Insert Carnegie Hall joke here.
The dinner and service were outstanding, as always.
After our fabulous dinner, the Mister and I strolled back to the hotel and enjoyed the city in all its splendor.


Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!
you may also like
I'm Katie. Welcome to my blog. I am an empty nester meandering through my midlife years one page at a time. We sold our antique home on the South Shore of Massachusetts in October 2020 and relocated to the Dallas suburbs and our forever home.
I love to write about books, movies, TV, celebrities, shopping, decorating, Bravo, and weekend adventures. My favorite writing material, however, is derived from my family: the Mister, my girls, #1 and #2, my two favorite sons-in-law, our littlest diva, and my new little mischief-maker, thoroughly darling Millie. I love hearing from my wonderful readers.
You can contact me at: preppyemptynester@gmail.com
How fun....NYC in December is hard to beat. We had our engagement party at the Rainbow room! It is a night I will never forget.....a beautiful and iconic place. You did all the fun things...and aren't the shop windows for Christmas amazing! Glad you worked in some retail therapy and great dining...thats what its all about!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! I love all the highlights of NYC you showed us. Almost makes me want to go back for a visit. What a fun way to celebrate the anniversary of your engagement! Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love how you spend your time in NYC and take us along. I always light a candle at a new church (and make a wish) too :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had great weather. Frank and I agree, New York is a wonderful town!
ReplyDeleteWe were in town for both weekends around that time too bad I didnt run into you we could have had a good laugh! The weather was amazing! xo K
ReplyDeleteOh how wonderful...felt I was there too! Thank you for giving us a way to see NYC in December. We used to fly there every year during December and spend a week at one of the grand hotels so Mother could go shopping....they were such wonderful times! Enjoy your weekend Katie!
ReplyDeleteHaha. Love your commentary. NY at Christmastime looks magical! Love all the pics.
ReplyDeletethis post left me with a lot of giggles and a happy mood. Thanks for the laughs...you were joking about Jennifer and George, right? right?
ReplyDeleteWe almost went into NYC this holiday season, but it just never happened because I got behind with Christmas tasks. I should try harder next year. Look what I missed!
ReplyDeleteYou two always have such a good time! Thank you for reminding me of Trattoria della Arte - I haven't been there in ages. Next time you come down, I will have to come meet you! Have a great weekend, my dear! xoxox
ReplyDeleteTotally fun...I love NYC during the holidays. Putting away my CHristmas ornaments today and so many are from times we spent in NYC over the holidays.
ReplyDeleteOh Katie, I'm so sorry we missed each other, as my husband and I were in NYC at about the same time. We were lucky enough to see Billy Joel at the Garden, and the next day to see Les Mis where I once again marveled at those who weren't weeping inconsolably into their scarves! What's wrong with those people? At the risk of sounding like a giant suck-up, meeting you is on my 2016 wish list. Stay well and keep us laughing.
ReplyDeleteCathy in NJ
Oh Cathy... how sweet! Maybe we could meet up in NYC!!!
DeleteThanks for sharing this fun trip with us. I do love NYC but my husband has never been and never cares to go. Ugh But, thankfully he doesn't care if I go. :o)) Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog! I have always wanted to visit New York during the winter holidays, now I really want to make that trip. Loved your house tours, looking forward to reading more.
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how happy I am that I found your blog and that we are now instagram buddies. Every post makes me laugh out loud. Not sure if you and "the mister" are as old as I and my"mister" but I feel like we are in the same place sort of. Don't let me insult you...my kids are 32 & 35!! It is all meant in love...LOVE your blog! Keep it up...just like it is!!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how great a good dinner can make you feel and look- not that you looked bad before, you understand! Great post- love it- as I always love your posts. Hope you are having a wonderful, blessed new year! xo Diana
ReplyDeleteHello dear Katie
ReplyDeleteI have loved reading about all the fun you had in New York and your pictures are beautiful, I can feel all the holiday cheer and energy of Christmas time in the city...wow I mean WOW what a place, I have never been there and always wanted to go. New York has to be the most exciting city in the world
It is lovely and very touching to read of the anniversary of your engagement, and your party at the Rainbow Room. I hope you had a really beautiful celebration for such a special day,and a wonderful weekend.. many Congratulations again
and much love
Sally xx