Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, March 30, 2015

Wonderful friends & A Great Book

Hello dear friends.  Despite the snowfall, the Mister and I enjoyed our weekend.  Saturday, we spent some time at our weekend home-away-from-home, BJ's.  For those of you who don't know what BJ's is, it is like Sam's or Costco.  Large quantities for large families.  We had no business being there.  We always buy way too much.  We  bought enough paper towels and Tide Pods to last us a life time.  And perhaps even our children's lifetime.








Saturday night, we met my new BFF, Anne and her charming husband Roger, for dinner.  It was the first time that we met each other's husbands.  We all hit it off famously and it felt like we knew each other forever. 


*****







I equate a good book with a gooey hot fudge sundae.  I like to read it slowly and revel in every syllable.  This is exactly how I felt about Kristy Woodson Harvey's debut novel, Dear Carolina.






Kristy and her mother, Beth, are at the helm of the fabulous blog, Design Chic.  I have been following their design/fashion blog since its beginning.  Kristy was kind enough to send me an advance copy of Dear Carolina.

Dear Carolina is the story of two strong southern women, Khaki and Jodi.  Khaki has everything, or at least almost everything.  She is married to the epitome of a southern gentlemen, is the mother to a darling son, and has a thriving home design business.  Jodi, who happens to be her husband's cousin, has not been dealt the same lucky hand in life.  She has struggled with demons as well bad choices in men. But Jodi holds something that Khaki wants.


The characters in this novel are well-rounded and charming.  Kristy writes with southern style and knows how to deliver a great tale of love, complicated family relationships, and heart-wrenching sacrifice.


Dear Carolina will be released on May 5th on Kindle and in paperback.  It is available on Amazon for pre-order.  This book is southern chic lit at its best.


Happy Monday!











Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Katie! I'm so glad you enjoyed Dear Carolina!! xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it a lovely book, I started speaking with a Southern accent by the time I was done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southern chic lit? That's my life! Isn't it funny we never describe a character as a weak Southern woman. She's always strong. I guess the weak ones don't get books written about them. I'll definitely have to check this story out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time with friends. That book sounds wonderful. Love Southern books! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I declare Katie...what a wonderful opportunity for new friends and a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made my day! Thank you so much for your kind words about Kristy's book…you're the best!!
    xobeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sounds like a great read! May just have to go over to Amazon and pre-order it. Have yourself a wonderful Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you please end all your posts with a photo of a puppy AND a bunny?? Pretty please?? I know for a fact that viewing this sort of photo causes mega endorphins to be released... and after reading the word "snowfall" in your two-days-from-April post, it's vital to our sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the book rec. So much fun on Sat!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have THE best book recommendations and reviews! Can't wait to read Dear Carolina. Hope you are having a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came across your blog somehow. I could stare at pictures of your home for days! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book sounds fantastic! Reminds me of the Southern version of an Elin Hildebrand novel, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Book sounds like a great vacation read! Hope you had fun on your double date

    ReplyDelete
  15. The book sounds good. I am always admiring your photos at the end of your post and this one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts