Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Gift Guide for the Foodie



Hello, dear friends.  How is your week going?  Ours has been wet and cold.  It actually worked to my advantage because I got all my inside decorating done and wrapped gifts while catching up on A Million Little Things.  Boy, do I ever love that show!  

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from my friend Cindy from Rough Luxe Lifestyle.  She asked me if I would be willing to join a group of bloggers for a gift guide post.  When I heard the list of participants, I felt like I was back in high school and invited to sit at the cool girl lunch table. Unfortunately, that never happened back then, but it did today!  Please stop over and take a peek at my cool friends' creative, thoughtful gift guides.

Design Chic
Hello Lovely
Most Lovely Things
Rough Luxe Lifestyle


After I received Cindy's email, I asked the Mister for a theme suggestion.  He kind of volunteered to talk about some of his favorite things for cooking.

For those of you who are new to the blog, my Mister is a CIA graduate and an ex-chef.  He was an Executive Chef at several hotels, including PGA, lead the team for the Democratic National Convention dinner, and even cooked for and met Prince Edward and Prince Andrew.
 I hope that Jeffrey fellow wasn't hanging around. 



Take it away, Mister!









As my wife may have mentioned, when I want something, I don't wait around for Christmas.  I ordered this pizza oven a few weeks ago and have been playing with it ever since.



Katie said that she hasn't seen me this happy since I bought my midlife crisis car.  
By the way... that was my present to me last year.





A pizza can be made in minutes.







Mmmm Good!
This beats a sweater any day!
I've cooked chicken and steak in it too.  
All in a matter of minutes.

BTW... I may have told Katie that pizza cooked in this oven has 0 WW points.


There are a few variations of the oven.



Amazon
OONI pro propane option



Amazon

The OONI 3  is a smaller and much more portable unit and is fantastic using pellets.



Amazon

OONI 3 Propane option



Amazon

I wanted a cart with enough storage and wheels so I can push it in and out of the barn.




Amazon



Amazon

Bluetooth grilling thermometers guarantee perfect grilling every time!
Is there a better name than Meater?





Amazon

Number one gave me these 2 years ago, and it is the most used appliance in my kitchen!



Amazon

My favorite tongs.
They are one of the few that have a hook and locking mechanism.






Amazon

These Fish Turners are strong, sturdy, and flexible.




Amazon

This is definitely a "why didn't I think of that?" file.  
You will never have to chase anything into the flames again!




Amazon

Summer party for 8, no problem! 
Paella to the rescue, easy, and everyone is amazed!


Amazon


My new best friend!
I even bought one for my office, too.  
It gets a daily work out.



Amazon

In fact, it has become my breakfast of choice using this little device and...




Amazon


... a tablespoon of MTC Oil for a "bulletproof Espresso breakfast."




Amazon

I have to admit I personally don't own an air fryer.
...are you listening, Katie?  
But one of the guys at work has this one, and I think he uses it every day!


Amazon

A little low tech but still the best tech.  
These are not just for salmon.  
I suggest you try:

 cherry tomatoes and shaved fennel 
or
grilled asparagus and Portabello mushroom 
finished on a Cedar Plank.






Amazon

And since we are talking low tech, another favorite of mine is to use the cast iron griddle outside on the grill!

Bacon and eggs for the gang with no cleanup! 






Amazon

This is a great set.
The best part... it's cordless!



Carbon Steel is all the rage. 
We have been using it in professional kitchens for years.
The rest of the world is learning what they have been missing.




Amazon

another best kept secret....a best use item for any kitchen and saves clean up time




Our #2 gave this to me for Christmas last year.  
It is my go-to for finishing almost every menu item.





Amazon

Once you try unfiltered olive oil, you will never buy anything else.  It carries the distinct flavor of olives and not of pepper, like so many olive oils.  It is fruity and rich in polyphenols, which are known for their antioxidants. 




Amazon

If it drops below 50 degrees, I don't want to go outside.
 This little grill comes to the rescue,  dishwasher cleanup, and no smoke.  
This is the perfect winter kitchen gadget.


Some of my favorite cookbooks:













I read an article about these ladies, so I ordered their cookbook.
They also have videos.
These ladies can cook!



Joanne Chang has several restaurants in Boston.

Amazon


And when all said and done, the number one most crucial kitchen gadget...whether it is scotch, whiskey or bourbon it is all about the ICE! 



*****

Thanks, Mister.  
Great job.
  
Now you don't think for one minute that I would end my post here.
It's time for me to put in my two cents.


Neiman's

We gave this set to the newlyweds when we were in NYC a couple of months ago.  Not only do I love the color combo, but they quite large.




Neiman's

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I own several pieces of the MC black and white check.
After visiting the MC store in NYC a couple of months ago, I have developed a wandering eye for this pattern.
Don't tell the Mister.



Horchow




Houzz

How cute is this lamp?
I wish I had room in my kitchen.



Amazon

I have owned three of these coffee makers.  
It's not fancy, but it makes a heck of a good cup of joe.


Amazon



Amazon

These are my favorite kitchen gadgets.

Perfect for Weight Watchers 1 point mini muffins. 



Horchow

I like to wrap a pretty kitchen towel around a bottle of vino and tie it with a big bow as a hostess gift.




Amazon

For your favorite cat lady.

Target

or Dog lover.


Here is a list of my favorite books that are not cookbooks for foodies.


Amazon

Mouth-watering descriptions of Italian food.




Amazon

Her first and her best. 




Amazon

I met this lovely author, who is a Pastry Chef in Boston.
This book is also a favorite of my buddy, Annie's.



Amazon

I loved this one.

*****

Last but certainly not least...
Stumped as to what to bring to your office White Elephant party?
Not to worry.
I've got you covered.




Amazon



Amazon



Here's a little advice.  
If your boss chooses your gift and asks who brought it 

DENY!
DENY!
DENY!

If that doesn't work, order item below.



Amazon



If you need more gift ideas, stop over to my Gadget Gift Guide, my Girlfriend Gift Guide, Hostess Gift Guide, and Millennial Gift Guide,



Until next time...







The Mister and his favorite sous chefs.

Linking up with:
Thinking Out Loud Thursday
The Answer Is Chocolate
Blogger's Pit Stop
What's Up Weekend
Best of the Weekend
High Five for Friday
Friendship Friday
Fabulous Friday
On the Edge
Dare to Share
Mix It Up Monday
Hello Monday
Over the Moon
Inspire Me Tuesday
You're the Star
Lou Lou Girls
Gift Guides Link Up
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

20 comments:

  1. Ice molds are going on the list for my daughter’s boyfriend! Also, I need to learn how to make pizza at home. Have only found 1 place that makes pizza I really like here in FL. Most places make NY style, which is not my favorite. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh can the mister join our group every year? My husband, my son, son in law, daugher and daughter in law are going to be all over this list. You may have done my shopping for me. My husband knows two people that could use both of those coffee cups.FYI you are the coolest! Thanks for joining us Katie...LOVED this list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that the Mr. had such amazing credentials and had met royalty. Wow! Thanks for all the gift ideas. I'm putting the coffeemaker on my wishlist, and I was thrilled that some of your foodie book recommendations were available in audio at my library. Have a happy Thanksgiving week. Can't wait to check out the other gift guides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - I needed this list. Truly. The ooni thing...ooh la la, it may be mine since I'm totally a pizza girl. Also a WW girl to manage Crohn's disease so none of the humor was lost on me. :) Thank you for curating an incredible collection for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son received the pellet pizza oven last year for Christmas. It is amazing. The pizzas rival Pepe’s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of pretties but those cat towels rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great ideas! My middle son is a budding chef and asked for a few items like a kitchen scale and a set of cake pans that make little cups. I'll have to bookmark some of these for when he gets a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I have said before, your Mister is a wizard in the kitchen. Love seeing the things that he recommends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pizza oven is the bomb! We have a couple of friends who have one and they pizzas are just soooo yummy! Great choices for holiday shopping overall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really think you need to get rid of the courtly check and go with Royal check - it would be perfect in your kitchen!! I started my girls on their collection of Royal with canisters, dish towels, utensils and salt and pepper shakers! I LOVED Blue BIstro . (I thought a bit about Susan Branch when reading it!) . BTW, you can find room for that lamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband enjoys cooking too - especially on the grill - so I appreciate all of the Mister's gift ideas.
    PS: If you drooled at the photo of the sticky buns on the cover of the Joanne Chang's Flour Bakery cookbook, the bakery sells them (unbaked) on the William-Sonoma website - soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both gift guides you shared are amazing and so helpful! Glad I had a perusal and Definitely have some ideas I hadn’t had before. Thanks Katie! :)

    That’s amazing you have your very own executive chef at home! I wish I had one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Katie,
    Mister had me at CIA. SO many questions. Okay, so can you ask mister about the hottest craze in Denver... the Traeger. My brother has one and my (first) husband wants one. Is it a grill, is it a fryer? We have our new kitchen so I feel like he should have a little something for the backyard since I got my "she-stove."

    Be careful... you may have a contributor added to your blog! xo laura in CO

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pizza looks amazing, do you deliver? Love the Flour cookbook, I use it often.

    I hope Santa is reading this posting.

    annie g

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am thinking I need the pizza oven, it would make my hubby happy! I am a a definite foodie, but I think I should just visit with you since you have a live-in chef! Great list Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Mister is definitely speaking my language with this amazing pizza oven! I love new gadgets for the kitchen. Such a great list! Thanks for linking up.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday, Katie. Thank you for joining us, and making Pink Saturdays even more special. You are welcome to join us every week. I would appreciate being included in your link to list.

    Love, love, love this post. We are definitely foodies, too. This post is being featured in my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome gift guide - the Mister has some great ideas! Thanks for linking up to Best of the Weekend. Your post was one of my features this week. I will also be pinning and sharing on IG stories this weekend. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the long weekend...which may even be longer with this snowstorm on the way!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing at the Fabulous Friday Linky Party! We hope you can join us again this week >> https://abiggreenhouse.com/the-super-fabulous-friday-linky-party-10/

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts