Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, September 23, 2022

Room Reveal: Blog Central

 




What a crazy week I have had.  We lost the internet for a couple of days.  The diagnosis was a broken modem.  We then had to wait for a new one to arrive in the mail.  I showed up half an hour late to an appointment because I got the time wrong.  I clogged my sink, which resulted in a sink full of water.  I then proceeded to drop my phone into the sink.  Lucky for me, I have the razor-sharp reflexes of an Olympian and saved the phone.



The highlight of my week is meeting this beautiful lady in person.  Kristin and I have followed each other for about ten years.  She had a blog for a couple of years and then moved on to Instagram.  Kristen's account is private because she has two beautiful children.  She is a big fan of Sista's book


Kristen is a total delight, and I look forward to many more fun lunches to come!



On to the reveal... 



As you can see, it was an empty slate.  We had already pulled up the carpeting and replaced it with hardwood floors.  This was the day that my designer and friend, Lori, came to see the project.  



When we began this project, I wanted to include sentimental things.  One of them being this Connecticut print.  It was given to us by my family's best friends and next-door neighbors, The B's.  That print made it through nine moves all over the country and was hung in every one of our houses.  Every time I look at it, I think about all the fun times that I shared growing up with the B's. 

Now let's tackle the elephant in the room. 
That employee that you see sleeping on the job is PEN's Employee of the Month.


That's more like it.
Little Red is campaigning for Employee of the Month this month.



I usually report for duty at 5:30 AM with coffee in hand. 



There's no dilly-dallying on my watch.
Everyone is expected to report to their stations on time! 

I originally ordered another mirror, but it was back ordered for months.  I ordered this one and like it even better.

I needed a long table for that wall, and this console fit the bill perfectly.



The rattan chair was bought right off the floor at the design center.  It was my lucky day - I found the side table that evening.

For some reason, I seemed a lot more excited about my good fortune than the Mister.



I linked everything at the end of the post.
The floral and trellis fabrics are Schumacher.
The pink pillows are from Calico.
The monogram pillow was ordered from Etsy.



The minute I saw that Sitting Bird Chinoiserie panel pair from Urban Garden, I knew they would be perfect for that wall.




The Mister ordered the museum lights from here.







Every room needs a wisp of whimsy.
I fell in love with these prints on Etsy.
The quality is phenomenal.




I think Miss Millie likes the rug as much as I do because she hasn't left any messages on it.
She's either growing up, or she is developing good taste.



I'm very pleased with the desk that I chose. 
The desk chair is a good fit, too. 



The Mister found this lamp for me.  He knows that I have problems with small print and thought the attached gooseneck lamp would come in handy.  

And it definitely has, but I'll keep it from the Mister.
I need to keep him on his toes. 





Thank you for coming to visit.
My receptionist will show you out.

I want to thank my designer friend, Lori, for all her help.
If you are in the area and could use some help with your decor, I highly recommend Lori from Lori Lynn Designs.


Links:

desk


One last thing... I will be on assignment next week.
If you're thinking that it's a supermodel gig, you're probably right.












Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

33 comments:

  1. Preppy Empty Nester! The new command center is first class … and it’s not easy to get good help these days. Looks like you’ve scored big time with Miss Millie. What is that glorious paint color on the built line?! Love the console … all the art … the window seat, chair, desk, everything! With an office like this I’d beat the commute and be at my station by 5am. Absolutely stunning … I know the blog posts will be flowing. Once you report back from assignment! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous space! My faves are the Etsy prints and the PEN pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fabulous space! I love those built ins.. everything from the color to the cushion to the pillows is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great office! You seem to have thought of everything. Also, somehow I missed the story of sista's book. I just ordered a copy of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for ordering Gobble. I'm sure you will love it!

      Delete
  5. Katie, it looks fabulous! I love all of the person touches, whimsy and color. And I Love your assistant.
    Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the office and everything in it! The etsy art is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Especially the bookcases and window seat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your office is lovely - perfect space for blogging. I am intrugued: how on earth did you get so many books that are all the same height?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fabulous, Katie! And glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your office is so lovely, Katie! My favorite thing is that Etsy print with the birds in it!! It looks like Florida! Whimsy is always good! Thanks for sharing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I do love everything about your new office. It is perfectly lovely and I would have expected nothing less from a lady with such great taste. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful post - so many great finds. Could your tell me the source for the dog bed,please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie,
    I loved your home in MA, but this house is beyond beautiful. Your designer and you have created a welcoming home with items of beauty and interest. The best accessory is, no doubt, Miss Millie. I'm so happy you're back. I understand the need for a break, but your posts always brighten my day.
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katie, love this room. Where is the link for the museum lights. It came up an error when I hit it. Need them for my bookcases. Thank you so much. Beth B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth... It looks like I am going to have to dock Millie's pay this week! I fixed the link. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. Your new office looks great! The large Urban Garden prints look perfect on that wall. A designer once told me to "buy big" - it's easier to decorate and make an impact with something big than a bunch of small things. Were the built-in bookshelves and bench already there? Does your desk chair leave any marks on your hardwood floors? My husband's rolling chair did, so I had to lay a rug under the desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! The room was totally blank - no bookcases or window seat. I had the most wonderful carpenter in the world. No, my wheels have not made any marks yet. But thanks for the cautionary note I may have to invest in a mat. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  17. Katie, this is a room I would never want to leave. And should I figure out exactly how close we live to one another, I may be over to relieve you of that mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS ANONYMOUS THING!I HAVE TRIED MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT NOW I BET A CROWN POPS UP?I WANT MY ADOPTED NAME TO APPEAR!IF THE CAPS DONT GIVE ME AWAY I HAVE A FEELING YOU WILL KNOW WHO IT IS AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!
    LOVE THE ASSISTANT AND THE FACT SHE HAS "GOOD TASTE!"JUST LIKE HER MOTHER.......

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely LOVE your office Katie! It turned out so well. I especially like that Pagoda mirror, what a great find!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a dreamy space Katie! Love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your office is beautiful and almost as charming as your assistants. hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colors are just spectacular! This just screams Katie! Just think of all the creating that will happen in that space!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This room is absolutely gorgeous. I would spend all day on that chaise needlepointing and reading. I did notice that there are no wine glasses in any of the photos....hmmm.

    Annie G.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Katie it looks beautiful! My favorite thing is that lamp! If I were you I would be in there all the time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Above comment is from Charlene G. Do not know what happened but am back to my name and pic not showing. I’ll try to get that fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love, love, love it all! The whole room is beautiful but that console with the lamps and pink lampshades could be my favorite. Gorgeous!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful space! The desk, the art, those bookshelves! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am in love with this room! Fabulous job! I would never leave it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous room! Looks like an inspiring place to work and be creative as well as to relax.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. How did I miss this post? Oh I need to email you. Love it! The assistant looks like she has earned a raise! xo laura (or some member benefit that all the youngins' want these days!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts