Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, October 8, 2021

Home Tour/Take 2



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you had a good week.  Mine was chockfull of technical challenges.  I spent a good part of Tuesday morning at the Apple store with a nineteen-year-old genius.  My iPad would not charge.  Genius told me that they will have to send it away to have it analyzed. I inquired as to how much a new one would be.  Genius told me that they could swap it out for $499.00.  I said ok, and she broke the news to me that I couldn't do that until it made its way to California to have some more geniuses inspect it.  The reason, Genius told me, is that they have to make sure that it isn't counterfeit.  

I know that I didn't look my best that day, but I didn't think I looked shady.

And to top things off, I am sitting here with a frozen phone with another appointment with a genius.

Oh well.  Let's get on with the tour...
  

Today, I am showing you our great room.  That was an item on my wish list.  I did not want a living room and a den.  In our last Texas house, we had a small den and a minimal sitting area with two chairs which counted as a living room.  It eventually turned out to be our "time-out" room, which got a lot more use in that capacity than entertaining guests.

I have included some links.  
Feel free to send me any questions you may have.  

We'll start off with a few pics from the previous owners.




When we first saw the house, I immediately fell in love with the space as well as the fireplace.


I thought that two sofas would give us more seating.  
It was my #2's idea to have the bookcases painted.
Bravo #2!
No more time-outs for you! 



The navy checkered chairs are temporary and will be replaced by club chairs from Calico Corners in a similar fabric.  We originally ordered chairs in March from a company called Society Social.  They kept putting us off and, the last update was December, so we canceled and ordered from CC.  We still have a wait, but at least we know we will get them.  
The monogrammed pillows can be found here.  
  



We purchased the sofas at Ethan Allen.  We bought the coffee table as well as the side table from The Mint Julep.  I found the green pillows here, and the pillow inserts were ordered from Etsy, as well.

By the way, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Etsy.



We love the Frame TV.  The Mister's favorite thing to prepare for the girls' visits is to search for their funniest pictures as children and put them in the frame.
It doesn't take much to entertain the Mister.








The tray is from Mark & Graham.



Can't forget about Sista's first book!





I just took this pic to show you the sofa back table that we purchased from RH.  I wanted a touch of modern to shake up this traditional room.






The white lamp with the green shade was purchased from Ballard Designs.  By the way, they are having a sitewide sale through 10/11.







The side tables are also from Ballard Designs.






Past owner's furniture.


Original chandelier




We replaced the original chandelier with this one.




Original chandelier





We replaced the original chandelier with the one pictured.  It has recently been discontinued. Btw... it looks metal in the photo, but it is really weathered wood.

We had to clean the two chandeliers and the several bell jar fixtures every month in the old house.  That's what I get for marrying Felix Unger.  It was quite the task.  So in this house, I looked for glassless lighting fixtures.






We purchased the china cabinet from The Mint Julep.





I bought all of my bamboo frames from The Rusty Roof.  They are handmade, and the workmanship is top-notch.  The prints can be found here.  The lamps were purchased from Homegoods back East.  



The footbath is one of a set of two and can be found on One Kings Lane.





One of the things that I treasure about this house is how bright it is.






Thanks for stopping by, everybody!
If you're wondering what Mom has been buying on Amazon, click here.

Pleeeeeze don't tell Mom that I was up on the furniture!



Until next time...


















I ordered this.
I'm a nut for ponchos.







Love the color.
I ordered this.

































I'll probably be in the market for one of these.












How cute is this!! 



Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

56 comments:

  1. Beautiful tour-your house is so beautiful and I can't believe how quickly you're getting all the decorating completed. Bravo! Do you mind sharing where you purchased your sofas and if they're comfortable for lounging? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry... totally forgot. I will add it. We purchased the sofas at Ethan Allen.
      And indeed they are comfy. Thank you for your kind words, Lisa. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      Ie. .

      Delete
  2. Katie, what a gorgeous room! Those checked chairs and monogrammed pillows are right up my alley....makes me want to change out all my neutrals for mostly blue and white. You have done an amazing job setting up your house in such a short amount of time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just wonderful. I know y'all are enjoying it. The light changes are so pretty. It is amazing what just a few things can do for a room. As for the doggie, I knew Gus wasn't going too stay off my newest couch, so I just bought a easily washable blanket and keep it where I know he lays. It has worked our really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that, Sandy. She likes to take off the throw and run around with it and then settle on the couch for a snooze while the throw is on the floor. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  4. Love your new house and decor! Kudos to you and the mister for getting the house together so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katie, the green and the blue is so incredibly inviting! It makes me smile! I love all the pieces you have chosen including your newest little nugget, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue, white and apple green are my favorite colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tour! I loved all the green. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the painted bookshelves so much! The fresh and happy colors are perfect! You must be so happy to finally get your furniture and make your home cozy again! You mix your furniture pieces so well. My favorite is the sideboard in the front hall…it warms up the space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Barbara. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  9. Hot tip -- the Apple IPad Air is on major sale today (Oct 8, 2021). Just ordered one for the hubby and one for the granddaughter for Christmas. I have this particular one and I love it!).
    p.s. the house looks lovely. Hope y'all are very happy in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marguerite E. from Baton RougeOctober 8, 2021 at 8:11 AM

    All my favorite colors! Your home is as beautiful as I imagined it would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marguerite! Say hello to you Mom for me. xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful Katie! The green and blue is so fresh and inviting, and I love the pop of orange with the tray. So smart to get glassless chandys, love your tablescape too~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it's a "homerun" all the way around for me. I love everything about it. So warm and inviting and just absolutely beautiful! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am positively and completely smitten with the symmetry and color in your great room. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow -- that is gorgeous! LOVE every bit of it!! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh great eye candy throughout. Colorful and charming. The navy checked chair recliners are great stand Ins! Good choice on lighting. I love a pair of white couches, it’s been awhile since I had them and yours look beautiful. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing! You have done a wonderful job decorating. Would you mind sharing where you got your orange accessories in the bookshelves. The boxes and the bowl? The blue and green with the pop of orange is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors you chose - so happy. My iPhone has froze up twice. Push volume up volume down as quick as you can then hold the lock button (right side of phone) until the Apple logo comes up. It's called a forced start. You can google the phone number of Apple customer service to save you a trip to the store. They will tell you the same thing. (Where I learned it from)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, your home is just beautiful! I really, really love the blue and green together. So fresh and inviting! Thank you for Tour#2!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love everything Katie, especially the table setting! I by the way have two small wingbacks in front of my fireplace in the same French blue check (which is what I call it).
    If your Trumeau mirror goes missing in the dining room, you will know where to find it. I am drooling.
    We really should get together Katie….I know, I will help with your house warming party!
    Have a nice weekend and stay out of Dallas..it’s OU / UT weekend! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katie,
    Your new home is lovely! Would you share your table cloth info please?
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend😃

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blues & greens are my color schemes throughout the house, so I was loving what you've done. Fabulous! FAB-U-LOUS. I put away my blue & white MacKenzie-Childs for my black & white M-C for fall & winter. Your home is beautiful, as we knew it would be, and as you are. Inside and out.💚💙 xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Completely in love with your new home and time out room. I'm a fan of the two facing sofa situation. Brava! Your coffee table is outstanding ... I didn't catch where I came from but will go back and scour in more detail. Painting the bookcases was a stroke of genius, can you send #2 over here for a little consult? And, may I say your shelf styling is next level. I'm Pinning and taking notes. Can't wait for more room reveals ... new house tours are so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is GORGEOUS!! I love the navy and white with green accents. All of your blue and white porcelain pieces are so perfect with this color scheme.
    Good luck with all the tech problems. Not too many things send me over the edge EXCEPT when my computer, Ipad and phone talk to each other and decide to all quit at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your home is so lovely and beautifully decorated. Thank you for the tour, regards Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful home - love your colors and how bright your rooms are! Love that you painted the book cases, too! I will say that I miss your red and white checked furniture from your sunroom in your MA home!! Enjoy the new digs - BTW, Dorinda wasn't home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You and The Mister have done a wonderful job with the great room. I’m impressed how quickly you make decisions and how you pull together your house.

    Millie is just adorable but feels strange not to see C & C on your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blog is fabulous and makes me smile each time I read it. Your new home is lovely. Would you please share Miss M's breed? She looks like an Irish Setter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millie is a miniature goldendoodle. She favors her mom, the golden. They are suppose to shed minimally. So far so good, no red hair on my white couches. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  28. Magazine worthy! Elegant, yet comfortable and a place one would want to spend
    lots of time. Love the touches of orange/red.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Katie. Looks great! I like the eclectic mix throughout your great room and dining room.
    I cannot wait until I downsize and get rid of all my old, traditional furniture and bring in a more modern look. Question: What did you do with the furniture that was in your MA home but I no longer see here in TX? Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paige... the new owners bought all of the furniture. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  30. I am as green as those preppy colored cushions and table elements!....with envy over your having your household set up. HELP! Love the glass-less light fixtures. Lol, I think I have a Felix Unger too (but admittedly, I'm that way also so it's a real struggle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. I can't wait to see your new home. I'm sure it will be a beauty!

      Delete
  31. Your home looks beautiful. I love everything.. Amazing taste.. Would you mind sharing your wall paint color ? thank you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine... Send me an email and I will send you a photo of the label. I can't put pics in comments.

      Delete
  32. Your new home is wonderful and I am so impressed with how quickly you are getting it together. It was very nice before you added your own things but now it is outstanding. I have the same fabric on my EA sofa and am very pleased with it. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a showplace! How beautiful and bright with the blue and green! I can tell you are enjoying this fresh new look for your next chapter! Can’t wait to see more Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene. You're right - I do like the fresh look. Have a great week.

      Delete
  34. Fun to see more of your new casa! It's all as lovely as I would expect! You and the mister have a good eye for design. Love all the blue with the Kelly Green. A favorite color combination. You've created a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am loving your new home, it is absolutely gorgeous. I am inspired to do some redecorating.
    Seeing the photos and the Mista's cooking made me miss you all so much.

    xoxox Annie G.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've been gone a couple of weeks and have been looking forward to these posts. :) I love the color schemes, the Mister's office, those built-ins! And the new paint color of the built-ins. The furniture... it's all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am most impressed with you being able to find a house with a formal dining room! We have been casually looking at downsizing, but newer homes no longer have dedicated dining rooms. These have been replaced by adding barstools at the kitchen island. WE currently have a breakfast room (table and 4 chairs), a game room table (plus 4 chairs), and a dining room with 6 chairs. While I rarely need all this seating, each serves a purpose that the kitchen island does NOT. We know a couple who moved out of their beautiful new home shortly after they bought it...because they spent endless hours sitting next to each other at the island, looking at their kitchen sink, not each other!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have a beautiful home. You should be an interior decorator. I love the colors of white with pops of green, blue, and orange. What is the color of your walls and the trim? The walls look so subtle and I like the white trim. I am planning on changing the color of my walls in the LR and halls. I can't wait to see more of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Katie, I had to revisit this post. I remember those lamps from Homegoods in the past. I love the new dining room chandelier. And shout out to daughter #2 about painting the built ins. Love blue and green-always & forever. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. In fashion industries, there are many things used and packing in different boxes. if you buy your Packaging Boxes you also visit RUsh Packaging. Rush Packaging is a platform of Custom Boxes. Rush Packaging makes all kinds of Custom Makeup Boxes. You can buy your Gift Packaging Boxes at Rush Packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    SY .

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts