Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Typical Hodgepodge

Good morning, dear friends.  It seems as if it has been raining for days here in the Northeast.  I am surrounded by a floor that is decorated with muddy paw prints and the sweet aroma of wet dog reeks throughout the house.

But enough about my glamorous life, it's time for Hodgepodge.









1.  What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar?





I am headed to Texas this month to visit with my #1.  I'm looking forward to spending time with my girl as well as seeing her new pad.






Later in the month, the Mister and I are off to Virginia to see our #2 graduate.  #offthepayroll




2.  What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?

I am at a loss for the words, but there are a couple of things that remind me of my Mother.






The clinking of a charm bracelet.










And a whiff of Estee perfume.




3.  What's something beautiful you own or have seen made of glass?





The first thing that comes to mind are the stained glass windows at the Marble House.  If you missed my Newport post, you can read about it here.




4.  Was today typical?  
If not, what made it unusual?


Yes, today was a typical day.
At the risk of boring you to tears, here is a glimpse of my typical day.




I let these two hooligans out.



I have some coffee and answer emails at the kitchen table.




After letting Chowdah and Chili in, I then drag my big rear end go upstairs and walk through this room to get to my office. I give about 3 seconds worth of thought to staying in the room to work out.  Very seldom does that thought come to fruition.



I then go into my office and stalk facebook and do some online shopping blog my pretty little brains out.



I then pack my interns/personal shoppers in the car to do some errands.


Around 5, I enjoy a glass of wine and a book.
Yup, that's me.


I then prepare a 5-course dinner for the Mister.



We end the evening with educational TV.




5.  What is a quality you wish you could have more of?





I am sad to say that patience is not in my genes.



6. What's the next major purchase you need to make?  Will it happen in the month of May?




My next big purchase is a new spring wardrobe.  The Massachusetts humidity has caused my clothes to shrink over the winter months.




7.  What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult?



After I finished college, my parents sent me to Katherine Gibbs so that I could be a rock star candidate in the work world.  My career never set the world on fire.  But I am grateful that I learned the skill of typing, otherwise, I would be miserable in my blogging career.





8.  Insert your own random thought.  


I've watched a lot of TV in my life.  I practically majored in it in college.    I think The Family is one of the best thrillers I have ever watched on TV.   There are just a few episodes remaining and I am dying to know how it will end. 

What quality do you wish you had more of?



Until next time...





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

24 comments:

  1. I take solace in the fact that I am not the only one to ignore a home gym! Your day sounds perfect and that's a lovely five course dinner you make ;) -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! Will have to check out The Family. Not familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love thrillers, you're going to love this one!! Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. I will trade you some patience for some of your light-hearted humor.........
    Have fun visiting with the girls. Bring your rain gear to Texas! Typing- yes, I hated that class too. I do love how I can type and stare at misbehaving children. It blows their minds! Safe travels and congrats to daughter #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post. I wish I had more typical days like yours. Enjoy your visits with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mama of two pugs likes your send-off picture today! And, by the way, your typical day looks eerily like mine! lol I know you love all the Housewives shows. Do you watch "Southern Charm"? I am hooked - I live just an hour up the road from Charleston and my biggest dream is to run into T-Rav or Shep one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your typical day!! Your home gym is gorgeous!! Have fun visiting your daughters, one of mine is almostthisclosecoulditbetruemaybemaybenot off the payroll too. :) I need more patience too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never even heard of "The Family". Time to get with the program, I guess. Your typical day sounds much like mine...and I am not complaining one bit! I just saw Marla's comment about "Southern Charm". You must tune in! My husband's former classmate from The Citadel in Charleston is one of the main characters...Thomas Ravenel...T-Rav.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your day -- and your two hooligans! Sounds like lots of fun is in store for you! My day yesterday started out typically and ended with a big surprise when I discovered that my great grandfather (of whom we knew NOTHING!) was in an asylum for at least 13 years before he died -- maybe more. (Maybe it SHOULDN'T have been such a surprise!). I'm most anticipating this month's make-and-take tea where we're going to make magnificent silk scarves and then gorge out on a full English tea! Which means I'd better start making tea treats soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending our warm and sunny skies your way! Wish I had more organization skills and the ability to just throw stuff away!

    What a fun May with a visit to your #1 and your #2 graduating! How sweet is that!! Nice that your pups will ride along with you -- my Scottie starts to shake - she thinks she's going to the groomer whenever she gets in the car!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen The Family but will look for it now. Have fun with your daughter ms and congrats on the graduation. I'm in Washington all week with my oldest. Daughter time is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOO MANY QUESTIONS for 6:30 AM here on the WEST COAST!
    My Mother always wanted me to learn to type so I could GET A JOB!
    Typical Day..........close to YOURS!BUT I DO THE COOKING!!!!!!
    The GAL in YELLOW.......................what is she thinking?
    I ENJOY your POSTS VERY MUCH!Have wonderful get away and LUCKY YOU to be seeing BOTH DAUGHTERS so SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, we have been dealing with the rain all week too. I was hoping it would give my son some allergy relief but his allergies seemed to get worse! I have a stinky wet dog as well - oh and plenty of muddy footprints! Glad to hear you are getting to see your daughters soon. What quality do I wish I had more of?...I wish I actually had the ability to NOT WORRY! I know it's a waste of energy but I just can't help it! Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. My typical day is much like yours, but with only one side-kick. She follows me around, but isn't a fan of traveling in the car. Sadie's more a "stay at home" kind of gal. Not a mother myself (except to Sadie), but I was a born in January in the late 40s. The image that comes to mind is my mom dealing with cloth diapers in the winter without the luxury of a dryer. Not a pleasant thought! ;-(
    What am I looking forward to ~ meeting a sweet friend for coffee on Saturday morning.
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After being kicked out of Sister Daly's typing class for being "too disruptive" I finally learned to type when I was in my 20's. Sister's advice to "place a tea towel over one's hands as one types" proved to be actually useful. Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie,Glad to know I am not the only one addicted to The Family.I simply cannot get enough!! It is one mystery I can't figure out!! I can't believe #2 is graduating from college,already!! Time is going much too fast for us mama's(my youngest son is 23)!! My typical day is much like yours,and my hooligan,Maybelline,likes to go on as many errands as she can with me.The bank,and dry cleaners all know her and give her dog treats! She is spoiled rotten It is beautiful and sunny here in Alabama,so I am sending you warm wishes for a lovely Mother's Day!! Hugs,Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I have to catch up on The Family, we have several DVR'd. The typing skills are priceless, thankfully typing was required in HS...Sister Evangelina did not let you out of class until we could type with our eyes closed. Congrats on the graduate or should I say pay raise for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I must be "out of the loop" for sure, I've never heard of The Family. I must check it out. Love your typical day! And, Chili and Chowdah are just too cute! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you have a sunny, warm trip to Texas! Your #1 looks just like you, so I'm thinking #2 must be Daddy's little girl...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great month you're going to have! I am loving The Family too. So first we have Tegawitha in common and now Katherine Gibbs. I went through the 3-month Entree Program after college too. No one could make tables and charts on the typewriter better than me. And it was a lot more useful than a psychology degree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie... I was in the Entree program too!! Longest 3 months of my life! Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  20. Hi...as for the rain - YUK...I have been on the Cape all week and today was the first time I saw the sun!! Haven't heard "Katie Gibbs" in years, is it still in Boston? I heard you are seeing Sarah - how exciting - enjoy your trip! Love the yellow dress - yuk yuk yuk!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Texas. Please tell Joanna that I said hi! Huge congrats to #2. And to you and The Mister for having successfully launched your beautiful daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How didi I miss this! I hope that you have had a fabulous trip to Texas! I have seen a few photos on Instagram so I am assuming all is going well.

    I cannot wait to hear more!

    Love the description of your day, especially the walk through the gym!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts