Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, September 18, 2017

A Heavenly Living Room Renovation

Hello, dear friends.  I hope you had a good weekend.  Rumor has it that a hurricane is headed towards my neck of the woods.  
No way, Jose!


Miss Daisy loves making new friends.

On Friday, I was invited to my cousin, Louise's beautiful home for lunch.  Our friend, Doris joined us, and I had great fun catching up with these lovely ladies over chardonnay and lobster salad.  Afterwards, Louise gave me a tour of her charming town, Milton.  It was a perfect way to begin the weekend.


*****

I have a treat for you today.  Over the Summer, my friend, Anne invited us for dinner.  Afterward, we attended a reading by the author Amor Towles in town. 

Anne and Rodger just had their living room redecorated by one of my favorite decorating firms, Grapevine Interiors.  I stalk them on Instagram, and they never disappoint.


We began the evening with cocktails out on Anne and Rodger's darling porch.






As always, Anne did not disappoint with the dinner.  



She served the most delicious salad with chicken.  The recipe can be found in this cookbook.


And the dessert was to die for.  
This peach tart recipe can be found here.




Anne's living room looked beautiful before, but now it is positively stunning.  Grapevine Interiors chose the paint color by Ball & Farrow #9811 and it is magnificent.



You can't help but smile when you walk into this inviting room.





I love this navy and white fabric on this loveseat and it compliments the paint color beautifully.  



It is such a comfortable, warm room. 
Don't tell Anne but I wanted to steal those pillows on the couch.









This tray of silver accessories is the perfect accompaniment to Anne's antique table.



As you can see, Anne and Rodger's home is the epitome of New England charm. They are also superb hosts which is the ideal combination for a delightful evening.

Until next time...






Chili says:
Go Away, Jose!!!

Linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday
Coastal Charm
Metamorphisis Monday
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

28 comments:

  1. I'm with Chili, go away Jose! Anne's porch and wall color has me swooning! What fun, her home appears so HAPPY! Speaking of happy, have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the colors and the beautiful ways she uses her space. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct, the room is stunning. I love those orange walls. You captured it all well with your photographs. Thanks for sharing, as you know we ladies love to see pretty rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This home is warm, inviting and elegant! I know how much you enjoyed the dinner and the evening with friends...New Englad charm at it's finest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. It looks like it is straight from a magazine. I could live there!! Lovely! Going to check out the recipe now. That salad looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a lover of "color" I love Ann's living room! Wekk in favt everything is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always seem to visit some of the most gorgeous homes. Lucky you!!! I love the navy stripe on the couch/setee. And, the room color is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful home, and that food looks like it could be in a magazine! Look forward to catching up on your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to add Grapevine Interiors to my Instagram!! Lovely room. Blue and white is always a winner. Is that color red or orange Katie. It reads orange but i know the camera can fool the eye. I have always wanted a red room but never had the courage to pull the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lordy, do I need to worry about early onset, Sis? I truly don't remember our Cousin Louise. She looks lovely though. And those tomato soup walls over at Anne's!!! Zowee. Love them. And also the cozy little area under the stairs and the porch. How fun.
    I'm now hearing rumblings about Maria, Jose seems to have left the building. I hope it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming home! I could spend hours on their screened in porch with that beautiful wicker, and the color combo in the living room is one of my favs. Love the wall color. The area tucked in under the stairs is fantastic. Thanks for the links. I'm making the peach tart asap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love when you share homes you have visited. I can't say how much I enjoyed this post. That porch---heavenly. I would spend eery minute there---just give me a cot!

    The salad with chicken is just perfect fare for friends. Sometimes we overthink, or just prepare the same old quiche and fruit!!! Lovely.

    Thanks for a great share, Katie!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your friend's home is definitely the perfect charming New England style and her silver bits collection is fascinating. I would be picking them up to play with! Let's hope José stays away!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun evening and a beautiful home. Just love the color of her living room and how cute is the bar in the stairwell...love it!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katie, yes, Anne and Roger's home is so charming. I loved so much about it, the gorgeous color, the sweet love seat in front of the windows, all of it.....Lovely friends and a lunch what bettter way to start a weekend..Hope you don't have to deal with a hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never underestimate the delight of a porch in New England.
    I like how the living room color makes everything else pop.
    Thanks to you and Anne for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful home and fabulous dinner. Anne and Roger rocked it. I never would have picked that color in a million years but it looks so fabulous that I wonder why I never thought of it. Brave choice and an excellent one. Everything looks great from the porch to the dinner and the new room. What a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love a good home peek, and recipes too! Love all the great fabrics she used,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful home! Any chance you could talk your friend Anne into giving us a peek at that green room visible from the dining space? Grapevine Interiors did indeed do a wonderful job. I love the vibrant walls and the more modern fabric on the loveseat -- nice unexpected juxtaposition. Now I am going to check out the recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors in this New England home. Blue and orange - yes, please! That tray of silver accessories is to die for - and all polished too. Who does that besides Anne and my sister???
    No way, Jose, don't you know the way to San Jose? Take care. Hope it doesn't make a mess of the NEast coast this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful and inviting home. I love the paint with all of the blue accents! Stay safe in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So warm and cozy!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that wall color! Adds so much life to the room. Hoping you will be missed by Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love this home! The use of color is fabulous! Hope all is calm there today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete
  26. DuPaint are a leading painting company in Sydney, Australia.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts