Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Easter Basket Inspiration


Hello, dear friends.  I popped into Target the other day, and the aisles were jam-packed with anxious Moms seeking the perfect additions to their Easter baskets.  To all of those Moms out there, thanks for the inspiration.




When my girls were little, I used to try to stick the essentials in with the fun stuff when putting together their Easter Baskets.   By essentials, I mean things that I had to buy them anyway.  We lived in Boca for five years, and the girls swam almost every day, so I would find a cute beach bag and fill it with a couple of swimsuits, goggles, cover-ups, lip gloss, and top it off with a few chocolate bunnies.  And if I was feeling really generous, I would even throw in a Peep or two.

Amazon

The Easter that we all remember the most is the one where the Easter Bunny brought the little plastic playhouse.  It was not nearly as luxurious as the one above.  

The Mister was in charge of the egg hunt.  I'll never forget how surprised the girls were when they discovered their new home away from home while hunting for their eggs. My girls were over the moon!  They played in it for almost 2 hours before one of them spotted a bug, and that ended the play for the rest of the day.  
I did my best to threaten and bribe coax the girls to go outside and play in their new casa.  My #1 informed me that we needed to have a floor installed due to the bugs.  By the way, it was not like it was infested with creepy, crawly creatures, it was just that it was on the 
grass and the girls preferred hardwood.

We never did have that floor installed.
And the playhouse found a new home months later across the street in the neighbor's yard.  Every time the girls came home from playing across the street, they asked me when they could get a playhouse. 

Here are some clever Easter ideas that I came across.  As with all my crafty posts, I cannot take one ounce of credit for the inspiration.



Inspiration found here.



Inspiration found here.




Inspiration found here.


Inspiration found here.




Inspiration found here.


Inspiration found here.

I can't even imagine the mess my hose basket would look like!




Inspiration founds here.

A lot of these would make cute hostess gifts, too.


Inspiration found here.



Inspiration found here.



Inspiration found here.




Inspiration found here.



Inspiration found here.





Inspiration found here.

For the tween in your life.

Inspiration found here.


For the new home buyer.



Inspiration found here.

A family Easter basket?


Inspiration found here.





Inspiration found here.

I know a certain Mister who would love to see this in his Easter basket!


Inspiration found here.

And I know a certain Empty Nester Mama whose eyes would light up if she found this one on her doorstep.




Maybe, instead of a Sephora gift certificate this year, I'll send my girls a basket of cleaning supplies.  I may even throw in a chocolate bunny and some multivitamins for good measure.

Until next time...





Maggielovesorbit



Linking up with:
Hello Monday!
Amaze Me Monday
Wonderful Wednesday
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

18 comments:

  1. Wow such great ideas!! Some people are so creative. I especially love the laundry basket one. I honestly think my boys would like this for their dorm rooms. There is nothing worst than spending your money on laundry supplies when your beer fridge is getting low. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every yr I tell myself to start in March getting things together for the baskets...6 grandkids AND 3 sons and wives who still want the Easter bunny to come. Insert roll eyes here! It’s just too much. And here I sit on Palm Sunday with nary a chocolate bunny in site. *sigh***. May not happen this yr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was the too old kids with laundry baskets! But you did inspire me to get creative with some cowboy boots that I was going to donate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas...I like the pic of the older ones with laundry basket with supplies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative baskets! Great ideas. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, very fun post!! I loved this: I can't even imagine the mess my hose basket would look like! Thanks for all the inspiration, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are too cute! I never do a traditional basket for the Grans. I generally get them something they want, wrap it up and let them open it. Have a great Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could pull off that hose basket, I would totally make one! Happy Easter to you and your family. ������

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love to give gift baskets Katie, thank you for the creative round up! Yes, I agree, that hose basket is impossible, I have enough trouble just trying to coil one up anyway!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute inspirational ideas for Easter baskets. I can't help but chuckle thinking about what my Easter basket as a child looked like to those of my grandchildren Katie. LOL! We kids had a straw Easter basket, real dyed eggs and maybe a little candy. But....we loved it. Happy Easter to you dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all darling but I love the boots to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute picture of your girls! I already miss the little Easter egg hunts and fun baskets from the little kid days. We had a playhouse and the kids loved it. That joke at the end with the older kids Easter baskets had me laughing out loud and sharing with everyone in my family! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I remember all the effort and creativity I put into personalized Easter baskets back in the day... and Easter brunch with a petting zoo at a nearby hotel... fond memories.

    PS: I may have found two ladies who hate bugs more than I!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of these basket ideas! I just made two for the grandkids and sent them to Argentina, hopefully they will arrive on time. I laughed out loud about the bug in the playhouse, I am the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made the beer bunny one for my husband and it was quite a hit! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts