Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday's Favorite Things

Hello, dear friends.  It's taken me all week to get back in the sync of things since I returned from the great state of Texas.  I caught up on laundry, ran a few errands, and worked on dropping my southern drawl so the Mister could understand me again.

Here are a few of my favorite things as well as one from my #1.







 I begin with one of my #1's latest favorite thing.  She has been ordering from a company called Blue Apron for a couple of months, now.  Blue Apron sends her fresh ingredients in the exact proportion along with a recipe to provide a delicious, healthy dinner.  There is no shopping or waste.  Also included is a recipe card and you can go on their website as well and watch a video. 
 I would probably need both. 

Below are the photos of a couple the fabulous dinners that #1 made for Adorable Jonathon.






Ingredients




Fruits of #1's manual labor.





Voila!

#1 proudly reports that the fire alarm only went off once.

*****




Every Sunday morning, I pour myself a cup of Joe, sit at my computer, and open it to The Enchanted Home's Seven on Sunday.  It's a little like Tina's favorite things.  I always find many things of interest - whether it be a new Instagram to follow, a book that interests me, or an item that I cannot live without.  Tina featured these paper placemats from Plat du Jour a couple of weeks ago, and I ordered them.  They are even prettier in person.  Not a bad price, either.


*****



My friend, Jeanne, asked me if I ever heard of Harry's razors.  She told me that she tried one out and really liked it.  She also sent me a coupon to try one for free.  I am very impressed and plan on ordering blades this week.  The razors are sold online and you can sign up for a plan if you wish.  The razors and blades are sold at reasonable prices.  
Harry's Razors was founded by one of the guys who started Warby Parker.  They also opened their first retail store/barber shop in NYC.

You can order a razor for free - you just pay the price of shipping on Harry's website.  Tell them Katie sent you.  They'll have no idea who I am, but tell them anyway.


*****




I used to have full eyelashes and great legs.  Ok, the second half is a lie.  But my eyelashes weren't bad.   For some reason, (old age) a regular curler was not doing the trick anymore.  So I hopped over to Amazon and ordered a heated eyelash curler.  I really like it and you can definitely see the difference.  The price isn't bad either.  I figure at this stage of the game I'm worth 20 bucks.


*****




If you enjoy psychological thrillers that are  jam-packed with twists and turns and appreciate a true shocker ending, you are going to love What She Knew.  I bought the audio version and used any excuse I could think of to don my headphones.  I even tried to convince the Mister that they were a fashion accessory.





Last but not least, my last favorite thing is renewing old friendships.  Jill is my old Texas tennis buddy who is living in New Hampshire and just bought a house on the Cape.  It's been about five or six years since I have seen her but it felt like yesterday.  I look forward to seeing a lot more of her.


What's your latest favorite thing?

Until next time...



Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

27 comments:

  1. Fun post - love the placemats! That Blue Apron sounds like a great idea! I am always in a recipe rut so I really should try it. Sounds like you've been busy. Always nice to spend time with good friends. Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added "What She Knew" to my library list...thanks for sharing everything! Have a wonderful weekend, my dear!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to check out the placemats and the book. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the placemats. I discovered them a couple of years ago and enjoy using them.
    A couple of my friends use Blue Apron and tell me that I should try it.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the smoke alarm as a timer.

    Happy fun-loving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie, I'm so happy you came to visit my post because I have enjoyed reading yours so much! Just the kind of real life posts I love. I am chuckling over your description of the headphones as I totally get the urge to get back to a good book, no matter what else is happening! My latest favorite things are the flowers popping up in the nurseries and my suitcases slowly filling up for some upcoming trips -- one to Boston next week! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous placements! Am going to check out the heated eyelash curler -- I really need that. Had eyelash extensions for a while and loved those -- but tons of maintenance and pricey! That book looks great -- thanks for all the wonderful tips! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been in a cooking rut the last week or so, I may need to hop on the Blue Apron train for a while. I am intrigued by the eyelash curler, but a little nervous, too. I may have to research that. I hope you have a fabulous weekend, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lists like this! A heated eyelash curler, huh. That sounds scary!! Is it very hot? My brother does Harry's razors and it's funny because he's always talking about how much he likes them and he considers it a great price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie those placemats are so beautiful and I see some super cute ones on the website. Off to order!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heated eyelash curler looks great, can't wait to try it. Harry's razor for my hairy issue? I am in.

    Annie G

    ReplyDelete
  12. Turn your blowdryer to the hottest heat and blow your eyelash curler! It works like a charm! Be sure and blow dry the eyelash curler when it's not on your eyes but right before you use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried that - the heated eyelash curler works much better. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  13. I just did that renewing friendships thing yesterday (and wrote all about it, of course!) It's wonderful to connect with a college roomie you haven't seen in a long while. I'm glad you're connecting too!

    Thanks for the Harry's tip. I think I may just do that! Shorts season, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, thank you for sharing the information about the placemats. I just purchased my first pad of placemats (Amazon). I am really enjoying them, but these are beautiful. My favorite thing right now is my YETI cup. I am sure they have been around for awhile, but I just discovered them. Just think cold drink with ice for hours. I never knew I could love a cup. Have a great weekend.
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxine... You and my #2 share a love for the almighty YETI cup!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

      Delete
  15. Love the placemats!! A lot of my friends run their traditional eyelash curler under hot water before using.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing these items and the link to a new blog, it's always great meeting new bloggers :-) I've thought about trying the meal prep places, looks like a great idea and would save a lot of time. That will be wonderful having your friend nearby to hang out together more often. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have had a crazy time of it for the past two weeks, and while I've been reading, I've not been commenting. I like your favourites - those place mats are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the great tips as always! Love the placemats and my eyelashes probably need the heated curler too. I even went so far as to have eyelash extensions a couple of months ago just to see how it felt to have eyelashes again and let me tell you it felt pretty good! Have a great weekend Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful placemats! I have to go and cheek them out! Love the rest of the tips as well. I do not use Blue Apron but have heard great things about them. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those placemats. I have some but not that pretty. I'll check those out. Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Within the last year my eyelashes have lost their allure. Perhaps a heated curler is just the thing! Thank you so much for linking up to Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You make our gathering a happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, what darling placemats!! I actually do run my traditional eyelash curler under hot water before I use it, but a heated one sounds a whole lot better!
    Great to have you party with us!
    The gals from TOHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there, have been away also and just playing catch up today. Always love to pop in and say hello and see what you are up to. Hope Texas was fun! Thanks for featuring me and when you run out I will be carrying them on my shop site!
    Interesting about the lash curler....I don't use one but everyone swears so think I need to get on the bandwagon. Thanks for your continuous
    book selections, have ordered many a book thanks to you! Wishing you a great and hopefully relaxing Sunday....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your lists Katie!
    Can I at my age handle a heated eyelash curler? Yikes!
    I trust you so I am off to order it.

    Have a great week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts