Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Life In Pictures

Happy Wednesday, y'all!  I hate to keep harping on the weather all the time, but holy guacamole! We woke up to 50 mph winds with snow showers.  Our trash is all over our front lawn and I don't care.  Our neighbors must love us.  Stay classy, preppy empty nesters.



not my actual lawn but could be.

Anyway, I have taken tons of photos since we began our kitchen renovation.  I can't remember how long ago it actually started  - it feels like it was sometime in 2010.  The Mister and I have been living without a kitchen for quite awhile now.  Most people would lose weight - not me though - my yoga pants have stretched to the point of exhaustion. I feel a vibe from my mom jeans of pure terror every time I go into my closet for fear that I am going to try to squeeze into them again. Spanx or no spanx it ain't gonna happen.

not my actual derriere but could be.

So this post is all about my life in pictures.  My friend, Ruth, sent me this photo to me this morning and I discovered that this is exactly how I feel.  I try hard, but I still can't make it work.


not my actual selfie but could be.


This trailer has become a staple in our driveway for weeks.  Not sure what exactly goes on in there - but I hope it's all good.



This is our kitchen as of yesterday.  Don't worry, we're keeping that gorgeous bathroom tile.  I told you I have an eye for design.






Those hanging lights are keepers too.


Our new little makeshift kitchen/pantry/doggie spa/laundry room.


I always have to remember not to open that door too wide.


Margarita anyone?


Also referred to as our greenhouse.



My nifty little coffee station outside my bedroom door.


Now can you understand why I can't find anything.


Should I send this over to my friend, Tina, at Enchanted Home, for her Dining Room Love contest? 


Every farm animal you can think of...


Those bags from Homegoods are filled with pillows I bought milliseconds after the woman returned them.  I got behind the returning lady in line and when it was my turn, told the sales lady not to go far with those little pretties as she was taking them off the counter.


The rooster playroom...


No way was I going to clean that chandelier.  The house is loaded with dust.  


This is what I want to order for the kitchen when this is all over.  



This is where I spent the majority of my day on Tuesday.  Notice the word "estimated" next to "waiting time."  They were only off by two hours and twenty-five minutes.  Fun times...


My light at the end of the tunnel.  These precious beauties are growing right outside my front door and Gypsy waters them every day.  Hope they survive our little Springtime storm today.



That's it for my life in photos!  Now you can see what an exciting life I lead.

Have a good one!




Bet they're looking at all my trash on the front lawn!
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

17 comments:

  1. And here I was jealous of Dude's life! Her's pales in comparison to yours!! Three hours at the Registry is just frosting on your cake but at least you are now legal.
    Let the good times role!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you smile and laugh about the chaos - cant wait to see the finished kitchen and what else is blooming in your new yard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like its been rough. It's hard to have a renovation take forever, have your house be overturned while its all going on, and then be stuck in line. My empathy for the upheaval and chaos! Your dry wit shows you're able to laugh while you cry. May all be better soon. Cyber hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun.....FOR ME! But I know for you its gotta be stressful, try to keep your eye on the end of the tunnel which is going to be a GORGEOUS new kitchen, where you can whip up all those gourmet meals (all the while looking like a supermodel)! I know its crazy and hectic and stressful....but you have already done so much. And that dining room picture for the contest...sure why not:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,
    you should be proud, others have been driven to drink or into the hospital with a nervous breakdown, but not you! You're still holding it together with that funny sense of humor! We also had a mini blizzard yesterday but the sun is shinning today, there is hope! Even though spring is taking her sweet time arriving, she will get here eventually and I can't wait!!
    Looking forward to seeing it all when finished!!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. Been there, done that, THREE times! If you can keep your sense of humor and hang in there til it's finished, you'll love the end product. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only scrolled down far enough to read each one and then looked at the photos. It took five minutes to stop laughing so that I could read the next one...at least the trailer works well with the trash...LOL. Thanks for the shout out. with laughter we can get through anything. R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! They would be refilling that vino machine throughout the day!! LOL I think I would have looked at hubby and said, "why did we unpack"???? I know it is going to look fabulous in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will all be worth it in the end!!! Cannot wait to see finished project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crack me up every time. Hang in there! (With the weather and the remodel).

    Can't wait to see it all finished with the "Katie" touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How refreshing to see someone's "real" life in a world of blogging idealism...It will be worth it when it is all done. In the meantime...hugs to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. when the wine dispenser machine arrives call me. i'll be there in a hot minute :) heck I might even move in next door to you, trash in the front yard and all. i'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh- substitute all of your pretties for my moms strewn all about my house and you know exactly how I am coping and feeling! Oy- its a challenge, but can't wait to see when its all done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, please send your photo to Tina for her Dining Room Love event. I'm sure yours will the most wonderful of all the ones entered. Thanks for the bit of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our kitchen renovation took 4 months. Ugh. I'll have to reshare that sometime with my new friends. Can't wait to see when it's done. Looks like fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun post! I can't wait to see the finished product....(your kitchen that is!) have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is funny katie but I'll be in the same boat soon as we commence the building. Im dreading the process. I need the wine dispenser installed asap. Keep your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts