Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

My Favorite Things/Amazon Style


Hello, dear friends.  How is your week going?  We have been experiencing gorgeous weather here in Massachusetts the past couple of days.  The Pats are going to have a picture-perfect day for their parade today.

Today I am linking up with Tanya at The Other Side of the Road for Prime Purchases.   Bloggers get together to post a list all of their recent buys on Amazon. A few of my purchases are reorders of products that I have mentioned previously. 

As a side note, I will be out-of-pocket for a little while.  No need to worry - I'm just off renewing my Supermodel Trophy Wife license.  





The Mister gave me one of these knit hats equipped with earphones for Christmas.  I am amazed at the quality of the sound.





I love this self-tanner.
  It is so natural looking and it doesn't streak or turn orange.
It also smells great.






No more dark knuckles and cuticles after using a self-tanner for me.  
I now use this mitt.





There are very few products that are self-tanners and have SPF in them.  I've been using this one for a couple of years.





I replenished my supply of my favorite rich body cream.






This sunscreen for the face is so light and gives great protection.







These insoles make my walk bearable.
No more plantar fasciitis for moi. 





Amazon

We've been going through bags of these pill pockets, thanks to Chili's "issues." 




I haven't suffered from dry eye since I started taking a couple of these every morning.





My favorite foundation that offers sun protection as well as buildable coverage.




We have a Tempurpedic bed with a big, fat mattress.  We were told that the only sheets that would fit the bed had to be bought through Tempurpedic.  Not only were the sheets expensive, I didn't like the feel of them.  I took a chance and ordered these extra deep-pocket sheets.  They fit perfectly, they are very soft, and the set comes with four king pillowcases.  An added bonus:  they are reasonably priced.  







The Mister gave me a new fancy-schmancy purse for Christmas.  It's fairly large and I had problems locating things in it. I ordered a medium sized purse organizer and it worked like a charm.  
Now the Mister can't call my bag the Bermuda Triangle anymore! 



I liked it so much that I ordered an extra large one for my new tote!



I recently got a new phone so I ordered this packet of screen savers.  
The Mister put it on for me and raved about the quality.  






I purchased the Audible of this book.
If you love spine-tingling thrillers, this book is for you. 



I just started this one on Audible.



I'm reading and enjoying this novel a lot.


Until next time...




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

32 comments:

  1. Love that purse organizer....and self tanner with a nice smell! Win Win. I have a product that I like as a tanner but he smell is awful! Deep pocket sheets....I need those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about the self tanners! I'm definitely going to check out that one with the spf. I recently saw the collagen lotion at Sam's club. Great finds, as usual. Thank you so much for linking up to Prime Purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pill pockets are the best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww.....is our ms Katie off for some wedding planning fun????!!! This is going to be one of the most memorable yrs of your lives...savor each moment. Make mental notes. You’ll replay it in your heart a million times!!!
    Love your lists. You have no idea how much money you make me spend!! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - pill pockets are the best invention ever!!!!
    & yes, & thank you - I'm adding the purse organizer to my cart right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I already have a couple of these items and those purse organizers are perfect for purses. I'm all about being organized for sure! I bet you are loving that new phone. I'm working my way through the IPhone Academy and learning so much about what this "fancy smancy" camera will do. We'll sure miss you while your gone but will be right here waiting on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I think I need to hop on the purse organizer train! Also, that picture at the top of your blog...is that your house?! If so, it's GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I might be embarrassed showing all of the stuff I have purchased lately on Amazon!! I can tell you love it too!
    I have to try that purse organizer!
    Also it is fun to get recommendations on beauty products - too many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I can always count on you to bring us the best! I love those purse organizers! That is so awesome that the sheets worked out! Hope you’re having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Katie! All I seem to buy at Amazon is paint, books and ink for my printer!

    Have a fun time! We want details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great time taking a respite and come back renewed. Elta makes a tinted moisturizer that has great sunscreen. I use it daily in place of makeup and my rosacea has gone completely away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm seriously considering a purse organizer like the one you mentioned. I had to clean out my purse a few hours ago and may have had a few choice words go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to check out those sheets. We love our Tempurpedic mattress and I haven't had a problem getting deep-pocket sheets to fit it but soft would be nice! Thanks always for all the great recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy your lists. I honestly put at least half of your list on my shopping list. Thanks for saving me some time by finding some really great 'must have' items for me! :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie, I sure enjoyed looking at all the things you have shown. I am going back to check some of them out. Purse organizer sounds like just what I need! I am always "digging" in the purse as my man says! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the idea of the purse organizer, but worry - does it add much extra weight to your purse?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to hear about your favorite things! I need that organizer and a new purse! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miss you already, but know the value of renewal time. Your absence will give me time to catch up on renewing my supply of some of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need that purse organizer as soon as possible! That foundation powder is my very,very favorite. I reorder it all the time

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of great finds! I'm glad you found a self tanner that works!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOOKS Like YOU have THE STUFF nailed down!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. These purse organizers are the best thing since sliced bread...I have used one version or another for years. Gotta love Amazon for keeping us all spending our $$! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoy your Amazon days of sharing. I always find a couple of things I didn't know how much I needed! I have to get the purse organizer for the tote. I think it will make it so much easier when I change bags. I am always looking for a light sunscreen for my face, can't tolerate a thick one. Thanks for the suggestions. Have fun where in the world you are going!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bought one of those music caps for my son in law for Christmas and he loves it! I like the St. Tropez self tanner too, I need to get a new one! It's fun to see what people are buying!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am ordering the sheets today! We have a Saatva mattress and have had a time trying to find sheets that fit. Thanks for the info Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this post, it is always great to get real reviews fro people about what they like and buy on Amazon! Love the pill pockets, my pips love them. The purse organizer is a must, it is a pain to find stuff in my bags sometimes. As always I cannot wait to order your book recommendations! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Katie...I have also used a few of these products and love them. I found some I want to try and as always, thank you for the recommendations...have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What's Not Our Kind about? It looks interesting! Your purse organizer looks like a great idea. I also hate bottomless pit purses!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A purse organizer is just what I need. Thank you for compiling this list, I need to place some orders!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Katie, I haven't seen a post in almost 2 weeks. I just want to make sure you are OK and wondering if it's something with my emails again. Anyway, I am missing you and your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Katie mentioned she was taking some time off in her last post.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope I start to receive your posts again soon. I agree with you that several of these items are terrific: Jergen's Natural Glow, Elta MD sunscreen (I like the tinted sunscreen), Sparin phone screen savers, Omega D, purse organizer.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts