Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 22, 2019

The Friday Files



Hello, dear friends.  It is a rainy day here on the South Shore of Massachusetts.  I've got two sleepy dogs that refuse to get up and go out.  

The Mister took the day off.  I have a feeling that we will be giving Netflix a lot of our attention.

Here are a few things that have caught my eye this week.











Take a tour of this beautiful home owned by designer Danielle Rollins home in Atlanta.


*****







This photographer's Long Island Retreat makes my heart go pitter-patter.








If you're looking for Springtime tabletop inspiration, you can find it right here.


*****




Are you thinking of updating your kitchen? Here are some ideas that are worth the money.


*****



Are your bookshelves boring you to tears?
Have I got a site for you!!!








If you love eggs, why not take them up a notch?
Click here.


*****






You can find 30 mouth-watering Weight Watchers Dinner recipes right here.







No blogs today, just a youtube star.  Whenever I am procrastinating about tackling a boring task, I skip over to youtube and watch one of Dominique Sachse's videos.  I then head to Ulta and buy everything that Dominque is using with the hopes of looking like her.  Unfortunately, my hopes and wishes are in vain. 

If you want to look ten years younger tune in here.





Has your dog's personality changed?  I know of one pooch that has gone from crackers to downright cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  (Mrs. B saying).   Here's an article about how a dog's personality can change over time. 




And we thought her brother was the nutcase!

*****




And if you're a cat person, you're going to love this story.


*****



A reader emailed me to ask me if I had any ideas on what to get her niece who just bought her first house.  I recommended this dynamic duo.  I would love to hear your suggestions.

*****


Amazon

Btw... have you heard of the Datacolor Color Reader?  If you have anxiety about choosing paint colors like me, this little attachment and app are made for you.  It should save you some bucks too.


How It Works

Find the perfect color in just 3 Steps:
Step 1 – Place the ColorReader lens against surface
Step 2 - Press the “Read” button in the mobile app to measure a color
Step 3 – Check the app for the top 3 paint color matches including paint name and number  

*****



Here's an article about ten things no one tells the Mother of the Bride.  

I've been doing a lot of research lately.  One of the things I read on one site advised the MOB to go light on the chardonnay.

Needless to say, I skipped the rest of the advice.
*****


Redbubble

I finally got a phone case for my new phone.  I ordered it from Redbubble and got it in three days. 

*****


Would you like to learn a new language for free?
There's an app for that.


*****



I used to make the Mister call me every morning when he made it safely to work.

Now, I just check this app on my phone.

*****


The Mister and I just finished watching two seasons of Striking Out, an Irish legal drama.  We both enjoyed it.


*****


I want one of these for my birthday.

*****


Amazon

Just started listening to this on Audible.  
So far, so good.
I'll keep you posted.




Until next time...







Somebody likes his sister's bed better than his own.


Linking up with:
Friday Favorites
Friday Features
Friday at the Firestation 
Anna Nuttall Link Up
High Five for Friday
Sweet Inspiration
What's Up Weekend
Friday Favorites
Best of the Weekend

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

22 comments:

  1. You do the best Friday Files. A little of everything! I, too, am crazy for Dominique. It's no surprise that she's on TV; her videos are excellent. Without knowing it, you encouraged me to join a book club and I love it. I have no daughters (3 sons) so it's fun to get the MOB details and stories. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Dishywoo for your kind words. So happy you joined a book club and you are enjoying it. Have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  2. I love that phone cover. Toile is my favorite!! And I have to say I have subscribed to every thing Holly Holden(? I think that is her last name.0 I love her Monday emails about tradition and etiquette. Thanks for sharing her site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Friday Files are something I always look forward to and enjoy so much. Unfortunately, sometimes I get sidetracked with your links and forget to come back to say thank you. Just so you know- I am here every Friday! lol
    Have a wonderful Friday Netflix day. Not sure if it is Netflix or Prime-but have you watched The Kaminsky Files with Michael Douglas & Alan Arkin. Hysterical (I think) and I am anxiously waiting for Season 2. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yourFriday Files. I put my books on hold at the local library. You and Reese Witherspoon’s book club are my go to for recommendations. Yours is actually better - more choices. I also have used your movie recommendations. Thank you so much. I was MOB a few years back. This may sound wacky - yes there were times I questioned the cost but I can look back and say what fun it all was. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara... thanks for saying that my recommendations are better than Reese's. I never thought I could beat her in anything!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  5. Had to laugh at the Chardonnay comment! Joe is searching for Striking Out right now. We have been enjoying Case Histories on Amazon Video. Your Friday Files are always interesting and fun! Loved the cats at the museum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also absolutely love Dominique. She is our local news anchor and man, she looks good. I can't believe we are the same age! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the dog personality article. Our just turned nine Henry has lost his mind and started eating things when we are away and not even food items. A stocking, a book, cloth coasters, envelopes... He may not make it to ten if this continues. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that Long Island retreat looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post with gorgeous homes and delicious food. I read the MOB article, not that I'm going to be a MOB. I did get invited by my goddaughter to join the wedding gown search weekend. It was a memory I'll always cherish, and yes, we basically kept our opinions to ourselves. Her mind was set and that was obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Friday Files. You are responsible for a good bit of surfing tonight. I got carried away with the YouTube channel girl. I see what you mean about needing to visit Ulta after viewing her. I may just have to go by there tomorrow. The Irish legal show looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of Friday File fun today Katie! Red Bubble, no no, shop Society 6! Your dogs always crack me up :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun list on varied topics. I'll have to check out the home tours. I love those. I've had the duolingo app for a couple years. Need to get back on that! I could use a little Martha in my move project that's going on right now! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great suggestions. Love the books and the photographer's soothing, neutral retreat on Long Island. Another good housewarming gift to send is the Waterhog personalized doormat from LL Bean. Have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those books! What a clever way to market them! Those cats, such sneaky creatures but they could definitely get in if they wanted to. And the phone case, I thought it was a dish towel until I read your description. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Katie,
    So lovely to meet your acquaintance. :) Link up anytime you’d like, you’re more than welcome to.
    First off, your dogs are adorable, seriously. :) I’m in love. I have two Bichons that are both 11, the oldest turns 12 in May I can hardly believe it.
    Love me some of those beautiful kitchens and dining rooms. Has me envious but not so much to get up off my ass.. lol!
    Must check out this beauty you’ve introduced to me, Dominique and lastly, i looooove the dog personality article.
    Have a great week hun,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many fun things to check out here! I'm not sure where to start! I love house tours and decor websites, as well as finding (and testing out) new recipes. Also, I totally agree with the tools for a new homeowner. :) And I may have to check out that youtube channel - who doesn't want to look 10 years younger?! Thanks so much for sharing at Sweet Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well this is just full of goodness! I love all these interesting article links. And I've so been burnt out on eggs so this is great timing. Plus, who doesn't want to look 10 years younger??!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you watching "Mrs. Wilson" on PBS? I sure hope so! The first part last night was terrific! And the Midwives are back!

    I always love your Friday files. And cats can change personalities too. At least, Lizzie did!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Get the smelling salts . . . the One King’s Lane book-set site link did me in. At this point my cart is over $1 billion dollars ... and I’m just getting started. OMG xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp bán máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts