Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, February 24, 2019

February Books, TV, & Movies



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you are having a good weekend.  I have spent most of mine in bed with a miserable cold. It's not so bad because it is a horrible icky day - cold and rainy.
I need to get better in a hurry because I have a fun week ahead.








I found myself holding my breath while listening to this entire book.
This thriller moves at a rapid pace.
  Warning:  there are some gory scenes.



I enjoyed this story about a privileged family that adopts a girl brought up in the wilderness.



I listened to this book.  The narration added a lot to the creep factor of the twisted tale. 




This is the story of a Jewish woman who is hired by a wealthy couple to tutor a precocious teen with polio.  
I adored this book.



Amazon

They were the perfect Hollywood couple.  
Then why did she shoot him five times? 

No one knows because she went silent after the murder. 
My fellow bookstagrammers loved this book.  I thought it was very good but felt that it was 50 pages too long.



Amazon

One of my favorite authors did it again.  
She would have gotten 5 stars, but I wasn't crazy about the ending.
This thriller moves quickly, and I couldn't put it down.




I am hosting our April book club.  I have spent a couple of months searching for my pick.  The following two books are contenders.




Amazon

I am listening to this wonderful story about three friends that have signed up to be Red Cross volunteers.  



Amazon

I'm really enjoying this story about two women lighthouse keepers.  It's a fictional account based on their true stories.





A woman finds an abandoned suitcase full of photos in Grand Central Station.  I loved The Orphan's Tale, and I hope that this one is just as good.




After Nina's father dies, she begins to question every man in her life.




Daphne throws her Mother's yearbook in the recycle bin.  A nosy neighbor who also happens to be a documentary filmmaker takes it and starts doing some research.




Two brothers work together in the Australian outback to find out the root of their brother's death.





A woman is dealing with the loss of a baby and the mounting bills of infertility treatments.  




A poet is asked where her inspiration was derived in writing her latest work.  She shares her family's story of betrayal.




An English journalist and a Russian bomber pilot join forces to hunt down a Nazi spy who is living underground in America.




A pregnant teenager jumps off a bridge and ends up brain dead.  Her Mother steps in to find out what really happened.



A Vogue model turns into a world-renowned photographer.
I'll be able to relate to the Vogue model character.  






I've watched the first two episodes of RHBH.  I think that Denise Richards is a welcome addition.  I am also happy that Vanderpump is making an exit.




If you haven't seen the 2010 version of Upstairs Downstairs, you must.  One of my favorite actresses, Keeley Hawes, steals the show. 




I've spent a lot of time watching The Grand while nursing my cold.  If you relish a British drama, you will really enjoy this one.









All I can say is that I hope that Glenn Close wins the Oscar for this one.

Speaking of the Oscars, I told the Mister to cancel our private jet for tonight.  I don't want to spread my germs while air kissing all of my famous star friends.


Until next time...


Is Chili cheating on me?

Linking up with:

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

14 comments:

  1. Good morning! I love ready your book posts! I have added a few of these to my amazon cart. As for the Wife I have not seen it but I hears it was great, I will watch it this week based upon your recommendation.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read The Last Mrs Parish? Loved it! Did you watch the NJ reunion - it was WILD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me laugh. I haven't read any of those books but a few look intriguing. I hope you are feeling better. Have a great week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to be done reading for educational purposes...I have so many books to read...I am excited about both of your possible choices for book club because Beantown Girls speaks to the Boston girl in me and because I am a milkman's daughter, I am always up for reading about other daughters as in the Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter....take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Downton so will be watching Up and Down. I've never seen the original series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all of the books. Hope you feel better soon. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martha Hall Kelly has a new book coming too .. Lost Roses .. can not wait. I could not put Lilac Girls down.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHEN DO YOU HAVE TIME TO READ BEING THAT GORGEOUS TROPHY WIFE AND ALL!!!!!!??
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I read your book posts I end up with too many more titles to add to my list. Kate Quinn? I'm in -- love her! And is the Grand on netflix? Hope so. Your lists always rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the two British drama recommendations. Sorry to hear that cold is stubbornly hanging on ... feel better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just noticed that the Beantown book is FREE on Kindle with PRIME reading. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Katie! Hope you feel better soon!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to learn you were under the weather this weekend, Sis. Hope you bounced back quickly and were able to do all of the lovely things you had planned for the week. And your reading list is extraordinarily enticing. I'll wager you've already read it and blogged about it brilliantly but my new fave is Dangerous Crossing by Rachel Rhys. I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I hope you are feeling better! I always enjoy your book lists, I see several that look quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts