Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emmy Monday!!!

I'm lucky.  I have a lot of great friends who are very smart and very talented.  What the heck are they hanging around with me for? 

Anyway, one of my oldest and dearest friends is Mary dude Anne.  There is a great blog coming in the future about her name and our friendship.  But for now, that's another show, Oprah.  Anyway, my buddy, Mary dude Anne has worked as a fashion forecaster in NYC for about a million twenty years.  She lives in a beautiful home in Connecticut and has agreed to text me her comments for the Emmys.  

Essentially, this is a combo of what we both think... I'm kind of under a time crisis ... so bear with me... if you don't like the comment it is all Mary dude Anne's fault. If somebody's name is misspelled - forgive me.  I am old and need to be in bed by 10.

On to the Red Carpet...

Amanda Peet
Beautiful girl - great dress.
 
 
Anna Chlumsky
 Love her in "Veep" not sure about the dress.
 
 
 
Lara Spencer
 Love the color... the leg pose looks familiar.
 
 
 
Connie Britton
 Love her - can't wait for "Nashville"
not sure about the dress. 
 
Ginnifer Goodwin
 No, No, and again No!
 

 
Glenn Close
 Glenn - you can sure as heck act but you can't pick out a dress.
 
 

Jessica Pare
Zou bisou bisou!!!!
 
 

Julia Ormond
 The Mister has had a mad crush on you since "Chocolat" but I don't feel as threatened when you wear this dress.
Juliana Rancic
 
Too skinny and severe.  Glad you have a baby tho. 
Kathy Griffen
Not lovin' it... but don't make fun of me, Kathy.
 
 
Kelly Osborne
 Matching hair and dress? Not doing if for me.
 
Padma Lakshmi
One word:  Gorgeous!!!
 
 
Phoebe Price 
Not sure who she is but the dress is way too much.
 
Heidi Klum
I think Seal is going to re-think things after seeing Heidi in this spectacular number!
 
Sophia Vergara
Is she auditioning for Ariel, the little Mermaid?
 
 

 
January Jones
 Beautiful girl... not into the hair or the dress.
 
Allison Williams
Not sure who she is but she is stunning!
 
Amy Poehler
Not bad.
  So sad she and Will have split.
 
Ashley Judd
Really disappointed in this one. The hair is awful!
 
Zooey Des-something
My girls love her.  I would take a half inch off the bangs tho.
 
Edie Falco
Mary dude Anne loved this one!
 

Jon Hamm & Jennifer Westfeldt
Best looking couple of the night!
 
 ****
There were plenty of other great dresses but it is almost 10 and I need to get my beauty sleep.  I want to thank my dear friend in Connecticut for all her comments and you will be seeing her a lot more in the coming weeks.
As I am critiquing the beautiful men and women at the Emmys this evening, I am sitting here, computer in my lap, mascara down to my knees, donning an Old Navy T-shirt circa 2009 and nike shorts and enjoying every minute of it!  
 
Have a great Monday!
 
 
 
 
 

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

1 comment:

J. Crew

Recent Posts