watch Harry and Meghan?  I enjoyed learning more about Meghan's childhood and the royal romance through their own words.  What did you think?  I'm dying to know.  Leave your thoughts in the comments.  
The Mister loves gadgets and gizmos and contributed some of his ideas to this post.  I am confident that you will be able to decipher the Mister's items. 

There are some things on this post that I own and some that I don't. As for the products that I don't own, I only post items with four-star ratings and up.  I also skim the reviews.  



Here are one of many of the Mister's gadgets. 

He received 5 stars for me for this one. 

Have you ever been halfway to your destination and suddenly realized you may not have closed the garage door?  This is the story of my life.  This little beauty of a contraption hooks wifi up to your garage.  No need to go home.  You can check the door's status and then close it via your phone.  

Wait, it gets better... you can also hook it up with Amazon key and have your packages put safely in the garage.

Even better... it's less than $30 buckaroos.

The Mister installed it in 15 minutes with not a curse word uttered.

This would make a great gift for older people like the Mister.


 

 Amazon 

Rechargeable lighter. 




 The Mister bought this one for me because I am in charge of lighting the candles when we entertain. 

It's not easy being me.




The Mister likes to buy things like this for himself rather than tell his poor wife, who pulls her hair out trying to come up with gift ideas for him.
Anyway, this is some kind of GPS thing for golf.
He must get lost a lot on the golf course.


 


Keychain flashlights. 
I told you he was an Eagle Scout.

  



Great chargers that are featured in almost every room and suitcase in our house.

This ultra-thin charger is the perfect gift for the kid that's phone is always out of juice.

 

Amazon

I told you the Mister loves chargers.

 


Men's grooming kit.
A good stocking stuffer for a hairy nephew.



 

 
You might want to add this to the hairy nephew's pile.
That way, he might not be nearly insulted by the groomer's kit.





 Amazon

16 tools in one.

Any guesses about who put this on?


 



Another flashlight with thousands of accessories.
Did I mention that he was an Eagle Scout?




 

 



For the early morning or night runner.
Music and light!



 



The Mister has been carrying one of these for years. 
He doesn't like the bulk of keys in his pocket.
 




Magnetic measuring spoons



Amazon

For the person that doesn't appreciate lukewarm coffee.


Amazon

Magnetic golf towel.

 




Our #2 loves her Coffee/Espresso machine.
Adios $tarbuck$!





8-in-1 kitchen tool set.
Cute idea for someone moving into their first apartment.






Great stocking stuffer for women over 55.
Not that I know any women that old.







Fruit and vegetable washing machine.



5-in-1 grill spatula



Not only does this little beauty keep your water cold, but it is also self-cleaning.



I wish I could say the same for Chowdah.  




This is the creme de la creme of coolers.
25 qt capacity for up to 32 cans, non-slip top that functions wonderfully as a table, and a triple-threat storage divider/cutting board/bottle opener.






Auto-tracking smartphone tracker and tripod.





If you have any questions, direct them to the Mister.





The perfect stocking stuffer for anyone who gets within three-feet of an oven or, in Jay Leno's case, an antique car.




The Mister has one of these scales that measures just about everything you don't want to know.

This is a great gift for someone who has high hopes and strong resolutions for 2023. 






Perfect gift for the person who could use a bit of extra room for her glass of wine.
 



Great reviews on this headache mask.
* Do not operate moving vehicles while wearing.





The company also makes these ice packs for injuries.
Great for the husband who has a multitude of aches and pains.





For the person who likes to fall asleep listening to heavy metal.





This device targets eye strain and migraines.
I have problems with both, so I may try it.
Great reviews.






I include this little doohickey in a gift guide every year, and it sells like hotcakes. 







Kelvin is also a big seller.
17-in-1 tools.







This is compact tire inflator is new to the Mister's arsenal.
He bought one for both of our cars, and fits into the glove compartment.




Great gift for the kid that gets a new car.


This is definitely not on a new homeowner's wishlist.
But it will be the most appreciated gift when he/she cuts a finger.




A portable Bluetooth label maker is the perfect gift for the person who strives to be organized in the new year.
My #1 got one last year, and the only thing not labeled in her pad is Adorable Jonathan.








Great stocking stuffer for the fellow office worker whose keyboard looks like a petri dish.



For the traveler...



BYOS
Bring your own shelf!
You will be the envy of your fellow passengers.
If you are in the middle seat, ask the guy in the window seat to hold it for you during the flight.




A cooling, adjustable travel pillow for the tired traveler.




After unloading my unmentionables at DFW in an attempt to rearrange things so that my bag would make the weight limit, we bought this bag scale.

No more embarrassing scenes at the airport.




Does your boss get hot under the collar?
This portable fan may be just the ticket to keep the pink slips away.




This little ball can clean all of your bags.
Great reviews.





You've heard me singing the praises of the airtag.



Did you know that you can attach one to your pet?


Maybe not all pets, but you never know.



Does someone you know like to multitask?
They will love to brush as well as floss in one step.


I'm guilty of not washing my makeup brushes as much as I should.


The perfect gift for the bride-to-be.
Also great for eyeglasses.
Don't forget the solution!

I own this exfoliator/peach fuzz remover, and it does a great job.




I also have one of these rotating makeup brushes, and I love it.






Great stocking stuffer for the person with sloppy sink syndrome.






And throw this sanitizer in for good measure.


I bought this for a certain family member who snores like a congested walrus and gives his beautiful, younger-than-Springtime bride dark circles under her baby blues.






The minute your party guests enter the door, ask them to put on a pair of these.  When they leave, your house will be cleaner than ever.



Need some hostess gift inspo?
You can find it here and here.
Need some gift ideas for the cook in your life?
Click here.
How about the Millennial in your life?
Or your Bestie?
You can find my most popular Amazon products sold through the blog here.








Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

63 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous gift guide. You've thought of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, don’t seem to be able to use my name, which is Helen. Speaking as a ‘Brit’ I am saddened beyond belief at how this couple are attacking the monarchy. I am sure there are rights and wrongs on both sides but she chose to marry into his family and to now complain and twist the facts and do so in such a public way is astonishing. The general view here seems to be that if they are so disenchanted with the Royal Family, they should drop their use of titles and pursue their private lives, earning their living in a way that is not constantly making money from their royal connections. Far from her version of events, there was a very positive response to their engagement and subsequent marriage. The public only began to turn against them when their constant complaining and misrepresenting of the facts and events became so very tiresome and unpleasant…..nothing to do with race! It was, and is, disrespectful to the Queen who served her country to the best of her ability for so long. I’m afraid many of us feel that America is welcome to them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm American and agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. I was totally on team Meghan when their engagement was announced and rejoiced at her joining the family. It would appear that she had ulterior motives and I'm glad (sadly) that the Queen is not alive to see this slam (that curtsey bit was cringe-worthy!) on her 70 years of service to her country. Hopefully this Netflix airing has given the dastardly duo enough rope to hang themselves and they'll disappear from our sight.

      Delete

    2. Helen and Lisa... Thank you for you thoughtful comments. I was in the middle of the road during the first half of the interview. But then she curtsied and lost me entirely. You could tell that even Harry was uncomfortable with the demonstration. I'm pretty sure that they thought that this astronomical production would turn the public's view around for them. Obviously, by all the press today, it did turn around but in the other direction. I'm interested in seeing where they go from here.

      Delete
  3. We love our KeySmarts and I added a few things from this list to my Amazon cart. No, I did not watch, I think it's appalling to air your dirty laundry in public the way they have done, and a disgrace to the late Queen's memory. I saw a blog post where they were referred to as Ginge and Cringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pamela... it is always great to hear from you. It will be hard to get the phrase Ginge and Cringe out of my head. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Helen from Great Britain. I think Megan is very spoiled and has the "Hollywood" mentality in that she is used to getting her own way no matter what. She knew what she was getting into when she married into a royal family. The fact that she has done nothing but complain about all that has been given to her and done for her, shows her lack of social graces, manners, and common sense. I always thought she married into the royal family for the prestige and for the money; at least that is how she has come across. She has shown the United States in a bad way and has shown disrespect for the late Queen and her family, and for country. Harry has always been the wild one that likes to push the buttons, flaunt the rules and values of his family and country, and enjoys being the rebel, as if that is a badge of honor. He has never shown any gratitude of how lucky he is and has been to be a part of the royal family. Throwing money to a charity or two doesn't make him/her a respectable person. Their everyday actions are what count, and from my perspective all the two of them can do is complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great comment. I've got two words for them: Olivia Pope. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. I think the whole documentary is sad on all counts, but no, I did not watch it.
    Love this list you've posted. Fabulous ideas. Wish I were married to a techie! My husband and I are basically clueless, but we're learning. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I identify with the techie comment. You should see my two girls imitating me at the computer and texting. It's not pretty. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Love the gift guide, but don't plan to watch the Harry and Meghan documentary either. Really don't like her, and for someone who supposedly didn't like all of the press attention she received, she has chosen to keep herself (and Harry) in the spotlight quite a bit. I kind of feel sorry for him actually - think the estrangement was totally driven by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. They whine about not having any privacy and yet they are spilling their guts on Netflix. Thank you so much for your comment and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  7. Sing it Helen, I wish those two would go away!
    I enjoyed reading your witty commentary Katie, you are so entertaining! I'd be glued to a documentary you star in but as for Harry and Meghan, not so much!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always Kellyann for your kind words. A better documentary would by my two girls mocking me! Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  8. Love your blog! I use your Amazon lists way too much...lol.
    I liked MM when she first started dating Harry. I thought their wedding was spectacular.
    But I've slowly realized that MM is a vicious woman who is bent on revenge against the Royal Family. I now strongly dislike her and feel she has manipulated Harry from the beginning. I'm actually shocked that everyone can't see her agenda. Her distain for the Royal Family is off the charts. She has no scruples and will twist the truth whenever possible or just blatantly lie. I won't watch the Netflix 'documentary'.
    MM is a narcissist and Harry is not the brightest blub on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After watching all the news shows today it seemed like many commentators kind of gave Harry a pass and they concentrated the negative energy towards MM.They probably agreed with the brightest bulb comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  9. Those two juvenile nincompoops were paid $100M for this? Netflix got screwed. I hope this is the last we see of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Netflix will realize that they got played next Thursday when they see the audience drop. Btw... nincompoop is one of my favorite words and not used enough! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  10. I’m sorry to hear you’re watching the Netflix travesty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see quite a few things on here that we already own! We love those magnetic measuring spoon and my husband is a tool and gadget guy... .and I agree with all of the above comments about H&M; I haven't watched the documentary and I don't plan to. They really rub me the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas Katie, thank you! Harry and Meghan make me gag 😝

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love YOU but I can't say a kind word about Meghan. I'd rather eat a toad than watch anything about those two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not impressed at all with M and H. I am immpressed with your gift guide; I'm almost done with my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. she totally embarrassed Harry with her fake "bow" - what a disgrace she is. I can't believe Netflix left that in. Poor Queen Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Helen from Great Britain. Meghan is the evil one and poor Harry ( not the brightest bulb). has been horribly manipulated! Why does anyone think Meghan has the right to create her own truth and not the truth?!? She wants to burn it all down!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL at the shoe dusters!! So many fun things to go back and check out!! I didn't watch the interview with Harry and Megan. Have a great weekend, Katie. Loved my visit here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your comments on the items in the gift guide. You really brought a smile to my face and made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Came straight to the comments (don’t worry, I’ll browse your post shortly)! Looks like everyone agrees, for a couple wanting to escape the public eye, they managed to enter every living room in the world! Won’t waste my time watching those two, I’ll stick with William and Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree on MM. I gave her the benefit of the doubt when they got engaged, but she proved me wrong with her bad behavior. Once an actress always an actress.

    Love your blog. Please keep up the blogging for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the technology doesn't get too complicated, I will keep on keeping on. Thanks for your comment. As you can see, you are definitely in the majority.

      Delete
  21. Oh girlfriend, I just added 5 of these things to my cart and appreciate the shopping help. I have a new daughter-in-law this year and she'd be friends with your #1 and #2 so your ideas are perfect. Thank you and Merry - Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Katie, I was hoping the Mister had a recommendation for a wallet for a millennial young man. Please let me know if he has any suggestions! Love all your help with the shopping ideas!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold tight, Laurie. He's working out right now and he will probably be a while cuz I asked him to work out for me too. A couple of questions... back pocket or side pocket? Into labels or not so much?

      Delete
  23. I’m assuming you don’t know much about Harry and Meghan or the royal family. A lot of what they say is not true and I was extremely upset in the way she laughed and made fun of her first curtsy to the queen. It was very disrespectful. I will not be watching this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your assumption is correct. Thanks for your comment and I hope you have a great week.

      Delete
  24. I lived in England for several years and love everything about it. I keep up with friends there and their perspective, rightly so, is that Meghan is (typically) American and is leading Harry around showing that Harry is NOT as they say, " the brightest bulb". Unfortunately, we also gave them Wallis but the English were very fortunate as all of Western Europe and the US to have the reign turned over to King George Vl and the late great Queen since Edward and Wallis turned out to be Nazi sympathizers and perhaps in Wallis's case a Nazi spy. If that hadn't happened, we may have been in a totally different world today. Meghan knows what she is doing and the British who I know are happy this couple is in the US. One can't feel sorry for Harry as he has chosen his path. One can feel sorry for the Queen and Prince Phillip as they had to endure these two at the end of their otherwise remarkable lives. Many English are waiting to see what King Charles does and they hope he takes a firm stand against the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a very wise woman told me, you made your bed now lie in it. I think that's a great title for Harry's next book. Thanks for commenting and have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  25. Harry & Megan? No one cares about their privileged life. They make money at every turn through the monarchy. I find them disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same sentiment. Have a great week and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  26. Please tell me you bought me the BIOS shelf for. Christmas!!!! You helped me with a lot of stocking stuffers! Can’t wait to have y’all over to the new kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw that handy-dandy shelf I thought of you! Can't wait to see your new kitchen! xx

      Delete
  27. Annie G here, I have that jar opener, I love it. I am definitely getting a tag for Sassy. She is still escaping! Love Chow's hat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about the jar opener, dear Annie. I look forward to chatting over the holidays! xx

      Delete
  28. Lots of good gadgets - thank you!
    Harry & Meghan: I think that Harry has suffered a lot of trauma in his Royal life - and from what I have seen in tabloids since he was a teen, he's always been a bit of a rebel (why not, he'll never be king). Along comes smart, sharp Northwestern-grad Meghan (who also has media smarts and Hollywood connections like Oprah), and she sees Harry's deep and deeply buried trauma, and she wants to help him work through it (she has some ideas on how to do this and apparently he is on board) - and in doing so he and Meghan spill a lot of messy royal beans, which isn't going to sit well with the Royals and their admirers. When they were first engaged, British friends told me that Meghan has three strikes against her: she is American, black and from a middle-class family. They said that she will be "crucified" by the British who are quite conservative, especially the Royals and admirers of the Royals. Yes, I would consider anybody who openly worried about the color of Harry and Meghan's baby's skin to be conservative. To Harry and Meghan I say, "You be you" - but the consequences of one's actions are sometimes unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I remember when Harry was a live wire and featured in the tabloids every other day. I just kept thinking I'm glad he's not my kid. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday.

      Delete
    2. @ Anonymous 11:53: Thank you for giving an unbiased response to this highly visible monarch - marriage - family situation. Its so complicated that all affected participants are unsure how to move forward in kindness and grace.

      Delete
  29. Love the gift guide, but a HUGE no on H & M...Tacky, but I gave it a thumbs down without watching. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. First -I watched the link to SNL. Hysterical. Those two are a perfect pair! I also ordered one of the games you mentioned and ogled several other items to pick up. Thanks for the inspiration and have a wonderful Christmas with your family! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  31. No one with any decency would trash their in-laws in such a public way. I have lost all respect for Megan and for Harry who goes along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Did not watch Harry and Megan rubbish! No respect for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your article has given me some fantastic ideas for gifts, and I'm sure I'll be referencing it as I do my holiday shopping this year. I could tell that you genuinely enjoy exploring these gadgets. Thanks for sharing your expertise and making my gift-buying process a whole lot easier. Looking forward to more great content from you!
    Are you stuck in a finance assignment? Need help in understanding the concepts of finance? Are you looking for a reliable source to complete your finance assignment? Well, look no further as we provide the best finance assignment help. Our team comprises of experienced professionals who have a deep understanding of the concepts of finance and can provide top-notch assistance in a timely manner. We understand the importance of time and guarantee to deliver the assignments within the given deadline. With our finance assignment help, you can get assistance on various topics such as financial analysis, tax accounting, capital budgeting, risk management, financial statements, derivatives, corporate finance and much more. So, if you are looking for a reliable finance assignment help provider, then connect with us today and get the best solution for all your finance related tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Discover wallet friendly spy devices that won't break the bank. Find the perfect covert gadgets from Wallet Friendly Spy Devices. Choose from a wide selection of affordable options for all your surveillance needs. Shop now and unleash your inner spy.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts