Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm Back & #2's Faves

I'm baaack!!!!  The Mister and I took our girls on a tech-free family vacation on a cruise to Bermuda.  We had a great time and I have lots of photos and stories to share with you.  
It was a very enjoyable week.  We came back a few pounds heavier and a lot more relaxed.  One member of our family (#1) felt that sunscreen was a detriment to her beauty.  She arrived home with about 6 fewer layers of skin than she started out with.  
I didn't say I told you so... much.   

So this is a post my #2 wrote before we left on vacation.  #2's list of favorite things grows and grows...kind of like my waist line on the cruise. 

*****

My Favorite Things
by #2



I know, I know, I've got a lot of favorite things. But here are a few of the most recent things that I either can't live without or have already been added to my birthday list (shout out to mom and dad in case they forgot...).


This Madewell purse has been my absolute favorite thing for years - not only is it beautiful, but it is also made for the standard wear-and-tear of a college aged girl. I got the black and brown (goes with everything) but they also make it in a full brown.
Thank god they offer that student discount though. The only reason they do is because you have to rid yourself of pride enough to reveal your school picture, which flatters no face.
Because of that student discount, I tied one of their scarves on the strap - I mean, I was saving money anyway...right?


*****




Okay, now for my obligatory food product: nutritional yeast! Before you scroll right past this one, hear me out, coming from a lac-tard, it is the cheesiest substance your stomach will be able to withstand. Mix it with a little water to make a light sauce, throw it on some veggies, pasta, or even eggs. This stuff is even sodium free (salt: my guilty pleasure). 

You can find this at nearly any grocery store.

*****

$20 says my mom will make fun of me for this next one; Sunstone Yoga. I absolutely love doing yoga, but in my small college down I'm not given many opportunities to take a class so I registered at our local studio to take it up again. Yes, while you do have the overly enthusiastic breathers and life insurance threatening poses, it is still so fun. 
I think the right may be more my speed. 
It's a time to stretch and completely relax. My mom complains about the "feet smell," body odor, and lack of clothing on some of the men - she refuses to join me. But definitely, if you are interested in relaxing for an hour with a group of people in the same boat - hit up yoga. But go with an open mind.


*****

A website I love? www.psiadoreyou.com
This is a site with daily deals on cute, etsy-like, pieces. This means clothing, hair accessories, crafts, baby stuff. It changes daily and is DEFINITELY worth a look! It's on my "Daily Reads!"

*****

Thank you, #2, for a great post and I will work on opening my mind to yoga!

Namaste.







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a wonderful vacation! I had heard about the nutritional yeast, but couldn't find it...will have to look again. Both our girls are lactose intolerant! Love the Madewell bag. The Jon Hart bags were all the rage at Baylor this past fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun vacation and I love your favorite things...but the dog at the end takes the prize!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...lucky you. you missed the Texas sun for at least a few days! can't wait to see the pictures. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Katie and glad y'all had a good time (sorry to hear about the sunburn:(

    The M. bag is great! Just ordered a couple things from them and will order again. The yoga had me laughing .. that happy baby pose is so funny and (when I do yoga .. which is seldom these days) my daughter and I both look at each other and crack up:)

    xxL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great vacation - I am so glad you had a good one! I like all your ideas there - great post. Very informative! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! So glad to hear you had a wonderful week of R&R with your family...those are my favorite kind of vacations. It's getting harder and harder to find a time when all of us are available to go somewhere!

    Happy to read your #2's favorites...my #1 is looking for a new tote to use for school and I will show her the Madewell tote...I think she will love it!

    I am so not a Yoga person...many of my friends think I should do it for stress relief, but just the thought of putting myself in yoga pants gives me an anxiety attack...nevermind actually DOING the yoga....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home Kate...you were missed! Love this post...full of good information. Have to check out the site, always enjoy hearing about your travels and am sure you will provide many laughs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are back from another great family trip! #2 has the best taste. I loved seeing her on our McKinney trip! As you can tell I hardly felt like posting last week knowing you were on vacation from internet world. Can't wait to see vacation pics!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts