Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, September 16, 2019

Southport Garden Tour


Hello dear friends.  I hope that you enjoyed your weekend.  The Mister and I met Sista, her Mista, Nef #1 and Nef #2 in Boston for a celebration of Sista's Mista's 60th Birthday.  Try saying that three times after two glasses of vino!


That afternoon, Sista and I got in our cardio via two hours of power shopping.  Let me give you a hint... we weren't shopping for the birthday boy. 

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Grill 23.  
I highly recommend it if you live or visit Beantown.

*****

Days after I began my Summer Sabbatical, I attended the Southport Garden Tour.  

Southport, Connecticut is a little slice of heaven located along the Long Island Sound and borders on Fairfield and Westport.  Notable celebrities who have lived there are Jeffery and Ina Garten, Jack Welch, and Jason Robards.  If you are under the age of thirty, feel free to google the last two names.



We lucked out with a picture-perfect day.  I parked in front of this gorgeous home.  Don't you love the blue door?
Note to self:  buy the Mister some paint this week.



Pequot Library hosted the tour.  I happen to have a history with this beautiful library. At the tender age of thirteen, I attended ballroom dancing classes here.  And guess who was in my class!  No, not Jason Robards.  None other than my BIL, the birthday boy!  







Sista and I met at registration.  The rose between the thorns is our dear friend, Caroline Crawford who is the head of PR for the library and in charge of the event.  She managed to pull the whole thing together in a matter of six weeks.

I am not just saying this, but this garden tour was the best tour I have ever attended.  It was so well organized, most of the homes were on the water, and the entire route was done on foot.  My favorite combo: cardio with a side of eye candy.

And the fabulous homes and luscious gardens... well, stick with me and you can see for yourself.







Photo Credit:  Sista




Sista and I already used up our oooh and aah quota for the day, and we were still at the first house!




On to the next charming home and garden.





I told Sista that she wasn't the only black sheep around town!


Doesn't this house look like it should be featured in a TV show?








Open Sesame says Sista.










I love the pop of orange!




I took lots of pics of the charming homes along the way.











How 'bout this pool?


I showed this pic to the Mister and told him I wanted him to build me a Blog Cottage just like this adorable pool house.
I'm still waiting for an answer.



Can you imagine sipping your first cup of coffee taking in this view every morning?


I can't imagine what my two hooligans would do to this impeccably-kept garden!






















Thanks for joining me on the tour.  
I appreciate your sense of decorum.
I wish that I could say the same about my Sista!

Until next time...




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

19 comments:

  1. Katie, we were tickled pink that you could join us for Pequot Library's 1st Annual Garden Stroll and hope you'll come back next year on Friday, June 5, 2020! Working on a kick-off breakfast with a garden-designer and much more. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Happy b'day to your sister too! New England did indeed have the most lovely gardens...we never tired of visiting coastal towns in Maine and just walking through quaint villages and those gorgeous colonial homes and lawns....miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tour. Such eye candy and I love that y'all got to walk the neighborhood. Oddly my favorite is the one with the garden. Even a small piece like that fenced in area takes lots of work. I am sure many of these have a yard service. I can dream:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Katie! Welcome Back to Blogville.
    You had me a blog cottage and "the rose between our thorns."

    Happy Day! laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, what gorgeous homes and stunning gardens. I would have been in heaven walking through such beauty. Thanks for the eye candy this morning and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love looking at New England homes. What a fun time you must have had. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want an invitation next year! This is incredible. I could move right in to any of these garden spaces. Who needs a roof over one's head? Seriously, the east coast gardens are spectacular. Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me and my un green thumb are drooling over all the beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each picture was more stunning than the one before. It must have been a spectacular day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...beautiful homes and gardens! I can barely keep a few flowers blooming all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These homes and gardens are gorgeous! I would love to have you share your post on Farm Fresh Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is not unnoticed that the 3 of you got the "touch of blue" memo for the day! Yes, love that blue door too!

    https://littleblackdomicile.com/2019/09/13/the-best-time-to-paint-the-front-door/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right. This little enclave of homes was a slice of heaven. Each looked so picturesque I would expect to see a film crew for a movie hanging around. The gardens were lovely. Thanks for taking us along on your garden tour.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous. I'm SO happy that you're back! Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful homes and gardens, Katie. This had to be a perfect day! Loved every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What could be better than a quintessential New England home and garden tour on a beautiful summer day with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to visit the garden tours. The homes and gardens are exquisite. A beautiful outing with your sista. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow just wow! Each garden is more beautiful than the next. I am ordering my allium bulbs today. The outdoor furniture is just made for sitting outside for a read.

    annie g

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts