Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Another Barn Sale?!?


Hello dear friends.  Last weekend, I took the Mister back to the Scarlet Oak, my new favorite restaurant that I enjoyed a delightful lunch with my new bff, Denise.  Unlike my first visit, the weather was positively gorgeous so we opted to dine outdoors.  Again, the food was positively delish.  



On the way home with our tummies full, I eyed this sign on the side of the road.  "Mister, STOP!"  I screamed.  "Can you believe we found another barn sale?"  He answered, "No, I can't" with not quite as much enthusiasm that I had wished.

We got there after lunch so most of the good stuff was gone.  Also, it was not set in the picturesque surroundings of our last barn sale.  But, what the heck, I will never turn my nose up to a barn sale.


















I told this lady I was part of the paparazzi. She wasn't surprised.








We didn't end up buying anything, but it was a good time had by all me.


Hope your day is filled with good finds!








Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

6 comments:

  1. Is a barn sale the New England version of a yard sale? Your hubby is a good sport :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding this sale was like finding the pirate's treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. think I need to roadtrip up to see you so we can get our shop on. went to homegoods today. allegedly. and thought of you. will post pics tomorrow. you'll DIE when you see what was there. I mean die!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! You two need to start following the local auction circuit - it will keep you busy every weekend until your house is exploding at the seams (like mine is!). Hope you are staying dry in all this rain! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Katie Clooney! HELLO! As you speak here, I am warmly reminded of my life back in Beverly, South Hamilton and Rockport Massachusetts! My husband did his M.A. and Ph.D. in Boston, and I started my studies there too. But we milked the experience for what it was worth and went to many "tag" sales! Ipswich, Newburyport, Marblehead, you name it, we were always there!

    Lovely finds here! I hope you are happy with your finds; I just had a "garage" sale this morning and I made a chunk 'o change and I'm happy!

    Thank you kindly for coming to visit today! I need to get on the stick and make another blog post; today marks my official summer vacation until August 25 when school is back in session.

    Have a super day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that mossy wreath with the sea shells….I am going to copy it and make one for the beach house. Love the puppy too!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts