Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, December 4, 2023

The Mister's Gift Guide for Men


 

Did you have a good weekend?  If you noticed, I was MIA last week.  I was in Rosemary Beach visiting my Sista.


We had a great time catching up.  It was a bit nippy, but we managed to have some delicious meals and burned off the calories while doing some retail therapy.



On Friday, I met my buddy, Miss Debbie, and we attended the ABPA Home Tour in Dallas.  There were four homes on tour, and they were all stunning.  I took tons of photos, and a blog post is headed your way in the near future.



I went to my friend Paige's Favorite Things Brunch on Saturday.  If you recall, Paige was the subject of the My Favorite Reader post.
Paige's home is so beautiful, and she had about 40 women in attendance.

I got to meet Paige's buddy, Cynthia, who has been a long-time reader of the blog.  She is such a sweetheart and made introductions to the other guests.


Here's the gist.  Every attendee decides what her favorite thing is and then brings three of them to the brunch.  We all chose three names which determined the gifts that we would bring home. 

I chose Colleen Rothschild's Quench & Shine Restorative Mask, which was easily my favorite thing of 2023.  I use it as a conditioner which gives my hair great shine as well as no frizz.  As Sista said, it makes her hair feel and look young again.

The cute canvas bags, which were a big hit, came from Rock Flower Paper.  It's your lucky day - they are on sale.




You asked for it, you got it.  I have heard from several readers asking for the Mister to do a Gift Guide for Men.

Your wish is my command.
Take it away, Mister!


Amazon


The best way to Cut the Cable!



For the chef - I use these every day; they make cleanup easy.


 


 Amazon

 My second favorite traveling companion.


Perfect for taking pics with an iPhone if you're not double-jointed.




This is a great gift for the son/daughter who gets their first car.  Throw in a complimentary lesson on how to use it.  

*They won't appreciate this gift until they need to use it.





Another great gift for the kid with their first car.





This is a 6-in-one car crash safety device.

Safety first!





Katie and I are headed abroad next year, so I invested in one of these.




Katie gave me an underwater camera on Valentine's Day thirty-three years ago.

I gave her a diamond engagement ring.

Katie is still trying to convince me that it was an even exchange. 




I couldn't be happier that we said goodbye to those wicked Northeast winters.  But for those who haven't, there is always this option.



These attach right to my iPhone case, so I always have them handy.



 

A true Christmas Miracle!





Amazon


If you have a person on your gift list who loves tools like me, this cordless screwdriver can come in very handy. 






This is a great stocking stuffer who works on a lot of small projects.


 



Another great gift for the gadget guy.



 
The best trimmer by far!


 

 Amazon


Minimalist wallet 



 


Amazon


And I can control it from my phone!



  Amazon

 A charger and organizer is the best way to a man's heart!




 These are in every room in the house, and I talk to Alexa more than I talk to Katie.
Just a heads up... Katie has quite the jealous streak.


 

Amazon


First introduced to me by #1, it is my all-time favorite and a great stocking stuffer!





 

It takes all the guesswork out of grilling and roasting.




  

Amazon




Amazon


I tried to explain to Katie how great this range finder was, but she met me with a blank stare and asked me if we could watch the Golden Bachelor.



My struggle is real, folks. 




Amazon


This is a golf GPS, which Katie told me I didn't need because I have one in my car.




Amazon


 



 Amazon



 


 Amazon 


Another golf accessory that I couldn't live without. 





The  #1-rated golf training aid.



 Amazon


 A whiskey-making kit for the man who has had a rough year.





 


Goodbye, horseshoe!







All I can say is your gadget guy will love this!






My new TOY go-to travel battery and iPhone charger all in one!




I'm trying to convince Katie that we need one of these.



 

My favorite kitchen appliance that the entire family loves.








                                                                                       Amazon

 

Katie gave me this for my birthday; it is a hit!





Amazon

 

No more ice packs or heating pads!



Amazon


A different kind of cookbook that reads like a storybook.




Single pot, 10 ingredient or less 30-minute meals that are all great for guest

 

 


 Amazon





 
The perfect gift for every Dad
(except the ones who prefer a car wash).




Amazon


I was a skeptic, but I am sold!



I've given up shaving cream for this.
No mess!








I'm hoping that Katie ups her gifting game this year.  Last year, she gave me one of these.





Thanks, Mister!  Great job!
There will be a little extra something in your stocking this year.


Do you need a gift idea for a friend for under $50 bucks?
Click here.

How about a gift idea for a millennial?
Click here.







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get the Alexa smart plug. I'm also intrigued by the anti-snore thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already added many of these to cart. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous list!! Thanks, Mister. Would love it if you did a recipe post monthly- especially on appetizers and whatever you made below that macron turkey-- a big fan of both of you, m in hi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mister is a real gadget guru! We couldn't figure out what some of these are for. Luddites, we are. We did have to laugh at the anti-snoring device. It looks just like the thing they put on me in the hospital a few years ago when I had a tumor removed from under the mandible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the list. Not always easy to come up with anything for my husband. Usually if he needs or wants something he will go about getting it for himself. Luckily a few ideas came to me and I have them. I just now need to wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know that the FIXD gadget already has saved us a trip to the dealer, I always have such a hard time with gifts for my husband. Santa says “Thanks for the recommendations!”

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts