Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, December 15, 2017

My Christmas Wish List

Hello, dear friends.  It's great to be back.  I spent the past few days in my old home state, Texas.  Sista and I used our time in Austin to plan the shindig of the century... my Dad's 100th birthday extravaganza in April.  We got a lot accomplished while enjoying a few chuckles along the way.

Here are some pics I took.




The Westin is raffling off dinner in this darling gingerbread house for charity.





The Four Seasons lobby was decked out in all its glory.



Party Planner Dream Team
specializing in Centenarian Celebrations.


My return trip did not go as smoothly as I had hoped.  I ended up spending 3 hours on the plane waiting for a special de-icing machine to arrive so that we could take off.  Meanwhile, my Sista's plane which was in another terminal was de-iced and took off on time. 

That was the bad news.  The good news was that I had two empty seats next to me and plenty of time to work on my Christmas Wish List for the Mister.  I already got my big present - a new computer which I am typing on.  But the Mister wanted some ideas for gifts that he could give me to open on Christmas Eve.
He asked... I delivered.

I found a lot of ideas on Oprah's Favorite Things list.
If they're good enough for Oprah, they're good enough for me.













I made the Mister a relatively small list (49+ items) of a few things that are on my wishlist over at The Enchanted Home Shop.  If you want to treat yourself or someone else, stop over and take a gander.





This little fruit infuser water bottle is going to be the kickstart of my weight loss/healthy eating journey for the new year.  It probably won't begin in 2018 or 2019, but I have high hopes for 2020.
In the meantime, I want one of these to carry around so I can impress my neighbors.
  

I like my chardonnay brain-freeze cold.
This little number may be the answer to my prayers.








I love these trays with handles.
Great colors, too.








Spanx PLUS leggings?
Yes, please.





A makeup mirror in a phone case?
I need to be selfie-ready at all times.







I could use a new set of makeup brushes, and these look interesting to me.







You know you're getting old when your daughter has wrinkle-reducing serums and lash enhancers on her Christmas list.  There's no way I'm going to let my kid have longer lashes than moi.







My Clarisonic is on its last pulse beat.
I could use a new one. 





My make up mirror is about a hundred years old.  
I'll take this one, provided the reflection is included.






I met a woman in a store line a couple of weeks ago.  We chatted and I couldn't help but notice her gorgeous skin.  I commented on it and she told me that she uses a facial steamer/humidifier once a week.

I'll have what she's having.







OMG... do these look like preppy empty nester boots, or what?





My car mats were a mess last winter from snow and salt.  I need some rubber ones to trade out during those sloppy months.








If you haven't figured it out by now, I hate cold weather.  
This cute little robe looks like a warm one.









I can always use a new pair of warm jammies.  When I am out of the house, I dream of being at home snuggling with my rascals and wearing my nice warm jams.





Speaking of jammies, did you know that they have people/doggie matching jammies?
Sounds like a must-have to me.  



My #2 gave me these Ugg slippers about 8 years ago, and I wear them constantly.  They have begun to take on a life of their own.  I think it may be time for a new pair.







It won't be a happy new year until I have my new Lilly planner.










I start to stall around mid-afternoon.  A cappuccino/espresso machine may be just the ticket to give me that boost to take me over the hump until cocktail hour.







I love these chunky bangles.  I'm going to order the gold/silver one if I don't find one under the tree.  Oprah and I will be twins if we go to the same holiday party.





I've had my share of accidents in the kitchen.  
These cutting gloves would come in very handy.






As I age gracefully, I find I have lost strength in my hands.  The Mister is tired of getting frantic texts from me telling him he has to come home early to open a jar for me.






I put this Echo contraption down on my list because I have no one to talk to and boss around during the day except my two assistants.  And they just roll their eyes and ignore me.





The best part of this charger is that it is a car locator.  I'm the sad sack you see walking around aimlessly trying to find her car. 

I've even given serious thought to reporting my car stolen so I wouldn't have to look for it anymore.

Don't tell me you never considered that.








This GoBone gift idea looks like it's for the hooligans but it's actually for me.  Anything that helps to wear out my two crazies is a present for me.









This is another gift that is not only for me but also for someone else.  This little contraption stops snoring.  

Mister - let me introduce you to your new best friend.










As far as clothes are concerned, the only thing I really need is a towel bra.






Amazon


When facing tense moments in 2018
goodbye deep breaths...
helloo to my new hobby
cursing while coloring.  




Until next time...







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

30 comments:

  1. Welcome back pretty lady! Glad you had a grand time! You had me at all that coziness and party planner! Have a festive and fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post! Love the Corkcicle! The towel bra....
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love each and every post! You are so funny! Thank you for your blog- it is the best! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel, thank you for your sweet comment. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. You had me at towel bra, Sis. Glory be. Looking forward to seeing you in it on your next festive home tour post. And congrats, huge congrats, on Pops heading to 100. Francine will be jealous as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that towel bra is permanently etched into my brain! I have been using a lash serum from Amazon called Lavish Lash and had lots of success. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny! Love your posts. Merry Christmas
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you as well, Susan. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

      Delete
  7. I hop all this fits under your tree!! As for the rubber mats, I have them and love them, in the spring my carpets are so clean and look brand new! Merry, merry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have an "in" with Santa. I love your list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I seriously hope The Mister can find at least ONE thing on that list of must-haves for you...of course, if he fails to deliver you can always take advantage of the post-Christmas sales. I think I need one of towel bras...especially good for those sweaty days when you want to keep the girls separated and dry...lol

    Have a great night and weekend, Katie....and Congrats on your dad's upcoming 100th bd. God bless him. Your sister is a pretty woman, too. You can certainly tell you are sisters! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back and what a great photo of you and your sister! Wow, your dad living to be 100 is amazing. Air travel truly sucks. My niece was on a flight in Atlanta when it snowed last week....waited so long for taxiing and de-icing, the plane had to go back and refuel. Pitiful! Great list full of fun items. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so many great ideas and I am so honored to have been included on the list! All I can say is you are lucky I wasn't on that plane, we would all have been on the 5 o clock news....I am ultra claustrophobic so even sitting for 5 minutes starts giving me major anxiety. 3 HOURS!!! Isn't there a new law that forbids that??? Thanks for some really great ideas here...love them all! Happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect list. The towel bra is a must have. Congrats on your dad's 100th! I know it will be a grand affair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home! How exciting to be paling your dads 100 birthday! I am sure that it will be fabulous. I love all of your Christmas picks. The bra towel is most curious.

    I hope that you have a fabulous weekend. Thank you for always making me laugh with your witty posts.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's some list! Santa's bag will be bulging when he stops at your house!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie, so wonderful to plan your Father’s 100th birthday. That will truly be a celebration. As for your list, you can’t go wrong if Ms. O has given it her stamp of approval. As for the Bra Towel, I don’t think I will ever unsee that. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. And I didn’t forget your two adorable rascals. Merry. Merry to Chowdah and Chili...Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had nothing on my want list until I saw the towel bra and now it is a must have. Again, you have entertained me and given me tons of ideas for gift giving next year. But, who knows what gems you might come up with between now and then, so think I'll wait. Could not believe how much you and your sis look alike. Two beauties! And what a joyous occasion that birthday will be. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Would love to be a fly on the wall at your house Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie I just about spit out my tea when I saw the towel bra. You always can make me laugh, and I thank you for that!! Merry Christmas to YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know what I liked more - your gift ideas or your comments about each one. Too funny; just when all of these Christmas chores are stressing me out, I appreciate a little humor. And so wonderful about your dad's upcoming 100th birthday and celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun list! Do not waste your money on that eyelash stuff. The only thing that will grow you some new lashes is Latisse. I get mine from the dermatologist, and it lasts six months.

    Wonderful about the birthday celebration. You are so lucky to still have your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many great gift ideas, loved this post! You and Sista have discovered the "Fountain of Youth", please do a skincare and makeup update for inquiring minds in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katie I absolutely love those mittens for the kitchen. I had no idea those things even existed. And the makeup items are really nice too. I need to start wearing some again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year, Katie! I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and you never fail to put me in a great mood! I totally enjoyed your Christmas wish list and purchased the facial steamer from Amazon for my daughter. She loves it. Another daughter lives in Winthrop, MA and has sent me some videos of the blizzard today; stay warm and safe! ☃️❄️

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quite a bunch of good accessories they are offering.
    airport parking heathrow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here it is February and I found this post I'd missed. Would you believe we bought two of the items you listed? The Espresso machine and the jar opener. Thanks for the tips. Hubs wanted to add the towel bra, but I passed on that sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I meant to say we bought them via Amazon today due to seeing them on your post. Amazon should give you a kickback.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hop all this fits under your tree!! As for the rubber mats, I have them and love them, in the spring my carpets are so clean and look brand new. Birmingham Airport car parking

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts