Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Hostess with the Mostess Gifts

 




I hope that this post finds you well.  

The Mister and I had a very productive weekend.



We decked the halls, and the Mister put up the outside wreaths.  It was a world record - no spats or calls to the divorce lawyer this year. 



Our supervisor was pleased as well.





'Tis the season for hostess gifts.  
Let's go shopping!
 



Great price!







I found these darling gift bags at one of my favorite sites, Rock Flower Paper.  Many of you asked me where I bought the cover-up I posted last month.  It's the same place!  They have the cutest things and great prices.



I also picked up this darling tray and napkins.






A new grandparent cannot have enough frames.





This is a cute idea.  You can upload famous works of art on your TV.  It's a great way to teach the little ones about art history.





 I am visiting my Sista soon, and I am bringing this.  

Let the games begin!





Amazon



A gift for the whole family!






You could tie a pretty ribbon around the board and book, and you will be the hit of the party.



And if you want to make a BIG impact...









Sooo cute!

















Salt and pepper shakers are always a good idea.




The Mister loves giving and getting olive oil.





I have a friend who loves the nodpods for sleeping and headache relief.  I think I will invest in one for travel.  I always have trouble sleeping the first night away.
















For the friend who claims she doesn't indulge.






This reminds me of sweet Chowdah.







We have one of these and love it.

















Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving without Sista's book!












This book is a great idea for the hostess who appreciates good recipes and loves to laugh.





How beautiful is this cover!? 







For the host who is one of those people who need people and has plenty of time (992 pages) on his/her hands.





The greatest compliment you can give the hostess.








Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

16 comments:

  1. They are pretty big. I bought them about 20 years ago at Tuesday morning. I can't believe they survived puppies and 4 moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, is it in bad taste if I host a party and then send each guest your blog post? Might be a subtle way for me to tell them to bring me one of these hostess gifts. Thoughts??
    Ha!! I love everything here!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the recommendations, especially the cover up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Tanya - the Other Side of the Road

      Delete
  4. Thanks Katie! Going to check out a few of your recommendations!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was excellent! I truly enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie! I have sista’s cookbook on my counter! You & musta are a week ahead of us in decor. We like to wait ( procrastinate) until the windchill hits us hard to haul out the lights ! We are headed to NYC for Thanksgiving with “ baby Evan.” laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Gobble Gobble which has fabulous ideas and recipes for the holidays which makes it a great Christmas gift as well! Also like giving Sophistication is Overated. M & G is my go to for personalized gifts. Your recs are spot on! KTG

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the post!!! You are so together. Caring for elderly parents has me waayyyy behind. My friends and I have decided we have enough stuff - so we just give consumables or experiences! But I may have to get the Corksicle thing for white wine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring my Boards book! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for publishing a wonderful stories. It just great! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah! It’s simple article, yet effective for who will read this. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Extremely helpful info. I love this article of yours. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good article Very thank ful Cheers! Excellent writing goodjob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a good blog, Thank you for sharing. Keep on blogging buddy

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts