Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, December 31, 2012

La Posada

Hi Everyone!  I'm baaaack!!!  I've been cruisin' around the Caribbean over Christmas.  Hope y'all had a wonderful holiday!
I wrote this blog a couple of weeks ago when I got back from Sante Fe.

*****

KTG and Big Mac dropped us off at Sante Fe airport on Sunday afternoon after spending a fabulous weekend at their gorgeous home.  When we arrived, snow flurries were in the air.  An hour and forty minutes later, four inches of snow painted the ground.  Three hours later, our flight was cancelled.  The roads were blanketed with sheets of ice and snow.  
 
The Mister stood in line for over an hour to re-book our tickets for the following day and while he was waiting made a hotel reservation.  Meanwhile, I was designated to sit on my big fat rear end and guard our bags. We are such a great travelling team! We did not want to overstay our welcome and have our dear friends risk their lives while attempting a rescue mission for us.
 
The Mister walked back from the ticket desk with hunched shoulders and told me he had good news and bad news.  (If I had a dime for every good news/bad news conversation that we have shared in our marriage, I could buy every item in the Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog for every one of Duggars).  

The bad news was that we couldn't fly back until the next day at 5PM.  The good news was he made a reservation at La Posada and hired a shuttle to take us there.  Yeah!  If I couldn't go back to Big Mac and KTG's palatial estate, at least I could stay at a nice hotel.

  And the best part of the entire predicament was the weather was supposed to clear overnight, so we would be able to fit in some more quality time with KTG and Big Mac.  Talk about silver linings!!!! 



 
The drive to the hotel was treacherous but well worth it.  We had a beautiful room and the bar and grill were still open.  Oh happy day!!!
 
 
 
 
Hot cider was awaiting us when we arrived.
 
 
Our new love nest.
 
 
 

OK, now we're talking.  
Our new home away from home.
 
 
We sat in two comfy, overstuffed chairs right in front of that fireplace and drank great wine and feasted on delicious hors d'oeuvres and sang "Let It Snow, Let it Snow, Let It Snow!"
Or then again, maybe that was just me singing. The Mister was on his blackberry trying to re-organize his week.

 
 
 

Wait a minute.... who took this picture of the Mister and me?  The paparazzi must have been sneaking around the corner and we didn't even know it!
 
 
 
Beautiful library 
 
 
 
La Posada is covered with beautiful artwork - all for sale.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It all turned out perfectly because we were able to share another delicious lunch with KTG and Big Mac the next day.
This is a picture of the Mister on the phone pleading with the cab company to hurry up because his super model trophy wife is driving him c-r-a-z-y!!!
 
 
 *****
 
"Cheers to the new year and another chance for us to get it right."
 
Oprah Winfrey
 
 
 
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

7 comments:

  1. Cute! I love someone who can turn lemonade out of lemons and you my friend did just that! I hope you had a fabulous time....the picture of "you" sitting by the fire, and me imagining you singing.....really set the scene! Cozy, beautiful and elegant, what could be better! Glad you got to go on your trip...wishing you the best in 2013, may it bring you much happiness, good fortune and laughter! Cheers to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina... Not only do you write the best blog in the world, you leave the sweetest comments. I wish you as much happiness this year as you give your devoted readers with every blogpost!

      Delete
  2. If you had to be snowed in, what a fabulous place to snuggle up in! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gee, those Duggars needed those presents. Seriously, could you have gotten snowed in at a more fabulous place. I think I might possibly be drooling on my laptop. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you left heaven why?! I'd be more than happy to be snowed in ... for many days!

    Have a fun bringing in the new year!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! It looks like the delayed flight was a good thing indeed! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The roads were blanketed with sheets of ice and snow.
    airport parking Luton

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts