Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, October 9, 2023

Sweatah Weathah

 



Did you have a good weekend?  Our weather was picture-perfect.  We relaxed on Saturday, and on Sunday, our #2, her friend, and Lemmie came for lunch.  Our #1 and AJ couldn't make it because they were moving into their new home.



The Mister outdid himself.  

He prepared Miso Salmon, field greens, honey lemon vinaigrette, Roasted pears, cucumber rolls, parma ham crackling,
Cherry tomatoes with mint Crumbled feta.





Little Lemmie is growing like a weed. 
She is certainly a precocious little pup. 
Here she is asking the Mister for a bite.




Lemmie loves jumping on Millie and pulling on her ears.
Poor Millie kept poking her head under the tablecloth, asking me the same question...

Is she gone yet?




For dessert, the Mister made an apple doughnut, pumpkin muffin, dulce de leche ice cream, caramel drizzle, and powdered sugar.

I am never eating again.


Every year around this time, I write a Sweatah Weathuh post.  Sweaters are my favorite pieces of clothing.  One reason is that I am always cold.  The other is that they camouflage a multitude of sins, such as the dessert I devoured yesterday. 


Here are some sweaters that have caught my eye.  

Several are on sale, and a few are not. 



I got a DM from my Instabud, Kate, who told me that she bought this sweater and absolutely loves it.  It comes in several colors.


I have this sweater in almost all of the colors.

Don't tell the Mister.


I have a Navy one of these in my cart.


I have three sweaters in my closet that look just like this one in three different brands.  I have a thing for stripes.


Here I am modeling one for your viewing pleasure. 

The Mister is always snapping candids of me.


I spied one of my favorite influencers in this sweater, and I had to have it.



I ordered this - I'll keep you posted.




I love this color!

Have I told you that I'm a Wintah?





Runs big; size down.


This neckline takes a regular grey sweatshirt up a few notches.

It's in my cart.


Lots of fun colors! 





I ordered this sweater - I love the gold buttons and ruffle collar.


















Lots of colors!











I have this sweater in a few colors.




Btw... this company has cute sweaters for little girls.












Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

18 comments:

  1. Katie, the meal and dessert the mister made...oh.my.goodness. If I were you, I'd never dine out again. The kind of talent in your own home must be far superior! I am practically drooling over that dessert.
    Your witty commentary is so enjoyable!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweaters! We can always count on you to point us in the right direction for fall fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dessert looks phenomenal!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love these! I'm always cold too, except during those lovely hot flashes (aren't you supposed to be done after 10 years ... ?!?) And what a fabulous cook that Mister of yours is! I totally want that apple pumpkin caramel delight! I might have to try to reverse-engineer a recipe. Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Barbara. Enjoy your week.

      Delete
  5. I'm wearing a cozy sweater today! I just love a good sweater. That meal looks delicious and that dessert nearly looks too good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good god. What a chef the Mister is! If I were married to him, I would weigh 7000 pounds. My poor hubby isn't allowed to keep crackers in the house unless we're having company.....
    Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mister is such an amazing chef! Does he create everything on his own or does he follow recipes. I love all the sweaters, and only wish I could buy more. We get such few sweater weather days down here in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh- I envy you having a hubby that cooks! When my husband WOULD fix dinner once in a blue moon the kids said that when the smoke alarm went off dinner was ready. lol. I love the J. Crew that you ordered the best of any of them! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mr. created an amazing dessert! As for your sweaters so many great pieces. I too love sweaters and am going back to the beginning to see if there is anything I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. JCrew has so many great sweaters this year! Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

      Delete
  10. Would love the recipes of Mista s yummies

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lunch menu! Wow! If I lived like that on the weekends, I'd be in heaven.
    Love the sweaters, I have too many already, but it's always fun to window shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That parma cracklin looks heavenly. That the dessert and a lovely chardonnay, just heaven. It is definitely sweater weather here. No more beach days.
    xoxo Annie G.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful food, delightful company, delightful sweaters and even more delightful you!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts