Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Hostess with the Mostess Gift Guide


Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  We had a full house - both girls and our adorable son-in-law. I will tell you all about it in my next post.

It's the first of December, which means that it is officially the holiday party season.  I enjoy the hunt for the perfect gift for the hostess.  The host, on the other hand, traditionally is handed a bottle of vino from the Mister.







Coasters for the colorful host.





A music enthusiast?
How about coasters made of records?


Is she a preppy hostess?









Fun cocktail napkins are always welcome.






My buddy, Annie, gave me one of these, and I use it all the time.



When we are invited somewhere and asked to bring something, I always give the container as the hostess gift.  

That way, when I'm making an Irish exit out the back door, I'm not carrying a half-eaten bowl of dip. 















Bring the bread?
No problemski!






Handles make bringing a dish a lot easier.
I own a few of these.






Bring the salad?
The host will love you because this bowl keeps food hot or cold.

















Salad utensils are always a lovely gift.






Great price!








I have several of these melamine platters.
Clean-up is a snap!







It's all in the presentation!








An easy gift is attaching this book to the above cheeseboard with a shiny red ribbon.






Useful and attractive. 







I love these catch-all bowls.









These cute little snack dishes come as a set.

If you are feeling exceptionally generous, throw in the snacks.







Cute vintage apron for the cutting-edge hostess.




Is the hostess a tennis bud?
I bet she would appreciate these!




Good size and great price!!





For the teatotaler hostess.






If you have read my blog for a while, you know that I love to give pretty pitchers filled with flowers.












Under ten bucks!
For the coffee addict.















Forgo the gift bag and present the bottle of wine in one of these coolers with freezable inserts.



Or this reindeer ice bucket?














Armed and ready to open that first bottle of wine.





Give your host a pain-free morning after.









To rival the gun wine opener, this is a real bullet bottle opener.
The host could be the James Bond of holiday parties.




Amazon

For the foodie host.






Another treat for the chef.
Six, count 'em, six adjustable coarseness settings!




Ornaments are also a fun gift.



















Amazon

Is he/she a coffee addict?



A travel nut?



Amazon

Does the host consider McDonald's a food group?





Amazon

Bacon lover, like my buddy, Annie?





For the host who is expecting an addition to the family,  this will help with the pregnancy countdown.







You can have your own personalized message put on the label like:  invite me back next year.







For the traveling host.




To the host that may need a little inspiration.




For the extremist host.






For the host who knows his/her way around the kitchen.





For the host that reads fiction.




Or spine-tingling thrillers?





Just in case the party is dull...





This is one of the gifts that I gave the newlyweds.
Is the host a fan of Andy Cohen's like moi?






Who doesn't need a mitten koozie?






Last, but not least, for the guy who doesn't need a tree.
He'd rather decorate himself.



If you are looking for more gift inspiration, check out my gift guides for your bestie, your gadget guru, your foodie, your reader, and your millennial in your life.



Until next time...




Jim Killigas

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

19 comments:

  1. A few of these items just went on my own wish list. I love the idea of bringing a container/bowl with food and then leaving it behind as a gift. I can't wait to hear about your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great list of gift ideas!. I'm bookmarking this post. You have us covered!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring any one of these and you are invited to every one of my parties for life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gift ideas...my #1 Son-ster has just grown a hefty mustache...let's just say it's not growing on me yet, but I may buy him a few of those decorations for the new 'stache. Great ideas and plenty I would like for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas.... i would love so mnay of these. Table topics are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to go any further than your blog for the best gift ideas! I will probably be shopping right here today my beautiful friend! I especially love monogram ideas as hostess gifts. You really cannot go wrong with anything that you shared as you have the best taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely gift ideas. Love the cute gnomes. A great gift list to go back and bookmark for future ideas. Happy December and thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous ideas!!! I love that idea of bringing the container for a hostess gift. I will be stealing that idea for the future. I bet Skinny Delaney would like those tennis bath bombs! Adding more to my Santa list! The Dearly Beloved was one of my favorite books this year. Loved it.

    Annie G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent choices Katie! I hope I get invited to enough parties to take them all! :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wine gnomes and the mitten coozie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, your gift idea posts are amazing. I have the Cole and Mason salt and pepper grinders and I rate them a 10! We were gifted a set of record coasters a couple of years ago, definitely unique! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all. The last one with the beard is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for doing some of my shopping for me!!! just ordered 4 of the reindeer pitchers and 3 of the books you said was your favorite!!!
    Now I need something "funny" for my 3 sons....would you get on that please??!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops!!!! Nevah mind!!! I just found your gadget post. Already ordered 4 things x 3 from there.
    You are GOOD girl.....my own personal shopper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love my wooden salad utensils! Happy December. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some lovely ideas here. I love the record coasters :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Have a great week and we hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband was just complaining that we don’t have any coasters so I am loving all the fun coaster options you have shared! I think that serving pieces are always a great hostess gift! Lots of great gift ideas here. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such fun ideas. And I can't believe the price point on those monogram wall letters! laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Top Rated Best Toys and Gifts for 4 Year Old Girls (Review) in 2020. Get the list of best toys Ideas for four years old girls.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts