Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, December 8, 2023

A Holiday House Tour

 




I hope that you had a good week.  Mine was busy but productive.
The weather has been a bit nippy, but we had lots of sunshine.







We attended a holiday party in the neighborhood. The host and hostess set the yuletide mood the minute we walked into their gorgeous courtyard.  We caught up with some old friends and met some new ones.  The food was delish, and the company was delightful. 



Last week, I met my pal, Miss Deb, at the ABPA Home Tour.  This was our second time around, and it did not disappoint.


We got there early and got in line. 




It paid off because who do you think was one of the first ladies (pun intended) exited the house?  Mrs. Bush! She looked 10 years younger than this photo and said hello to everyone.

I'll have what she's having.




This is one of my favorite tours for a number of reasons.  These are not Showhouse homes; they are actually lived in.  I also appreciate the fact that photos are allowed.





There were four houses on tour.  Forgive me for not putting the pics in order by which house they are from.  Some photos did not come out, and I had a slight problem with downloading.








The ceiling stole the show in this bedroom.




I wanted to sit out the rest of the tour and play with all her makeup, but the guide gave me dirty looks.









Ought oh..., it looks like someone is on to me.










All of the homes showcased gorgeous wallpaper.







Our dog has a crate; this dog has his own room.




How sweet is this ruler?




I loved this wallpaper!






This room is so darling!





This cozy setup is on a landing.



Such a sweet way to display family photos.






Who doesn't have a swing in their bedroom?



A stunning study.



This is a murphy bed!










We ended our delightful day with a delicious lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Bistro 31.



Do you need a gift idea for a friend for under $50 bucks?
Click here.

How about a gift idea for a millennial?
Click here.

Are you stumped about what to buy your man?
Click here.












My absolute favorite beauty product of 2023!!  Although it is called a mask, I use it as a conditioner.  It makes my hair so soft, gives great shine, and is frizz-free.

Use my code: PREPPY20 for 20% off!



Another favorite of mine is Colleen Rothschild's Illuminated Tinted Eye Cream.   This peach-colored cream brightens my under-eye area and doesn't crease. This product sells out quickly.

Use my code: PREPPY20 for 20% off!



My code is still live on Boll & Branch. Without a doubt, these are the softest sheets in the whole world!  Use my code: PREPPY25 for 25% off!











Kate Spade Outlet has a huge sale going on!








I bought this sweater and love it.







Lots of colors.







Banana Republic has  40% off most items.





I just ordered this one.



On sale and on my Christmas list.





Cashmere!
50% Off!



Cashmere
50% Off!



I have the blouse and wore it on Thanksgiving.

I'm debating about this gorgeous jacket.






I've been waiting for this to go on sale.






















Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

9 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful homes on that tour. Thanks for sharing them.
    Enjoy your weekend! m in hi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house! Now that I have been back in Dallas for a couple of months, I need to get in the loop for these things. Love home tours? Was it Preston Hollow?

    So excited for your upcoming granddaughter! Not sure if I have commented on that because I sometimes have a hard time commenting on your blog. Feel sure it is user error!

    Enjoy your weekend! Melissa B

    ReplyDelete
  3. The high school I went to use to have a house Walk of decorated homes. They were just stunning. They stopped this event a few years ago--prior to Covid. The homes were always so beautifully decorated. It was just such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a great tour! I love it when they let you take pictures!
    Cheers! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's get the jacket - shall we?? Hugs - Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are terrific homes, Katie -- but I'm not seeing a ton of holiday! I hope yours are being glorious and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun ... is there anything better than a house tour?! Apparently, not ... look at that line. And a Mrs. Bush siting is the icing on the cake ... I love her. Oh, and your neighbors courtyard ... stunning. Must have been a wonderful party. Well, you've put me in the holiday spirit. I'd better go rustle around my Christmas bins and see if I can't spiff things up a bit around here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love home tours, and these are beautiful! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you and yours a Happy New Year, Katie.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts