Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Gift Guide for the Entertaining Mom

 


Hello, dear friends.  
I hope that you had a good weekend.  
Ours was a lot of fun.  


We caught up with our Happy Hour buds on Friday night, and Saturday, we had some friends for dinner.  Here's a pic of our fabulous meal ala the Mister.  Sunday, we crashed.  This old grey mare she ain't what she used to be.

Speaking of which, it's my birthday, and I'll cry if I want to!  
Why would I cry, you ask?
Because today I am getting a crown.


Not this kind.


This kind.
Some people have all the luck.


 When my #2 was about 4 years old, she asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day.  
I told her two good little girls.  
She furrowed her brow and thought for a minute.  
She then asked what's your second choice?

Today is all about Mother's Day Gifts for the Mom who loves to entertain, otherwise known as Katie's Wish List.




Here are some recently published cookbooks.




Do you follow Babs on Insta?
She's a riot and gives great tips.








This is written by Martha's own salad chef.




I don't know who he is, but he's cute.





This came out a couple of years ago, but it's a beautiful book. 







Isn't this cute?
Throw this in with the book, and you will be the apple of Mom's eye.













Is Mom looking for a new hobby?













The Mister has one of these and loves it. 























A good way for Mom to keep Dad in line.





I have one of these, and I use it every day.










On sale!






Has Mom's coffee maker seen better days?
The Mister gave me one of these for Christmas, and I love it.  
It's pricey, but it is user-friendly and makes a great cup of joe. 











I have two of these and fill them with ice water and sliced lemon.
I put them at each end of the table.



Present this to Mom filled with flowers and watch the sibs throw you some side-eye.


Cute buttah dish, and it's on sale!














Love these paper placemats.

















Melamine dishware is great for outdoor dining. 




Melamine
On sale and free shipping!




On sale and free shipping!











Cheers!


Until next time...







Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

29 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Mother's Day. I'm hoping for a facial and a massage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate fully🎉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday.....another great post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Does the mister say that his our place pan replaces all others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said that it doesn't replace all pans but he likes it and uses it a lot.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Saving this to review your finds! Happy Crown upgrade! I could use a few updates on and around the face ;0) ! laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Katie! Sorry about the crown...I can empathize with you on that one! They’re not my idea of a good time. 🥳😆

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday and hope you have a fun day celebrating. I love all of these mother's day gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I think my sister would actually like a lot of these. She's more the cook. haha

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Katie! Great gift ideas for anytime, I love the PB blue and white melamine dishes~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Happy Day!! (And many more!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, Happy Birthday Katie! Have an awesome day! Candace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Katie! I'm with you. I got a full hip replacement for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. deborah.hughes91@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie Clooney. Our mutual friend, KTG, alerted me to your entertaining blog, and I have been following and enjoying you for years! Especially interesting to me are your book, tv, and film tips. Any chance your Mister would let you part with the recipe for what deliciousness was the sauce for the filet mignon entree he served at your dinner party last Saturday night? Also, was the side dish mushrooms or potatoes cut like mushrooms? XOXO

      Delete
    2. Hi Deborah! Any friend of KTG's is a friend of mine. I will have your answers in Friday's post! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  14. Happy birthday Katie!!!
    Maybe after the crown, you may need a chocolate malt or a kaluha milkshake. Rest easy. And get a sparkly crown or pendant or bracelet when you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hap, Hap, Happy Birthday!!!!🎉🎂🎊 Hope you have the most wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry about the crown...ugh! I love Babs and have her cookbook on my mother's day wishlist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday - and I will take one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not sure where my comment went. In any event happy birthday to you. I hope that you had an amazing celebration, after the crown! Thank you for sharing all of these fabulous finds. Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please forward immediately to everyone in my family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, I am so sorry you had to get a crown, ugh! Your daughter asking what your 2nd choice was has me cracking up! I die. And that husband of yours making those elegant meals - girl, you are lucky. If my husband made dinner when we entertained we'd have no friends. None.
    Great gift ideas, I need to shop some for myself!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darn crown, it should be a beautiful princess birthday crown on your head not in your mouth, LOL! AnyWho a happy birthday sweet beautiful lady! You deserve all the goodness of life! I’m smiling because I’m doing a Mother’s Day Amazon post on Monday and I have several of the same gifts on my round up, great minds and great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birfday missy!! Hope they spoiled you rotten!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated birthday...you and I have matching crowns...several years ago I earned my crown...you know what they say heavy is the head that wears the crown...my head is heavy to begin so will continue to encourage queen style crowns rather than teeth crowns. Beemie Loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice Post! Thanks for sharing this content, this is very useful to me pls visit our site for Gift Packing Box

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts