[recent]

Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, May 13, 2013

Chris' Kitchen - Fig & Prosciutto Palmiers


It is with great delight that I present the first installment of Chris' kitchen.

Last week, I spent the morning with Chris while she spun her magic in her kitchen creating a scrumptious appetizer that can also be presented as a darling hostess gift. 



\


Fig and Prosciutto Palmiers

2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed, but chilled)
1/2 cup fig preserves
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated asiago cheese
2 T fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 t black pepper
6 - 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 egg beaten with 2 tsp water

Place 1 unfolded pastry sheet on flat surface.  Spread evenly with 1/4 cup of fig preserves. In a small bowl combine cheeses, rosemary and pepper.  Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese over fig preserves.  Cover the cheese layer with a single layer of prosciutto slices.  Roll up from both long edges, into center, pressing 2 rolls together.  Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and ingredients.  Wrap  each roll tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour.  (May be prepared to this point, placed in freezer bag, and frozen for up to 3 months).  

Preheat oven to 400.  Let the rolls thaw partially before proceeding.  Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices, using serrated knife.  Place, cut side down, on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet, 1-inch apart.  In a small bowl beat 1 egg with 2 tsp water.  Brush over tops of Palmiers and bake 13-18 minutes, until golden and bubbly.





















































Take my word for it... these will be a huge hit at your next party.  As a hostess gift, just wrap in parchment paper and attach a cute little tag and your hostess will be very impressed!



Thank you so much, Chris for agreeing to make such a fabulous contribution to my blog.  I look forward to many more fun days in the kitchen with you!



Have a delicious day!






















Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

10 comments:

  1. What a great recipe - elegant, yet pretty easy too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these do look absolutely delish! Plus they turn out so pretty and to look at it you wouldn't know right away what it is- love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got lots of entertaining coming up next month and will try this. Thanks Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might have to host a cocktail party soon just so I can serve this yummy treat! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I love your new feature and can't wait to try this recipe. Your blog continues to be my favorite! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A foodie at book club has made these for us -- fabulous. Love the picture of Chef Pup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Move over onion dip and potato chips! I'm making these for a party I'm hosting over Memorial Day weekend. They look delicious! You have two of my favorite things on your blog, food and books! I really enjoy your pet pics at the end of each post too. They leave me with a smile. You are my new favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. she looks extremely capable and her presentation is extremely professional. :)

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts


Follow Along on Instagram

Number of photos to show

26

Autoplay Option

yes

Autoplay Speed

4