Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, November 25, 2022

Hot Gifts for the Cool Chef


 


Happy Black Friday!  How was your Thanksgiving?  Ours was wonderful, and I will give you the full lowdown next week.  I need to get my photos organized and also get a recipe for the best side dish the Mister has ever made.  







Here are some sneak peeks.

I asked the Mister to put together some fun gifts for the person who loves to cook.  I may have added a few, and you will probably figure out my additions.  



The Mister uses his sous vide at least once a month.





A must with sous vide.



 Even though the Mister has a bazillion thermometers, this one is on his wishlist.


His other favorite things include chargers, flashlights, and light bulbs.


This was his favorite gift a few years ago.  He keeps it in his nightstand in case of emergency.

Have I mentioned that he was is an Eagle Scout?

Once an Eagle Scout always an Eagle Scout.





Taking cheese grating to the cool zone.



 

A peeler taken up a notch.



 

True confessions:  I had never heard of a mandoline until I married the Mister.




He goes through cans of this stuff.














The Mister never measures anything.
However, he had to have this nifty gadget.

 


This is heavy but does a bang-up job.



 




 

We have these knives and like them very much.




The Mister is a stickler for sharp knives.



 

Our paella pan in our last house was so big that we had to store it in the garage.  We donated it when we moved, and the Mister replaced it with this one. 

 





 



Great reviews on Ina's new book.




The Great British Baking Show Stud just released a cookbook.



 
 




Not a clue what the last one is all about.





 

You might want to include a bottle of Listerine in their stocking.








Great reviews on this rapid egg cooker.









The Mister's fave.





 

Pepper mill and spice grinder 
  Another true confession: I had to look up what it was.




 
 
We've had these for a couple of years, and they still look good and work great.
That is more than I can say for myself.




This will keep buttah soft and spreadable for 3-5 days without refrigeration.
I have never seen any form of buttah last more than a couple of hours around the Mister.


Exhibit A
I snapped this quickly while he was at the fridge grabbing another pound of you-know-what.

Exhibit B
15 minutes later.


 
Amazon

This is a new one to me... a heated butter knife.





For the cook that needs more spice in their life.





Brie baker




Creme brulee kit for the cook who wants to impress.
By the way... the Mister made that fabulous side dish that I mentioned with the ramekins and the almighty torch.  More deets next week.




The Mister loves his grilling trays!



He likes this too.



The Grand Grill Daddy.
Does it shock you that our 3-year-old grill looks brand new?
 










I have these and love them.





Safety first!





I put this into the Mister's stocking last year, and it was a hit.








Microwave cleaner




Baking soda holder for stinky fridges.

















A tabletop crumb sweeper for the Grandmother who has frequent houseguests under the age of 5.




Say goodbye to brown guacamole!





For the chef with tired arms.



Give the chef one of these and tell him/her to figure out what it's for.

If you need hostess gift inspiration, you can find it here and here













Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

11 comments:

  1. I had to look up several of these items, too! LOL! Who knew they made so many of these gadgets?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Day after Thanksgiving! So many familiar gadgets! My husband is not a chef like the Mr. but he is a self taught cook and we have many of these things already. I do see one or two I can add to my husbands list. Have a wonderful weekend Katie.
    Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and daughter-in-law have the egg cooker and use it all the time!!
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the egg cooker and it is great! Going to look at a few things I would probably never use but wouldn't it be fun to have them!! LOL Happy weekend, Katie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these kitchen gadgets look so fun, but, not sure if I would them very often. I have often wondered if your husband is a professional chef. His food looks amazing! Thanks for these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas. I think I'll spring for a couple! Creme brulee.....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas, thanks! Please share what the appetizer is on the long skinny board - love the presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Katie, lots of great suggestions, I definitely going to order the olive oil sprayer for my chef. I'm looking forward to the best side dish ever recipe!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to look up a few of these things myself. I am fortunate to have my youngest and family close by. He's become the Grill Master and I know he'll appreciate a few of these things under the Christmas tree. Tell the Mister thank you from a faithful fan. 😊
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three cheers for husbands who cook! Never knew I needed that tiny powdered sugar duster! Love that salt too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the gift ideas and I keep going back to your green plates - are they dinner plates or chargers? Do you have a link for those?

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts