Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, February 16, 2024

The Friday Files

 




Did you have a good Valentine's Day week?  The Mister and I celebrated at one of our favorite hotspots, R&D Kitchen.  Thirty-four years ago today, the Mister became the luckiest guy in the world when he popped the question in NYC.  I played hard to get - it took me half a millisecond to say yes.




After lunch, we stopped by to see #2 and check in on Lemmy, who had been spayed last week.  I am happy to report she is healing nicely, is back to her old self,  and is cone-free during the day.



Mary Crusius, age 92

I got back into the swing of things with my pickle pals.  Between you and me, I think that we spend more time figuring out who served last than actually making contact with the ball. To say that we are easily distracted is an understatement
 but we sure have fun.



Last but certainly not least, we are officially on baby watch. Lucy is due to make an entrance on March 7th. We are all hoping for an early arrival.  








Take a look at this charming farmhouse on the North Shore of Long Island.








This antiques-filled Newport Beach home will fulfill your charm quotient for the day.









This gorgeous Texas home is not to be missed.




This book looks really good.  Here is the backstory.






Good News for those planning a trip to some European countries.






Need some ideas for your bucket list?
Click here.








I enjoyed this article about what it's like to be married to a cruise ship entertainer.
Watch out, Mister, I may take my act on the seas.







The Mister sent me this article about telling the younger set how things used to be.





Here is a crash course for first-time grandparents.






If you enjoy gardening or just love pretty flowers, you will love following Colin Stark @starkblooms on Instagram. His posts are packed with interesting info sprinkled with a dash of humor.  His website is Stark Blooms





Do you follow my friend, Cindy Hattersley?  Cindy is not only a gifted interior designer, but she has impeccable personal style, which she shares on her blog as well as Instagram @cindyhattersley.  







Instagram is abuzz about Lindsey Leigh's jewelry cleaner.  I tried it, and I give it a huge thumbs up.



Both of my girls own pieces from Lindsey Leigh's jewelry collection and a mile-long wishlist ready at a moment's notice. 






If you are watching this, you will enjoy this story.












Extra 50% sale prices!


Love these tissue turtles for under blazers.


Unbelievable price!


Same here!


And here!

And here!



The perfect pant





Yup, you guessed it.
It's me.




















Cashmere! Lots of colors!


Lots of colors!





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

4 comments:

  1. Great finds as always...I need to start watching Feud! Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am honored to be featured here! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby watch - wow!!! I am so excited for your family. Always love reading your posts Katie!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for Baby Lucy to arrive is so hard…#1 looks beautiful in her profile and the baby’s room is so pretty and serene.Love the wall color. Oh Lucy we’re ready and waiting for you!🎀

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts