Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy Sunday!






Happy Sunday, y'all!  It is bright, sunny, and freezing cold here in my little spot in Massachusetts.  Just watched the news and glad to hear my old great state of Texas got blessed with some much needed rain.   

My cuz from sunny Florida posted this on Facebook.  I have always used vinegar and water on my wood floors but never realized how many other wondrous uses there are for vinegar.

If you use vinegar for any other things - that you can talk about - I would love to hear from you.

Hope this gets you motivated to roll up your sleeves for some serious Spring Cleaning.   It's not doing much for me, though. 







Hope your day is clean and sparkly!




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

11 comments:

  1. I've used vinegar and water on the hardwoods and in laundry but wasn't aware of all these other uses. Great tips! I didn't know you could use it to keep fresh flowers alive!

    We are trying to get through the escrow process with our home.. inspections, appraisals, etc.. as we finalize design plans for the new place. It's going to be a crazy next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an entire book on vinegar uses! (it was found in the bargain section of B&N) The rain is here today. Praying baby girl's flight doesn't get delayed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew! NOW I know why people buy those huge bottles of vinegar from Costco:) Happy Sunday to you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed your Friday post due to the horrible stomach flu. Fortunately, I was able to read it today. Fabulous party for your Dad & what a wonderful family you have! I concur on the glowing skin! Please, please share you secret. I understand some it is good genes, but there has to be some hope for the rest of us mere mortals! Love Sista's house; it reminds me of Bunny Williams home (is she a fan?). I have known the benefits of vinegar for a while but they keep coming up with more uses for this wonderful substance. Thanks for the post! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mix in a few drops of lavender oil and use it everywhere (just NOT on marble). Have a lovely Sunday!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my dishwasher in one of the dispenser cups I put in detergent and the other I fill with vinegar. I save money and the dishes come out sparkling clean! Yes, I am that woman at Costco you see buying that huge container of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi katie,
    Great vinegar tips!
    I put about an inch of distilled white vein gar in a shallow soup bowl and leave it out on my kitchen counter for four hours after I've cooked something aromatic and the house is smelly from it - works like a charm, no odor at all afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always used a mixture of vinegar (apple cider) and water on my hardwood floors. I have refurbished heart pine floors and the few times I have used other wood cleaners, my floors were dull. The vinegar just really works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was a repository for household hints. Think at least 8 of these were new to me. Only one I didn't see is cleaning your coffee pot with white vinegar.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts