Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Saturday, June 21, 2014

a bowl of chowdah

Hi.. allow me to introduce myself.  I know you have already seen a few photos of me so you know what I look like.  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing me in living color - 
this is me.


Can I hear some oooohs and aaaaahs out there?


My name is Chowdah.  Yeah, I know. 
Why would anybody name their kid after a bowl of soup?  Whatevah...



My Mom and Dad came to my kennel a couple of months ago.  My old Mom is a breeder.  She doesn't do the breeding herself - she has some help.  

My new Mom told my old Mom that she was looking for a girl puppy and wanted to play with my two sisters. My bro and I sat back and watched.  We knew they were divas... we called them lohan and gaga behind their backs.



Source
My sisters and bros.  I'm the cute one.

As my sisters were jumping all over the place making a  fool of themselves, my new Mom kept looking back at me in the kennel.  Let's just say my middle name is "eye contact."  I sat calmly watching my sisters acting like slobbering goofballs.  Before I knew it, they were back in the pen where they should be and I was licking my new mom's cute little cankle.  She bent down and petted me and talked to me sweetly.  She told me that I reminded her of somebody named Gypsy.  She asked my future dad what he thought and he told her it was her decision.  It was her birthday present.


Source
This isn't me... but it could be because one of my favorite food groups is slippers.



As it turned out, it was my birthday.  My Mom and Dad chose me.  I was so happy.  Good bye noisy sisters and smelly brothers and cold floors covered in sawdust.  



Hello ... spoiled rotten!!


Dad and me on our way home!


I've gotta say I was enormously a teensy weensy  disappointed to find when I arrived at my new home that there weren't any little kids in sight.  Looks like it's gonna be a long life entertaining these two middle aged "new" parents who do nothing but talk "baby talk" to me.




So here's my conundrum.  I think that my Mom and Dad  have changed my name without telling me.  They keep calling me "No No" or "No Chew" and the one I hear most often is "NO BITE!" Let's just say I like to get up close and personal with my new surroundings. 



When my Mom told me that I would be a "working" dog, I figured I would be a hunter or a herder.  Au contraire!  My job is being a correspondent.  For gosh sakes, why didn't they just call me Geraldo!?!



So here is the lo-down on my life with new Mom and Dad.



Here I am after my first grooming appointment.  To tell you the truth, I thought I looked pretty good before



This was 20 minutes after I got home from my appointment.  
Mom changed my name again to "No Dig!"
Looks more like a mug shot than a pet portrait to me!



Mom told me I have to stay in the laundry room 'til she can hose me off.  I sense disappointment in her tone.



My Mom is taking me to puppy school to learn some "manners."  These are our pics of our latest class.





Three...



Two......



One....

Miss Paula asked us to leave 20 minutes early because I was supposedly not listening...

Whatevah...


Anywho...

This is one of my favorite things in the whole world!  It is my outside water bowl.  Dad ran it over with his car last night but it still works.  I love to take it and hide it in funny places and then bark at the door 'til Mom comes and goes out in the yard and tries to find it.  


I'm taking it out to my favorite hiding place in the big bushes.  Mom loves to climb through them!  She says funny 4-letter words that I am not allowed to tell the neighbors she says.  I have a feeling they can hear her, though.


Don't tell her I'm here!!!  She's gonna laugh her sides off when she finds out she has to climb through poison ivy to find me!!!


Anybody out there interested in adopting a goldendoodle that's been blessed with good looks and an extra helping of youthful exuberance?










Some outtakes of Mom editing my post.  
Obviously, we were not on the same page.

Sorry Mom took her make up off and you can see the icky laundry room otherwise known as Chowdah's boudoir.










Mom says "I give up!"

Just another day in Paradise!!



Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

23 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! But oh how FUNNY! Your BEST blog post to date! I laughed till my sides hurt!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Candace. Chowdah says if I don't mind my P's & Q's I'm gonna get fired!!

      Delete
  2. loved this post! still laughing at the cankle comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, had the best laugh this morning with this post. It has been a very long time (my 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are 8 and 12) since I have had a puppy, and Chowdah looks like he is a VERY active puppy, but he is the cutest, and how does he think of all his mischief that he gets into each day. Don't you just we had 1/2 of that energy? Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Chowda is more adorable & busy. This is the best read of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ya girlfriend, but that is hilarious!!! Ya just gotta love a new puppy. Despite our having two still, I think hubby would die for another Golden...might not after I show him this post. LOL Thanks for the chuckles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with him!! He reminds me of my late goofy lab Hogan , what a mush!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohs and aaaaahs for sure! This has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever read and it's true! I am laughing and it feels great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooh! Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Too darn cute! My Mocha and Panda wanna play with Chowdah :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too funny...you and Chowdah need your own show. HELLO BRAVO!!!!!!!!!????????

    So very sweet......lucky little guy. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! So funny! I especially liked the photo of Chowdah with his black paws and snout. Yikes! I noticed in your outtakes that a little wine always helps. Thanks for all the laughs today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Katie this is the best post yet! I thought Gypsy was entertaining but Chowdah is hysterical! Just like a boy to dig in the dirt!! Hope he hasn't been banished from Manners School aka Obedience School but I think this boy has a mind of his own.
    Thank you Chowdah for graciously posting and on a Saturday yet! Hope you have been paid overtime rates.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post is hilarious! Chowdah is adorable and his antics remind me of our Wheaten terrier, Sadie, when she was a puppy.
    The funniest is that he he hides his water bowl.
    Thanks for making me smile before I finished my first cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laughing OUT LOUD!!! Too funny! My three dawgs would definitely give you a run for your money!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chowdah is so cute! He needs an Instagram page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sensed disappointment in her tone...so witty. Have fun, all giggles over there I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, Chowdah, if you can make your way to Wisconsin, I'll spoil you rotten and buy you every chew toy imaginable til you get out of your puppy stage... Which should be in another year or so. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my. Chowah is adorable! I love dogs (not a cat person at all). You are going to have fun with this one. Thanks for visiting my blog about St. Andrews. I hope if you make the trip you travel up through the coast of Maine as it's very beautiful, although the I-95 is faster. Have a great week! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous story! That Chowdah is one clever pup and quite brilliant at wrapping mom and dad around his little paw! Too bad that Miss Paula didn't find humor in Chowdah's fun loving spirit during puppy class. Her loss, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this blog about Chowdah - he's adorable - how can you stay mad at that face. I wish every dog could find a great home to be loved as much as your pup is. Thanks for sharing.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Chowdah....don't give up, you will get those new parents of yours trained to your satisfaction in no time at all. It is obvious that you already have the wrapped around your pretty little paw...and that is the first step. Your such a doll-dog!!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts