Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Bachelorettes in Beantown

Hello, dear friends.  I just arrived home from a fabulous four days in Texas.  I took lots of pictures and will share them with you as soon as I get my act together.

A few weeks ago, I attended a bachelorette party in honor of one of my nearest and dearest, Susie B.  Susie and her seven siblings grew up in the house next door to ours and our parents were best friends. 


Let me tell you a little about my buddy, Susie.  I have written about her here and here and here where she recounts her time at the Kennedy Compound.  

Everybody loves Susie.  I have never seen my buddy without a smile and a giggle.  She has got a million friends.  Naturally, we were all thrilled to hear that Susie had met the love of her life, Mike.  So, about 30 of her closest friends arrived in Beantown to celebrate Susie and her upcoming betrothal.


We arrived at the hotel for a champagne toast to the bride-to-be.


All were in great spirits and couldn't wait to get down to business and start the celebration.


Susie's sis, Cathy, brought the bridal mascot.  
She is the Flat Stanely of the bridal circuit.



We enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Union Oyster House. Lucky that we had a private room because we had a lot of catching up to do.  I hadn't seen a lot of these ladies for more than thirty years!




I go waaaay back with a lot of the attendees.  Both of these lovely ladies, Mary and Nancy, were neighbors of ours.  



Cousin Mary on the left - SOB (sista of the bride) Eileen on the right.



The lady on the far right, Colleen, did a fantastic job planning every detail of this of this jubilant weekend.






SOB's twin sistas, Maura & Cathy.  I have a history of getting into some serious mischief with this lovely dynamic duo.


SOB Jeanne & my Sista.


The bride to be and her sista.


Susie & her good buddy sharing one of many chuckles of the weekend.


I had never experienced a duck tour before and was very excited to take one.


All aboard!


SOB holding the matrimonial mascot.


Twin talk.



Our driver was so entertaining and shared some fascinating stories about Boston and its history.








Selfie sistas.





What a great tour!  I highly recommend it if you are visiting Boston.






We all met at the Marriott for a drink before dinner.


That evening, we had reservations in the North End at LoConte's.  I had never been there before.  I think it was the best Italian food I've ever had in my whole life!  And believe you me, I have had my share of pasta and pizza in my carb-filled life.  



The next morning the Bride treated us to brunch.
What a great bachelorette party!



The next time I see my buddy, Susie, she will be walking down the aisle to marry her handsome prince.

Can't wait!



Until next time...







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

25 comments:

  1. Wow -- what a great get-together and bachelorette party! You all looked so beautiful and happy! Fun times with friends = priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Boston a few times, and these photos make me want to return! What a fun time seeing long-time (not old!!!) friends! Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun occasion! And what a great place for it! You looked like you were having the times of your life! A party to remember for the rest of her happily married days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great getaway! Susie looks like so much fun to be around! Now I really wish we did the duck tour while in Boston...next time. Glad you enjoyed your time with friends!
    Cheers!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you had a good visit in Texas. I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy your posts! They ooze with personality, and the ending doggie photo leaves me smiling all day. I'm actually giggling with today's photo of the doggie bride and groom.
    Fun to see longtime friends gathering for such a special time. I was recently with twelve of my childhood girlfriends. Amazing to think that friendships like this can span years of separation and pick right back up with ease. A joyful thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My my you have been quite the busy traveler! I wish your friend Susie much joy for her upcoming marriage. Happy belated Mother's day! Sorry I have been MIA; it has been crazy. xoxo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait. What? The bride spent time at the Kennedy Compound. THE Kennedy Compound? Got to go read about that. But before I do - Suzie looks like a gem, as does our Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait. What? The bride spent time at the Kennedy Compound. THE Kennedy Compound? Got to go read about that. But before I do - Suzie looks like a gem, as does our Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun, fun, fun! Y'all obviusly had a GREAT time! The bride looks extremenly happy! I wish her a lovely and beautiful wedding day! Just fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like y'all had a blast! Susie exudes FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful to gather with longtime friends. I love it because, I have eaten at the Union Oyster House... last time was ages ago, both my parents were living. I have also eaten at Lo Conte with the Family Matriarch, and lastly I have never taken the Duck tour, but recognized many locals. I didn't recognize the tall building in the distance ...I believe the photo was taken from the State House side of the Boston Common...spent many a summer days of my youth on the Boston Common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Millennium Tower - brand new residential high rise in Downtown Crossing on the site of the old Filene's.

      Delete
  13. Looks like a fun time!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Susie! The weekend looks like a smashing success. I love the duck boat tours. What a blast! I can't wait to hear about the trip to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, that was just too much fun for sure! And, what a happy bride!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't girfriend trips just the best??? Just replenishes our souls with such good juju!
    We must always work hard to keep our friends close for they will prolly be changing my diapers in the "home". In the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like such a fun weekend. Getting together with longtime friends is the best! Love seeing your beautiful sister -she looks like you! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a good time was had by all. You look very cute and stylish. I think pearls add "posh" to any outfit. Also, glad to see someone else who has bifocals in their cool sunglasses. I had them put in my raybans. ha! Have a great week.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best wishes to the bride and groom for a lifetime of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We took the same tour in Philadelphia, definitely enhanced by an entertaining guide!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like so much fun! I need a friend to get married-ha : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. How awesome!! Congratulations to the happy lady!! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like a fabulous weekend! The bride to be looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts