Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

christmas thresholds

Hello, my name is Katie Clooney and I am addicted to Pinterest.  OK, there I said it.  I should be feeling better any minute now.

In the old days, when the Mister and I were in the market to buy a house, we could tell whether we liked a house right away by taking a first glance from the car.  Now, when we peruse Realtor.com (just for the heck of it) all we need to see is the outside of the house.  That one step will determine whether we would venture inside the house to see more.  There's no doubt about it, the Mister and I are very shallow.  We can judge any book by its cover.  Just ask us.

So, this brings me to thresholds.  I can tell guess whether the house is gorgeous inside just by peeking through Pinterest at all the beautiful entryways.

As with every Pinterest blog I post, I cannot take credit for one blessed thing.  If by chance one of these gorgeous thresholds is yours, email me and ask me over.  I want to be your friend.  I told you I am shallow.


Sooo pretty. 



Incredible.


Not really a threshold, but fell in love with this photo.
 

Positively in love with the red door and the garland.
 
 
I picked this picture out originally thinking these fabulous wreaths were on front doors, then I put my second pair of readers on and realized these are pantry or cabinet doors.  Whatever...love the gorgeous simplicity of the wreaths.     
 
 
 
J'adore the door.
  (reminder - I took 10 years of French 1).
 
 
 
Casual elegance. 
 
 
 
Love the beautiful glass globes. 
 
 
I have a feeling these people throw a really great Christmas party. 

Lovin' the red.
 

 
This really isn't a threshold... but again, this picture steals my heart.  





 
Very formal and pretty.
 
 
 Yowza!!! I bet these people give great gifts!  How do I get on their list?

  

Beautiful.  Hydrangeas are my favorites.
 


Can't stand how darn cute this picture is!


3 guesses who lives here, and if you're reading this, I have been really good this year.  Don't believe a word otherwise. 
 


 
My favorite of all!  Love the red door, door knocker, boxwood wreaths, and especially those two handsome guys giving me the "Come Hither" stare.
 
 *****
 
 
 Hope you're as relaxed this Wednesday as this guy!
 
 
 
 
 


Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

3 comments:

  1. So so pretty! So so NOT like my door! Thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, loved the commentary as much as I did the beautiful pics. Yes, Pinterest can suck in you and never let go:) Guess its a good thing I have been too busy to get there as much as I would like. Loved the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Now I need to go re-work my door!! Jane

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts