Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 29, 2024

The Friday Files







I hope that you had a good week.  I am happy to say that I checked off everything on my to-do list.  I even helped the Mister check off one important item on his list.


The Mister had his colonoscopy this week.  Every ten years the Mister faces my most dreaded day... the 8 stages of starvation, otherwise known as Prep Day.




It begins like any other day. At 5:15, the Mister has a little more pep in his step and great expectations for the day. He keeps telling me that this is a snap. He bought out every last bottle of Gatorade at Walmart, has enough bullion to feed a small country, and has a good stock of the cocktail du jour prescribed by his doctor.



The Mister fills me in hour by hour, telling me how easy this process is.  Around lunchtime, the first stage of grief shows its ugly face.  With a downtrodden stance that he reserves for occasions as dire as this, he tells me to go on and have my lunch.  There is no sense in both of us starving to death.  




Hours later the Mister tells me that he ingested his first Colonoscopy Cocktail.  He then informed me that it didn't taste bad at all.  Then he asks me every ten minutes how long I think it will take for the party to get started.  



I  suggest that he camp out in the commode so he will be well-prepared and I can enjoy my glass of wine and get back to reading the same page of my book for the fourth time. 





A couple of hours later, with a face as long as a fiddle, the Mister gathers all of his strength and makes his way upstairs to the guest room. (My idea, not his.) 




He reaches the top of the stairs and tells me that if he starves to death during the night, I should go ahead and marry again. 
I tell him I already have two prospects in mind.



 At last, our arduous journey has come to a close.  
The doctor came in and told us that the Mister was as clean as a whistle and that he would see him in ten years.

Ten years is not long enough.


If you are in the market for a delightful Colonoscopy experience, I highly recommend Texas Endoscopy on Independence in Plano. The entire staff was extremely informative, professional, and hospitable. 

















Take a look at this gorgeous refresh by Bradford Lowry Interiors.












Wouldn't you love to inherit a castle? 

Take a tour of this family's home.







Take a tour of this lovely Montecito home designed by the incomparable Mark D. Sikes.









If you are thinking of gifting a picture book, this one is for you.







I've got good news for dog lovers.






Are you hosting on Easter?  You may want to WOW your guests with one of these 18 Spring Cocktails




I'm not the only one who became a grandmother recently.







Here are some outdoor entertaining tips from Kate Rheinstein Brodsky.







The new Mom and Dad suggested that all family members download this app. and it is the best!  Every time they capture an adorable moment in darling Lucy's life, they download the photo to this album, and we all get to share in their joy. 
   


The new Mom and Dad were excited to preserve memories at a company that makes ornaments, shadowboxes, etc.
Lucy, not so much.






If you are having a rough day, check out thechadlife_ on Instagram.  I guarantee you will get a chuckle.









I am a big fan of Steve Martin. 
 His documentary dropped on Apple last night.










I'm a sucker for a sweet love story.


Have a wonderful Easter weekend. 


































































































I've been using this self-tanner/moisturizer for a couple of years and love it
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, the delights of the colonoscopy. Huge congrats to Mister for sailing through. I have one recommendation for those who are facing the charming procedure. Use a straw. Yes, slurp the dreaded cocktail through a straw. Boom. Done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well with the testing. I love seeing the house tours, but fyi, the Mark Sikes link repeats the castle tour. Happy Easter to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you, Katie, can make a colonoscopy prep entertaining!!!
    Happy Easter!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news on the Mister's colonoscopy. My husband unfortunately has to get them every two to three years because his situation is a little scarier. Cologuard is sometimes recommended, but my last one of those came back positive just before Christmas. That meant a colonoscopy anyway a few days after New Year's. The procedure gets riskier as we get older, but better safe than sorry they told me. The good news is that I am also clean as a whistle, plus at my age it is unlikely to have to be repeated because they stop routine screenings at about 70 or 75 (depending on whom you ask) for those of us with low risk. Just a little hopeful customer service announcement for your husband.
    Ellen Shook

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Colonoscopy experience had me laughing out loud. Thanks for giving my day a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you find humor in any situation. It keeps me coming back! I have to have them (the dreaded C) every three years because of a family history. The horrible cocktail made me throw up so now my wonderful doc lets me take pills instead. Made a huge difference in my mood!
    Isn’t this weather beautiful! Be sure and send pics of Lucy in her Easter outfit…Janey in Ft. Worth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know the Mister is healthy. Happy Easter with Baby Lucy! xoxxo Annie G.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness... I giggled through your colonoscopy tale! I recently faced a similar experience with my hubby and, thankfully, there were no big concerns. However, after the procedure the doctor informed us that it wasn't a "clean" scope and that it would need to be repeated (!!!) in a few weeks, just to confirm that all is well! Wish us luck as we go through it all again in late April - thankfully, I'll have your recount on my mind as we do!

    Happy Easter to you and your family... enjoy the cuddles with your little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, please don’t tell the Mister, but I did laugh a tad bit about his colonoscopy adventure. I saw a dear friend of mine at PT and we shared quite the laugh of us in PT. We decided our get togethers are at PT and funeral visitations. What can I say? We are old. Speaking of PT, I think I may have a new knee I can use successfully. If this had been my first replacement, the left one would never have been done. My left shoulder is becoming a pain. My husband has suggested seeing a doctor too many times. I told him if it gets too bad, I will make a sling out of a designer scarf and wear that!

    Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter.

    Xoxo,
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts