Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Room Reveal - The Boudoir

This is one of my last Room Reveals.  I guess I'll have to tell the Mister that we have to move again.  Just kidding -- I would rather sit through a Keeping up with the Kardashians marathon than move again.  Excuse my strong words, but I want you to understand how serious I am.

  It took awhile for the bedroom to get finished but for us, it was worth the wait.  We love the paint color and very happy that we chose to go with shutters.  It makes a world of difference to the room.  

This is a picture of the bedroom when the former owners lived here.  During the 20 odd years that they lived in the house, they made many wonderful improvements.  The one that I appreciate the most is in the master bedroom. They knocked down a wall to a smaller bedroom to enlarge the master bedroom.




And now... drum roll please...

Our Preppy Little Love Nest!



Now, I can hear you out there in blogland. You're saying... hmmmmm... that color blue looks awfully familiar!  Isn't that the color that she used in her dining room?  Right, you are, blog buddies!!  It is the same blue because I can't get enough of it! and I'm not that creative.




I love my ginger jar prints. I bought them for my Texas house from The Pink Pagoda.   


I use the desk for applying my bucket load of "miracle age-defying" make up and my 10-gallon vat of wrinkle beauty cream. 
Also, I write some posts from there when I am too darn lazy to carry my big fat rear end up the stairs to Blog Central. 
It doesn't usually look that neat - just trying to make a good impression.


We got a great deal on this mirror from Wisteria.




The stove came with the house.  We've yet to use it.  What can I say... when you're hot - you're hot.


This is where I retire and read my book after a long, stressful, nail- biting day of blogging.





That's it, dear friends.
  Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek into our nest. 

Have a great weekend.


Yes, for anyone wondering, this is the Mister, moi, and Gypsy in our dreams...   
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

23 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks fabulous......you have been one busy lady!! I am impressed, its a huge room...geez two families could live in there:) That stove is amazing and I don't have to tell you how much I love each and every one of your blue and white touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and white is so pretty together - so cool and calming. I would spend a lot of time there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    gorgeous, nothing more calming and classic then blue and white! What a fantastic room all your touches are perfect!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- What a gorgeous room! You did a wonderful job and I love the paint color and the whole shebang! You did a wonderful job-it was very pretty before but I love it now even better. How wonderful that they annexed another bedroom to give you such a nice big master suite. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one talented lady.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love blue and white!!! Sorry I got away from it in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that shade of blue. the room looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue and white is my favorite color combo. I feel guilty because I use it over and over in my home. I gave three rooms pinted the same blue....but I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. Your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, Your bedroom is soooo spacious; I wouldn't know what to do with all that room!! It looks wonderful; the perfect blend of elegance & coziness. Would love to be curled up on the beautiful chair in front of the wood burning stove some stormy afternoon. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous blue! My childhood home had a living room painted this precise color, and a college friend came home with me once and crinkled her nose at my mother's choice of color. She was never invited back!
    Such charm and class you have brought to this fabulous space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely, restful room, Katie! You did a beautiful job with the space! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful...I love all the blue and white! Have a fabulous weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonjour Katie. Your bedroom looks very nice and I love the rugs and the bed linen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the bedroom and I love everything you have done with your new home. Can't wait to see the kitchen.
    You have a great sense of humor and should think of becoming a comedian....in your spare time lol : )
    Seriously, I love reading your blog first thing in the morning because I always get a laugh out of what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gooooooooooogeous! I have to say though with each frame as I was wowed I was starting to freak out because I didn't see a TV! Thank the HEAVENS above you are still my friend when I saw it at the very end. Katie you have done wonders in such a short amount of time. Just lovely. Especially like the shutters as I have always had them as my mother did before me. R

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty. I love the blue. I also love the way you turned the desk toward the windows. That's what I would have done, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice!
    Don't know if you've ever blogged about it, since I am a new follower, but would love to hear what skin care products you use! Your skin is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, I need to hang out with you for moral support as we transition into our new place. I LOVE all the blue and the prints in the master bedroom are perfect and such a large space. You two can run around in there! ;) It must feel amazing to be checking yet another room off the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply beautiful! I adore blue and white in home decor and your master suite is stunning! I want a beauty corner in my room but I have far too many miracle creams and pots of camouflage to fit on one desk, as well as my zillion times magnification mirror to view every pore and wrinkle needing spackle. Love the wall color and all the windows. You have created a lovely retreat at the end of the day. Can wait to see more. Thank you for sharing your new home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I came across your blog on Pinterest. I love the color you chose for your bedroom and dining room. Do you remember the brand and color? Thanks for your consideration, Karen Critchley

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts