Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Pillow Talk

 



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that this post finds you well.  Like most of the country, we have been dealing with some erratic weather patterns.  Can you tell that I have been listening to the weather channel?  I'm even talking like them.


Last Friday, I put together a small lunch for several ladies in the 'hood.  It was so much fun getting to know them.  They must have enjoyed themselves as well because we will all take turns hosting a monthly ladies' happy hour.  The first one is on Friday.  And the best part... I'm not hosting.


Meanwhile, we had some friends over on Saturday night for a little impromptu get-together.



The Mister spiced up the skewers with a slice of pepperoni.





The Mister's brie en croute is always a crowd favorite. 



Our girl spent the day at camp that day, so she was exhausted, which equals well-behaved in our book.







When we bought this house, I had a vision for the great room.  I knew that I wanted neutral sofas so that I could change the look of the room by changing out the pillows.  

  I need to find some new pillows for the patio, so I decided to take you along for the ride.  Hope you are wearing comfy shoes.

When we first moved in, I bought a lot of my pillow covers from Etsy.  I am a big fan - the sellers have always been professional, easy to contact, and a pleasure to do business with.  










ElemenOPillows






















Indigo Bliss Boutique














Love this color combo.










Amazon








Amazon

Great deal!



Another great deal!















Sooooo pretty.















Amazon







Sew Susie Designs







Trendy Nest


This website features some gorgeous pillow covers.








Be still my heart.
Love the checks.
Great price too.

















LOVE!!!




I bought all of my inserts here, and I was very impressed.




Another fun thing I like to do is buy needlepoint pillows and tell everyone that I made them.
I trust my secret is safe with you.


Until next time...





Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

27 comments:

  1. Your living room is incredible! Love the layers of color! And your pillow picks are so fun! Love the bold bright choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it, I'm selling my house and moving to your neighborhood. Monthly happy hours sound fabulous!
    Loving all of the pillows, my gosh I want so many of them!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous pillows - I want them ALL! And speaking of gorgeous - your home looks stunning! I love the colors you used...all so bright and cheerful! Enjoy your week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pillow forms from Ikea but the size selection is limited. Get a pillow that is a little bigger than your case for extra fill and firmness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have the monthly happy hour. The Mister's appetizers look so good and yummy! He should start a food blog as it would be a big hit! I like all of the pretty pillows you have shared. I hope you have a nice week and have fun on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have found a wonderful neighborhood! Love all your pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so beautiful with their own vibe. I don't think I could pick a favorite set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love a food blog from the Mister. Look forward to your blog every week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pillows are gorgeous!! Expensive...but gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I think I need everyone of those pillows. You have such good taste. Sounds like you are getting to know folks in the hood! Not surprised. We by the way have a monthly neighborhood get together for the ladies. We call it the Wine Down. I have hosted and noticed something that happens every time. The hostess puts out delicious hors d’ oeuvres and no one touches them. It’s a younger (than me) crowd around here and they are all watching their weight!
    This weather is driving me crazy too. Stay warm! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy seeing your home and the fun color combos you use. Take a look at the pillows using the Lee Jofa Bunny Hutch Print. They are adorable for spring.
    Lastly I have a question...when you entertain and The Mister make such fantastic appetizers...how long do you wait to then serve dinner, or are these great looking appetizers in place of dinner? I'm asking, because when I make a lot of substantial predinner foods, my guests say they are full and really can't eat much for dinner. Personally, my favorite dinner foods would be appetizers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am moving my furniture around. I used to have the couches across from each other and during Covid somehow we made them into an L and it's bugging me. We have two club chairs due in Mayish but now I wish I ordered fabric. I pinned your great room. I love the styled shelves. Will you get some closeups for a future post. Oh miss katie- your guess about my ten truths and a lie was a truth! Stay tuned. I might make my responses future posts. Of course my sister thinks there are two lies, but I have to refer to the list! xo xo Yes, I met Paula at Haven and she was just the sweetest. What is so amazing was we exchanged emails two weeks before she died and she was sharing these stories and I never would have expected from her southern sweet drawl! I signed every comment with Elliott and Chloe say hi to Sherman! Great post. I just pinned that green and navy bedroom from your earlier post! xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. ordered two pillow covers. #7 they are on sale too. great list Katie, I pinned to revisit. xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a pillow lover myself, and have closets full that I am constantly changing out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love everything about your living room, it's lovely. Your group sounds like fun, I'm sure Friday will be a great way to begin the weekend. Your girl just keeps growing so fast! Lots of choices for pillows, all I can say is I didn't see anything I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katie, your great room is beautiful. It is traditional, but still fun. Oh my all of the pillows you have shown are fabulous. I love changing out pillows for a different look. Mister’s food looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I won't tell a soul!! You have shared a very nice selection! Always fun! Nice to have a monthly get-together with new friends! Hubby's food looks delicious!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. That chef man of yours kills me with his "impromptu" menu!!!!! That would have taken most of us hours to prepare!! YUM.
    I was just getting ready to hit the send button on two new RED rocking chairs for my back porch re-do...until I just saw those orange and navy pillows!!! My other chairs are gray and navy so now I'm thinking I may just have to go with ORANGE rocking chairs just so I can have those orange/navy pillows!!!! I guess you've 'influenced' me...hahahaha
    I just think orange would be so happy out there. And different! Will let you know...

    ReplyDelete
  19. The food looks so yum! You have picked some fabulous pillow covers.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many beautiful pillows. I love spring colors and I am ready to lighten everything up. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. Monthly happy hours sounds fine to me, let us know what kinds of cocktails were served. I love a fruity cocktail. As for all of these AMAZING pillows. I want them all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katie what a great roundup. I have been on the hunt as well. You found some sources I did not. I am on the hunt for brown (obviously not a popular color for outdoor pillows). I was hoping not to have to have them made. So far no luck will click on some of your sources!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great job you have done decorating your lovely new great room! Thanks for all of the great pillow links! Now I have some places to hunt because I am always wishing I could find really cute pillows! They are just so hard to find in the home decor stores, especially if you want a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all awesome selections. I'm pinning this one. Thanks for doing the legwork for me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE ENOUGH HERE?
    I WOULD GUESS YOU WILL GO WITH BLUE?
    HEAD OVER TO THE BLOG FOR A MONOGRAM CAFTAN TO WEAR TO THOSE COCKTAIL EVES!!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts