Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A Piece of the Hodgepodge Pi




How was your weekend? We kicked ours off at a lovely birthday party at one of the most beautiful homes in the village. The guest of honor and her hubby are so darling. Our accomplished hostess with the mostess outdid herself.

The Mister did a lot of cooking over the weekend for the new Mommy and Daddy.  


Lucy has the same hairline as her Grandpa!



I love her sleeping positions.  Lucy is modeling her most popular pose here.

Today, I am linking up with my friend, Joyce, from This Side of the Pond for Hodgepodge.  Joyce comes up with clever questions, and bloggers like me answer them.


1. Thursday is National Pi Day... are you good at math? What was the last thing you had to calculate? Did you use your head or technology? Last slice of pie you ate?


This shirt sizes up my aptitude for Math.



The last time that I had to figure something out?  I'm pretty sure it was deciphering a sale price, like 50% off plus 15% off and another extra 12% off of a $125.00 purchase.

This hurt my head just typing this.



Brown Eyed Baker

The last piece of pie I enjoyed was a slice of apple pie at Thanksgiving.  We always serve apple pie because it is our favorite son-in-law's favorite. We've got to keep him happy because we have a no-return policy on our #1.

By the way, if you are in the market for an apple pie recipe, you can find the Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe right here.  
 

2. What makes a house a home?



 ~plus ~






3. Your current favorite green thing?


My current green thing is this green sweater.  I like it so much I own it in white and navy.  Lucy liked it, too.



4. How do you define achievement? How does your personal definition look similar to, or different than, society's definition? What's something you think is worth achieving in life?



In my world, contentment is the name of the game. 


5. What song is a good soundtrack for your life right now? 



Take it away, Taylor.
Click here.


6. Insert your own random thought here.  



Lately, our Miss Millie has been getting very expensive. In the past six months, she has been to the vet for everything from allergies to an inverted vulva. I hope you're not eating while you read this. 

Anyway, we have never gotten pet insurance before, and I wanted to know if you have any feedback, i.e., providers, good and/or bad experiences.

It would break my heart if I had to sell the Mister so I could pay the vet bills. 




My granddog, Lemmie, who doesn't think her jammies are nearly as cute as her Mama does.

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

22 comments:

  1. I was thrilled to see your blog link on the Hodgepodge today. No one does the Hodgepodge better than you. Your little Lucy is such a precious doll. I'm so glad you have this early bonding time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never purchased pet insurance but absolutely should have for our current pup. Two big surgeries (eating things he shouldn't). I'm wondering if they're like the companies that insure humans and won't give it to us because he has a pre-existing condition called naughtiness? Nothing sweeter than a newborn baby! Grandparenting is a whole new wonderful world. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well….I was eating but at one time had 4 teenagers in the house so there’s that :)
    We are thankful to have a vet in the family!
    Little Lucy is just the BEST!
    I used to teach my 6th graders percentages by telling them to figure out 10% and go from there…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at Lemmie's expression! Lucy is adorable!!! We've never had pet insurance but someone at church did and they said it really helped with those big vet bills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My daughter’s wonderful dog, Maple, a Bernese Mountain Dog recently had an innovative hip replacement at Michigan State Univ., the first of its kind. The bill was more than people-sized, and they were so happy that they had pet insurance. We have it too, for our little Bernedoodle. We have Physicians Mutual Pet, and it works like any other health insurance plan, after deductibles, etc. Just do your homework and read the policy beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has pet insurance for her German shepherd. It’s saved her $o,ooo.oo of dollars…yes thousands! Dog has lots of problems & some big surgeries. They have paid with no questions asked. Now her vet is recommending it to other clients. You can email me at edie1700@yahoo.com if you’re interested in the name of the insurance. I can ask her. Love your blog & Lucy is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think pet insurance is tricky because many policies only cover regular care. Let us know what you find out. Lucy is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, We have Trupanion for 8 month old Skye and this policy has a $600 deductible but does not cover regular care. They haven't paid for anything yet. I've been lucky with our dogs over the years and kept thinking my luck will run out on this one.

      Delete
  8. Love your pictures of Lucy. Aren’t grandchildren the greatest? We have pet insurance with Nationwide which has pretty much paid for itself and then some every year. Our 8 lb shorkie somehow managed to jump onto our kitchen island and demolish a bag of individually wrapped dark chocolate truffles. Who knew he could jump that high!?! Anyway Nationwide came through on our mammoth vet bill. We included the wellness option which partially reimburses annual checkups, vaccinations and heartworm prevention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had pet insurance for many dogs over the years and it has saved us a ton of money. It won’t work so good for you. If you don’t get it when they are puppies there are many things they will deem as prior conditions. I think you missed the boat. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi from a fan and friend of your friend KTG. I have been long admired your gold script block monogram necklace and it’s lovely chain. Please share the details of the initial size and length, and
      the length and weight . Is this a substantially strong piece? Please reply, and, I look forward to this info.

      Delete
    2. I also would like to know the source and size etc.

      Delete
  11. Yes, we have pet insurance & would recommend it
    Lucy is just wonderful! What a beautiful baby, she even sleeps elegantly. 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just adopted a 9 mo old rescue pug and purchased Spot Pet Insurance that covers wellness and accidents/emergencies. We had pet insurance on our 16 yo pug but never really used it and dropped it her last year of life as it had gotten very expensive. That was VPI pet instance but I think it was bought out by Nations. We will see how this one works out and since we don’t know all her background, thought it was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, a newborn baby, how sweet is that. Your green sweater is lovely. Another Hodgepodger will have a Lucy enter the world soon. That birthday party on the weekend sounded lovely. Happy end of the week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucy is so pretty! I like your green cable knit sweater and I have done the same getting two sweaters in different colors. We love our fur babies, but they can be expensive! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sweater also. I think love plus puppies plus a nice chardonnay is a good equation also. I would eat pie every day, rhubarb is my favorite. The last pie was chicken pot pie from the local farm. Delicious. Happy Wednesday, Annie G.
    Love to Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucy is such a doll! My J is a filthy animal.lately, coming home black every day from the rubber mulch at the daycare playground!
    My sister and her daughter both have pet insurance for their respective dogs. The niece's dog had a $50,000 bill that the insurance more than paid for itself. I'll get details if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to read your Hodgepodge answers this week!
    Lucy is such a beauty and that Taylor S song... be still my heart! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cutie pie!!! Or should I say "pi"..haha. I'm late to the commenting from last week. Haha...love that shirt!! Yikes..percentages are tough for me...I usually need a calculator.That's a beautiful green sweater. I like the quote you shared as well. I knew that was going to be the song pick before I clicked it...I've used that song many times for videos. I don't have pets and my hubby is not a fan, so I'm no help.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts