Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, June 30, 2014

It's A Good Day When I Make A New Friend!


Hello good friends.  I had the most delightful lunch today with my blogger friend, Mo, of Mocadeaux. I discovered Mo's blog awhile ago and have enjoyed every minute of her posts about wine, scrumptious recipes, and her life in California and Chicagoland.

We discovered a lot about each other during our lunch.  We graduated from college the same year, won't tell you what year, though.  Who cares that she went to the almighty University of Notre Dame and I went to a small, Catholic girls college that closed due to lack of interest?  As long as there are no SAT's involved... Mo and I can still be friends.  

Mo's school


My school

Another crazy thing... Mo knows one of my best buddies, Jelly Bean!  OK... I know what you're thinking...



Mo's children live in the Boston area and she promised to call me for lunch when she is back in September.  Hopefully, our favorite reader, Denise, will join us next time!

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why I blog. 
It's always a great day when I make a new friend!  




Here's to new friends!





Warning...
Be careful who you honk at!









Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

14 comments:

  1. You have the Catholic college experience in common; holy wine is thicker than water. What a wonderful day and more for the future. My Catholic women's college just changed its name a year ago...still the same old place to me. I met a lifelong friend and my husband...obviously he is no a member of the alumnae, but was a frequent visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...two of my favorite bloggers together!!!! Next time I want to join you guys!!! I love you both! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meeting new people through the blog - world! So far, everyone has been far more sane and nice than me, so I've been okay. Looks like you've found another good one. I'll be sure to check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had been available to join you! As they say, unless I'm dating myself, "see you in September"!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are funny,! I will have lunch with you if you ever come to SW Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be a lot of fun to meet bloggers in person. Enjoy your little get together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous ladies and so happy you got to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much fun. I agree that making new friends in blogland is wonderful. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, I am so thrilled to have finally met you in person! What a great afternoon of laughs and stories. Thanks so, so much for your kind hospitality. Yes, this is why we blog! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun Katie! It's so fun to meet blog friends. I spent some time in a Catholic girls elementary school and remember the experience vividly;) Glad you had fun and had so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun...missed you. Having fun catching up....sounds and looks like a friendship meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie,

    I wanted to know who owns the picture of the dog on the computer looking at camera - I am interested in using it for a print ad. Is it your dog / photo?

    Thanks.

    Chris Maloney
    773-856-0912
    chris@bmov.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katie, my sister went to Barat!!!!!! What are the odds. She now lives in Holden, MA. I think you might have been there at the same time.....email me at gramspearls@gmail. She is someone you would remember. After graduation, she stayed and worked in Admissions. I, of course, went to a small all girls college in Gates Mills, Ohio. I guess that's why we have good senses of humor.


    Warmly, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts