Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, May 1, 2020

Mother's Day Gift Ideas


Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you and your family are staying healthy.  All is well around here.  We are in for another rainy day today, but the weekend is full of sunshine.  Quarantine is so much more bearable when it is a beautiful day.

I have the honor of being chosen as Friend of the Week over at Create With Joy which hosts one of my favorite link parties.  Stop over and say hello.

I started this post a couple of days ago and it just got bigger and bigger, so I split it into two.  My #1 refers to my gift posts as Mom's Wish Lists.  She is one smart cookie. 






Nothing is better than slipping into a plush terry robe after a relaxing bath.
You would surely become Mom's favorite kid.



Amazon



Amazon



Amazon

Could Mom use some cute jams?






Amazon


If Mom has organizing on the top of her to-do list like me, why not gift her some fun containers? 





Amazon





Amazon

Does she need a place to store the family jewels?








Amazon

As I have told you before, I love this makeup mirror.  You can adjust the light with a knob, and the magnification is 10x.  Great for plucking chin hairs eyebrows.






Amazon

I bought this set for myself.
I plan on going back to the nail salon at some point, but I think I'll bring my own tools.
How about giving Mom a manicure set and a gift certificate to her favorite salon?





Amazon

I heard from a lot of readers about this product for my weak, pitiful nails apres acrylics.  I ordered it, and it's supposed to arrive next week.

I'll keep you posted.





Amazon

If Mom's now doing her own nails, why not give her a polish set?








Sephora

For the Mom who enjoys beauty products and is open to new things, give her the gift of the most popular products at Sephora.



Sephora

I have this mask and love it.



Sephora

Since most spas are closed, how about giving Mom a set of masks?





Bloomingdales

My #1 gave me this treatment for my birthday.
She tells me that it's the hottest thing.
It's supposed to perform miracles.
I could use a miracle.




These two products arrived this morning from my #2 for my birthday.  Good Genes promises to lighten the dark spots of which I have plenty.  C.E.O. is a serum that promises to brighten the skin.
Thanks to my girls, I am going to be pretty close to perfect when I am finished with these wonder products.




Amazon

No spa?
No problem!






Amazon

If your Mom carries all her stress in her neck and back, this massager may be just the ticket.





Here are some fun time fillers.

Amazon

You won't keep asking Mom for the same recipe all the time if she fills out this cookbook. 



Amazon

It's a great time for Grandma to sit down and record her memories.



Amazon

Is your Mom a frustrated artist?
A paint-by-number set may help her scratch that itch. 




Amazon

Any interest in hand lettering?




Amazon

How about a needlepoint kit?





Amazon

For the Mom who lacks a green thumb.
How about filling a container with succulents?
Even I can't kill a succulent.



Amazon

Put a pretty orchid in this flowerpot, and you'll make your Mom's day.





Amazon

How about some herbs for her kitchen?





Amazon

You can fill this basket with some gardening tools and gloves.
Then your Mom can use this basket for picked flowers.






Amazon

This pitcher would turn into a total wow gift with fresh flowers in it.






Neiman Marcus





Amazon






Amazon

Is your Mom a tea drinker?





Would she appreciate a new cookbook?
Here are a few new releases.



Amazon


Amazon




Amazon


Amazon

Katie Couric and her daughter did a cute video with Alison Roman.






Does your Mom need some new accessories for her kitchen?



Amazon






Amazon

Does your Mom need to spice up her life?




Amazon



Amazon


We've been using these cutting boards for years.
They're great because they are dishwasher safe.




Amazon

How cute are these measuring cups?








Amazon

Would your Mom appreciate a wine chiller?
It can chill a bottle of wine in six minutes!
Why not include a good bottle of wine?
Better yet... include a note of apology for driving her to drink. 




Amazon

I could have used this glass years ago!



Be well.


Until next time...





Linking up with:
Anything Goes
BFF Open House
Friday at the Firehouse
Best of the Month Party
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

14 comments:

  1. Terrific ideas! And I have a terrible time finding jammies I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a smart cookie! So many fabulous ideas and my lanai needs those lemon pillows! Have a sweet weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything Blue and White is a favorite of mine Katie. I have become a tea drinker and my favorite is Strawverry Sensation by Ahmad Tea. I became acquainted with this brand at a friend's house and now I am a tea drinker. I even bought an electric tea pot. I got a new primer in my IPSY bag that I put on my Amazon Wish List. Quinch primer by Tarte comsmetics. It feels so good, I am using it for a mositurizer. Lots of great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ideas! I love all your beauty suggestions. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post with great ideas for gifts. Comfy jammies are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jammies are definitely the theme this year. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all great suggestions!! You may have a new gig as an online personal shopper!! lol!
    I especially love the beauty products! I, too, had to relinquish acrylic nails a few years back. A friend suggested taking chewable Pre Natal vitamins. Amazing! My nails grow like the proverbial weeds!! Now, only need to have manicure. Enjoy the sunny weekend! :) Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my favorite posts, second only to your book/tv recommendations. I'm adding many of these to my shopping, I mean wish, list. We are being pretty cautious here as a family with the partial opening. I'm not sure when we'll actually go out to eat or to a store other than groceries. I'm sure your daughter in Dallas will be cautious too, and all will be well! Take care and enjoy a sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! I've asked for nail polish, some books, some pjs, new clothes.. really I just directed all my boys to my Amazon wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always fun! I am going back to check out a couple of things! Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas as always. Can you please report back on your thoughts of the Sunday Riley products? I have debated more than once...they are pricey but if there really is a noticable difference...maybe worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comfy jammies are a must. Enjoy the sunny weekend! Sending you a text message about Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never think to turn to Amazon for pajamas, but those are cute sets! I just ordered the Go Ask Dad Wine glass from your link for my sister-in-law. Two little girls both her and my brother quarantining for work. She will love it! Happy Whatever Day! laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of goodies in this collection - love the PJ's, containers, and all the gardening stuff! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts